The corona virus

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
I never wore masks outside when not near others or with members of my household (or close friends and family we seen often) unless I felt the other person would want it. If you wore a mask outside not around others, you are a sheep.

Just so we are clear. If you wore a mask while walking in a park that wasn't crowded and could easily social distance, you were a sheep just because they said mask mandate.
My wife and I went to a state park for two nights last fall to get out of the house and get away from kids. While on trails, we didn’t wear masks. It makes no sense to. We had them just in case we went inside a building.

Last edited:

foobahl

Reaction score

I never said it was going away and that is not what herd immunity means.

KontradictioN

Reaction score

An excerpt...

Women and people of color are the most likely to say they are financially worse off today than before the pandemic began, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll, underscoring the struggles many Americans are still facing even as the broader economy shows signs of improvement.

A quarter of women say their family’s financial situation is worse today than before the coronavirus-related shutdowns began in March 2020, compared to 18 percent of men, the poll finds. And 27 percent of non-Whites say they are worse off now vs. 18 percent of Whites.

The findings highlight the ongoing financial hardships that many families are facing a year into the global health crisis. Women and workers of color were far more likely to lose jobs when the pandemic took hold last spring and wiped out millions of service-sector jobs in restaurants, hotels, spas, salons and non-urgent health-care fields. Women have also borne the majority of the child-care responsibilities as schools and day-care centers shuttered and classes moved online, requiring additional parental involvement.

In follow-up interviews, several women told The Post they were forced to leave jobs to care for children, or they had to take lower-paying jobs that gave them more flexibility. A few women also cited rising costs of rent and food, which caused some to fall behind on bills even if they were able to keep their jobs.

About 1 in 5 Americans overall say their family’s financial situation is worse than before the shutdowns, while more than 6 in 10 adults say their financial situation is about the same as before the pandemic.

Channa Allerheiligen, a home health aide in Grand Junction, Colo., is one of millions of women who stopped working outside the home to take care of her two children and a stepson. The youngsters, who are in elementary school, could not manage online classes on their own.

“I had to quit my job to home-school my kids. During that time, my husband also lost his job. So I had to go back to work, but the job I ended up getting has lower pay,” Allerheiligen said.
In addition to a big dip in income, Allerheiligen said her family’s rent rose nearly $300 a month. Their landlord demanded more money, as families moving to Colorado from California were willing to pay higher rent.

When reached by phone on Monday, Allerheiligen said she was worried about whether her family would have enough to eat over the next two weeks. Money is running low again.

Question for the liberal members on this board - in your haste to SHUT IT DOWN NOW, did you even stop to consider the far reaching economic ramifications such a shutdown would have? And these shutdowns have impacted minorities and women hardest of all. The former because they make up a huge chunk of the service sector, which was the hardest hit. The latter because they now need to stay home and watch their children, who should be in school anyway.

Hell, California had some of the most draconian measures taken. They even chained up and put a fence around a bar who ignored the shut down order a few weeks ago. Fuck them for trying to make a living, eh? One of the reasons why Newsom is now on the precipice of getting recalled and challenged by Caitlyn Jenner, of all people. They haven’t fared any better. What happens when you shut the economy down? Young people then gather at one another’s homes. Can we at least get an admission that the shutdown was a massive error which added trillions to the national debt, killed small businesses, forced migrations from blue cities to red states, and took an economic toll that will last decades on millions of Americans? Or are we just going to continue to dig our heels in on that one?

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
if one were cynical, one might opine that this was part of the point. make 'em dependent then daddy govt, i mean taxpayer, would bail them out. all it takes is a vote. :coffee:

KontradictioN

Reaction score
if one were cynical, one might opine that this was part of the point. make 'em dependent then daddy govt, i mean taxpayer, would bail them out. all it takes is a vote. :coffee:
Maybe. But I also see a large sect of people who are okay with trading freedom (in this case, the freedom of CHOICE) for safety/security.

PatriotInIndy

I Do My Job
Reaction score

I never said it was going away and that is not what herd immunity means.

Herd immunity reaching the proper threshold leads to the eradication of the disease. We are never going to get there with COVID because of anti-vaxxers. We're already hitting the point where demand for the vaccine is the primary challenge.

HSanders

Reaction score
fyi, you are not immune to covid because you get the shots. so please stop blaming people who are skeptical of an emergency shot that has had no time to have long term effects displayed.

KontradictioN

Reaction score
fyi, you are not immune to covid because you get the shots. so please stop blaming people who are skeptical of an emergency shot that has had no time to have long term effects displayed.
Not immune, but it lessens the impact of the virus. I’ve been to crowded bars, restaurants, the sandbar on the weekends, and shows/concerts maskless since getting it. Absolutely blasted by particles. Nothing. It’s your choice to not get vaccinated, of course. I think it’s dumb, personally, but it’s your life.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score

You are 99.99901% COVID free if you vax up, based on the latest numbers.

So yeah, I’d say it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSanders

Reaction score
You are 99.99901% COVID free if you vax up, based on the latest numbers.

So yeah, I’d say it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
where are you getting 99%?
mayoclinic has 90s but only WITHOUT SYMPTOMS.

OP
aloyouis

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Can we at least get an admission that the shutdown was a massive error which added trillions to the national debt, killed small businesses, forced migrations from blue cities to red states, and took an economic toll that will last decades on millions of Americans?
Doubtful you will get a complete admission. There might be some back tracking and other deflection.

The short answer is FUCK YES!!!

OP
aloyouis

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Does anyone think Joe realizes how obtuse he is? He has no self awareness.

Is anyone really wearing masks in their backyard? At the park?

There is no one wearing masks at the hotel here in SW Florida ANYWHERE and the guy comes on TV and says shit like this. There are NO scientific results to back up the fear mongering.

The numbers PROVE the opposite, yet he stumbles out to the microphone, mumbles through his provided statement and wonders back off to where Jill will most certainly give him a hug and an ice cream cone.

It is infuriating both that they continue with this BS and that some people believe it.

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I stopped wearing it period. I've been walking around stores and everywhere else. No one has said a word to me. If I have to go see a doc, well that's different.
It's almost summer and I'll be spending a lot more time in NH, the mask rules are over there. Can't wait.