The Cover Is Better Than The Original Version

Love his clever lyrics and composing skills. He did 2 shows at the Orpheum in early 88. Lori and I went to the first show. Great play list and the band was on fire. Good times.

Cheers
The Best Band you Never Heard in your Life. The 88 tour was his last and the band self destructed before the tour was complete. I was lucky enough to see him in Springfield MA on that tour.

To this day, that was the best sounding live music I have ever heard.

Original: You Keep Me Hangin' On
Artist: The Supremes

Cover: Vanilla Fudge

Original: Handbags And Gladrags
Artist: Chris Farlowe

Cover: Chase

Virtuoso trumpeter Bill Chase and his band knock it out of the park here. (Chase was born in the Squantum area of Quincy 69, Mass.)

Sugar, Sugar original: The Archies
Better version: Wilson Pickett

:smilies-11117:

It's nice to see a post from you - it's been a while. I hope to see more, if you're so inclined.
I've been laid up with a back issue and prefer to spend my time either asleep or eating :beagle3:I am a Beagle, ya know. Hope you are well and are making the bike paths safe for all travelers.

There was a Mary McCaslin post of a different song in the Nostalgic music thread, and that reminded me of one that she wrote.

Although her version of Young Westley is quite good, I like Bromberg's a little better. But all credit to Ms. McCaslin for composing such a wonderful song.

Original: Young Westley
Artist: Mary McCaslin

Cover: David Bromberg

Gov't Mule covers Floyd.... FWIW I saw them at the Orpheum in Boston a while back and that show was recorded and turned in to "Dark Side of the Mule".

View: https://youtu.be/Gnj2SV3Tu-g

When you posted that, my first reaction was "that's not possible" - I couldn't imagine a better version than the original.

I'm not going to say I was wrong, but I can't say you're wrong, either. :beer:

When you posted that, my first reaction was "that's not possible" - I couldn't imagine a better version than the original.

I'm not going to say I was wrong, but I can't say you're wrong, either. :beer:
You can imagine my surprise when I went to see them..had no idea they would be doing this. They did half the show with their own stuff, intermission, and then a long Floyd set.

Back