The Bruins look good

jayShomp

Reaction score
They really do. Winning and looking good doing it. It's been soooo long since I've been excited about them and I finally am again. So have the 1st place Bruins heightened anyone else's interest? I know it's a stretch but how awesome would it be to have all 4 teams win a championship this decade?

They really do. Winning and looking good doing it. It's been soooo long since I've been excited about them and I finally am again. So have the 1st place Bruins heightened anyone else's interest? I know it's a stretch but how awesome would it be to have all 4 teams win a championship this decade?

That would be great! But are they playing like the OLD Bruins?

So have the 1st place Bruins heightened anyone else's interest?

No.

The season's 14 games old.

I'll get excited about the Bruins when they win a round of playoffs.

Yeah I just watched the game and they look better then I thought they would. Very nice start and long in the waiting on our behalf.

O'Reilly was the man.

They do look good, Wehler is a player, Kessel can fly, Lucuc is a physical presence. The goaltending is strong.

Having said that I'm a Bruins die-hard but as JD said, they need to win a freakin round.

No.

The season's 14 games old.

I'll get excited about the Bruins when they win a round of playoffs.
For me it's a carry over from how they played in the playoffs last year. They have picked up exactly where they left off. And I don't know if you saw the Stars game but if you did, you'd know this team is special. Get excited now damn it! :)

Milan Lucic had 8 hits tonight and he didn't get cheated on any of them. He absolutely barried a couple of guys.

Last week's game against the Stars was very telling about what this team is all about. They showed a lot of team unity sticking up for each other and we even saw a couple guys drop the gloves you wouldn't normally expect.

Give Peter Chiarelli credit. He along with Cam Neely and the rest of the front office are slowly changing the face of the team and I'm impressed with what I see. This kid Blake Wheeler they brought in looks like he could be a top tier player in the league in a couple of years.

Jeremy Jacobs makes it feel dirty though, I hate that mother phucker.

Give Peter Chiarelli credit. He along with Cam Neely and the rest of the front office are slowly changing the face of the team and I'm impressed with what I see. This kid Blake Wheeler they brought in looks like he could be a top tier player in the league in a couple of years.
Well, it does seem that they are ACTUALLY keeping the talent rather than dealing them away for pennies on the dollar.

There used to be a saying: "You want to play for a champion, play for the Bruins(we'll trade you to a really good team)"

Milan Lucic had 8 hits tonight and he didn't get cheated on any of them. He absolutely barried a couple of guys.

That was thru 2 periods, he had 3 or 4 more in the 3rd. This kid will be the captian someday and be a 35 - 40 goal guy.

Well, it does seem that they are ACTUALLY keeping the talent rather than dealing them away for pennies on the dollar.

The talent hasn't gotten to the point that they need to deal them, I'm curious to see what they do when they get to that point.

There used to be a saying: "You want to play for a champion, play for the Bruins(we'll trade you to a really good team)"

Absolutely. The new front office seems to be very cognizant of the perception of how the Bruins have operated for years. For years Sinden and company put more effort into trading away their best players or worse yet, let them walk via free agency because they didn't want to pay them.

Just the fact that Chiarelli and Neely were able to sell Wheeler on coming to Boston, a team that has not won a playoff series in years, speaks volumes about the culture change within the organization.

The talent hasn't gotten to the point that they need to deal them, I'm curious to see what they do when they get to that point.
Hopefully he realize that having a winning franchise actually produces more dollars, especially in Boston.

Just the fact that Chiarelli and Neely were able to sell Wheeler on coming to Boston, a team that has not won a playoff series in years, speaks volumes about the culture change within the organization.

Agreed. I like Wheeler alot. I know Shero was the sexy pick but I think Chiarelli know's what he's doing and will get this team back to where it should be.

Yeah, these Bruins have alot of fine homegrown talent, and as mentioned, they are picking up where they left off last playoffs vs. les habitants. Okay laugh....this is a team that is in legitimate contention for the Stanley Cup. They skate. They hit. They score. They defend. The goal-tending is top notch. They have attitude and confidence. They play smart...good passing. And I think the coach, Claude Julien, is top notch. You can tell in his post-game interviews, he is smart, can-do guy, who the players respect and try hard for.

This is a good young team getting experienced together, and they have already found the winning ways.

This could be the year the Bruins excite everybody....all the way to the Stanley Cup.

I'm excited about the Bruins right now. They're playing good, team hockey, and getting contributions from lots of players.

I was bummed that Thomas wasn't getting the nod tonight, and they didn't skip a beat with Fernandez.

And Dennis Wideman is a good looking player.

Very psyched to have a Bruins team that looks like it could stay in the mix.

Back