The Classical Music Thread

TItle: I Giorni (The Days)
Artist: Ludovico Einaudi

Not all classical composers are dead Europeans. Ludovico Einaudi is a year younger than me.

Last edited:
TItle: I Giorni (The Days)
Arsist: Einaudi

Not all classical composers are dead Europeans. Ludovico Einaudi is a year younger than me.

Won't take long. He'll be de-composing soon enough. 🤷

Title: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Composer: Mendelssohn

This is just brilliant. Thank you.

No matter the religious theme this just beautiful and heroic,

There have been some amazing inspired works of religion like Norte Dame Cathedral and this and there's also a good deal that depicts man as a subhuman piece of nothing.

In any case, this isn't one of them. Wow!!

To the highest in mankind.

Last edited:
This is just brilliant. Thank you.

No matter the religious theme this just beautiful and heroic,

There have been some amazing inspired works of religion like Norte Dame Cathedral and this and there's also a good deal that depicts man as a subhuman piece of nothing.

In any case, this isn't one of them. Wow!!

To the highest in mankind.
Thank you and Merry Christmas Theirs so many Bachs, I think this might be PDQ.!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CCTAypyqBs

Title: Hungarian Dance No. 5
Composer: Brahms

I was once told that when it came to classical music, there were the three Bs - Beethoven, Bach and Brahms - and that everyone else was at least one tier below.

Well, I don't think that's true, and as I became more familiar with classical music I expanded my horizons and listened to many other composers. And I never really listened to much of Brahms's music.

I've always thought of him and Beethoven in the same terms as Steve Young and Joe Montana.

But Steve Young was pretty good in his own right, I think.

Title: Funeral March Of A Marionette
Composer: Charles Gounod

Title: The Sorceror's Apprentice
Composer: Paul Dukas

Last edited:
Title: Neapolitan Song (Funiculì, Funiculà)

Composer: Rimsky-Korsakov / Luigi Denza

Title: Souvenir de Florence (4th movement)
Composer: Tchaikovsky

Performed at Jordan Hall in Boston by some well-regarded high-school musicians.

Title: Star Wars Theme
Composer: John Williams

Happy Birthday to one of the all-time great composers.

Title: Grand Tarantelle For Piano And Orchestra
Composer: Louis Moreau Gottschalk

I haven't posted very many pieces by American composers, but I think this work and this performance is as good as anything in this thread.

Gottschalk was from New Orleans, and it's said that Chopin was a big fan of his music. I'm no Chopin, but I like it, too.

Last edited:
Title: Oblivion
Composer: Astor Piazzolla

Never heard the piece before, but is soothingly beautiful. Maybe not quite as beautiful as Alison. Maybe one of the best nicknames (certainly in the CM sphere) ever, the "Trumpet Strumpet" and I believe she may have imposed it on herself. :toast:

O mio Babbino Caro

Sissel Kyrkjebo

Pucini

Thanks for that - it's new music for me.

<iframe width="962" height="541" src="YouTube" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back