The Best Football Coaches in America

WisColtFan7

Oh, you didn't know?
Reaction score
Now I know that some of you may be a little biased when the discussion pops up about who the best football coach in the country is, but this is not the thread for that. Instead, I'd like to talk and learn a little more about those at the lower levels (small colleges, HS, etc) who you might follow but the rest don't know about.

For example, I have two. 1) Lance Leipold, head coach at UW-Whitewater. He recently became the fastest coach in NCAA history to win 100 games, with a current record of 104-6. That's not a typo. The Warhawks are currently the #1 team in DIII and the favorite to win their 4th consecutive national championship.

2) Marv Cook, HC at Iowa City Regina HS. The Regals recently had a 56 consecutive win streak snapped, but are in the state semifinals of Class 2-A and looking to win their 5th title under Cook. Yes, it's the same Marv Cook that was a 2 time All-Pro for New England.

Lets hear more about some of the unheralded coaches you know
Posted via Mobile Device

The guy on North Dakota. Forgot his name...they beat some team in Iowa.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris Klieman is his name, and they beat Iowa State. However, yesterday they had their 33 game winning streak snapped by Northern Iowa. When you have College Game day show up to Fargo TWICE you know they're doing something special up there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Butch Goncharoff Head Coach of the Bellevue WA Wolverines. I love watching his teams play football. His are the only High School game tapes I've ever paid money for. This was the team that broke De La Salle's 151 game winning streak in 2004. He was named MaxPrep's Coach of the Decade 2001-2010.

His Wing-T offense was poetry in motion. When my squad ran the Wing-T, I used to show them Bellevue game tapes and I studied them for endless hours.

When they were exclusively a Wing-T team, I would have watched them over an NFL game each and every time. They are much more varied now but still just as successful.

Their clips and some full games are all over YouTube.

Back