The Deflategate stupid argument thread

Patriots71

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
Reaction score
Website
t.me
For all of those accolades and not needing any excuses I found a whole pile of them.

Not to mention all of the tinfoil hat, conspiracy theories about the NFL's vendetta against them.

For people that don't need excuses you sure collect and share a lot of them...

There is no excuse, the pats lost, the refs were as close to suspect as I have ever seen. I have never seen anything in any sport that was that one sided. I mean at least hide it a bit better next time. Its ok, it goes with the territory, when you ruin the NFL's parity goal, you expect this kind of thing. I mean a crybaby team says the ball had .3 PSI of air and we have a year long shit fest. HGH gets delivered to Peytons house and we barely hear about it....so you tell me.

There is no excuse, the pats lost, the refs were as close to suspect as I have ever seen. I have never seen anything in any sport that was that one sided. I mean at least hide it a bit better next time. Its ok, it goes with the territory, when you ruin the NFL's parity goal, you expect this kind of thing. I mean a crybaby team says the ball had .3 PSI of air and we have a year long shit fest. HGH gets delivered to Peytons house and we barely hear about it....so you tell me.

So there's no excuse, except the refs cost them the game? Did I get that right?

The PSI thing was reported by NFL players and coaches, examined by NFL executives and officials, investigated by Ted Wells and Exponent.

HGH was reported by some guy with shaky credibility at best who recanted the whole story.

So you tell me...

And by the way, if it turns out that Manning is, in fact, guilty of HGH or any other PED usage, I would not be the only Bronco fan to condemn him for it. Mindlessly defending the guilty is a Patriot* fan thing.

The PSI thing was reported by NFL players and coaches, examined by NFL executives and officials, investigated by Ted Wells and Exponent.

HGH was reported by some guy with shaky credibility at best who recanted the whole story.

So you tell me...

And by the way, if it turns out that Manning is, in fact, guilty of HGH or any other PED usage, I would not be the only Bronco fan to condemn him for it. Mindlessly defending the guilty is a Patriot* fan thing.

No the PSI thing was not reported by players. They were there for that game to test the balls at the half on a cold rainy day. Get your facts straight. No HGH was reported by a guy and Manning has never denied it was sent to his house....If it was Brady in the same situation, it would blow up the world.

So you tell me...

Lol here we go. Broncos fans want to talk about refs excuses? Hahahaha

So you tell me...

Explain to me why the Colts balls were also under-inflated, and why did the NFL stop testing them once they found out? Exponent also said second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer.:coffee:

Most fans who thinks Toms Guilty of deflated footballs never did the research. The main reason its not their QB or Team, and opposing fans are desperate to dismiss the Pats Legacy so they can feel better about their team.

No the PSI thing was not reported by players. They were there for that game to test the balls at the half on a cold rainy day. Get your facts straight. No HGH was reported by a guy and Manning has never denied it was sent to his house....If it was Brady in the same situation, it would blow up the world.
How can you have lived with this stuff for a year and not know it?

D'Qwell Jackson (a player) intercepted a ball and gave it to his equipment staff. They measured it and reported it to various team and league officials. The league officials weren't there to test the balls at all, they were there for the AFCCG. They had dismissed the Colts' charges against the Patriots from the day before as nothing to take serious and it wasn't until they were told the Colts actually had a NE ball that was light that they reacted by testing the balls at halftime. They improvised a procedure because it was entirely unprecedented.

It's humorous in the extreme that you're telling me to get my facts straight when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

D'Qwell Jackson (a player) intercepted a ball and gave it to his equipment staff. They measured it and reported it to various team and league officials. The league officials weren't there to test the balls at all, they were there for the AFCCG. They had dismissed the Colts' charges against the Patriots from the day before as nothing to take serious and it wasn't until they were told the Colts actually had a NE ball that was light that they reacted by testing the balls at halftime. They improvised a procedure because it was entirely unprecedented.

It's humorous in the extreme that you're telling me to get my facts straight when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
you are a product of the ESPN propaganda machine. The whole entire thing is complete farce Chris Mortensons report of the 12 balls underinflated was false. The whole thing is a sham. I'm at my cell phone so I can't respond with links but I'm sure there's plenty of Planeteers will assist you. If you can open your brain just a little bit and look at the facts that is being handed to you outside of the ESPN propaganda machine then you might learn something.

Explain to me why the Colts balls were also under-inflated, and why did the NFL stop testing them once they found out? Exponent also said second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer.:coffee:

Most fans who thinks Toms Guilty of deflated footballs never did the research. The main reason its not their QB or Team, and opposing fans are desperate to dismiss the Pats Legacy so they can feel better about their team.
The Colts balls were less than the minimum 12.5 psi when measured at halftime because of the reduction in air pressure due to temperature.

Would you care to explain now why the Patriot balls dropped, on average, over half pound more than the Colts balls?

By the way, I didn't bring up Deflategate, Patriot71 did, and it looks like he hasn't done any research. I only showed up to call out the hypocrisy of painting the Broncos fans as whiners who would make excuses based on officiating after the garbage spewed on here not even 2 months ago.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

you are a product of the ESPN propaganda machine. The whole entire thing is complete farce Chris Mortensons report of the 12 balls underinflated was false. The whole thing is a sham. I'm at my cell phone so I can't respond with links but I'm sure there's plenty of Planeteers will assist you. If you can open your brain just a little bit and look at the facts that is being handed to you outside of the ESPN propaganda machine then you might learn something.
Interesting...I'm a product of a network I don't even get in my home and I could give a flying **** about whatever Chris Mortensen reports.

I did read every page of the Wells report, something I'm beginning to suspect makes me an anomaly around here...

The Colts balls were less than the minimum 12.5 psi when measured at halftime because of the reduction in air pressure due to temperature.

Would you care to explain now why the Patriot balls dropped, on average, over half pound more than the Colts balls?

By the way, I didn't bring up Deflategate, Patriot71 did, and it looks like he hasn't done any research. I only showed up to call out the hypocrisy of painting the Broncos fans as whiners who would make excuses based on officiating after the garbage spewed on here not even 2 months ago.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Interesting...I'm a product of a network I don't even get in my home and I could give a flying **** about whatever Chris Mortensen reports.

I did read every page of the Wells report, something I'm beginning to suspect makes me an anomaly around here...
The Colts ball started at 13 psi because that's what Andrew luck prefers and Tom Brady likes his balls at 12.5 psi. I'm telling you this whole thing turned out to be the most overblown pile of garbage in the history of sports. Anybody that has an objective mind in an IQ above 60 can figure this out. Every scientist any credibility has totally laughed at the NFL. The D'Qwell Jackson did not even complain about ball psi by the way. That was a total fabrication again by the Colts and NFL front office. You see the problem is the NFL realize they made a mistake but instead of admitting they did make a mistake they decided to drag Tom Brady's name through the mud even more do to it complete arrogance. Now Tom Brady won the court case easily by the way. The NFL is continuing to push this because Roger Goodell does not want to lose power. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs and the bad sentence structure. I'm on my cell phone and getting ready to leave for dinner.

The Colts ball started at 13 psi because that's what Andrew luck prefers and Tom Brady likes his balls at 12.5 psi.
You misunderstand. The Patriot balls weren't a half pound lower than the Colts balls at halftime.

The Patriot balls were 11.11 or 11.49 depending on the gauge. Starting at 12.5, as you indicated, that means they dropped by either 1.5 pounds or 1 pound approximately.

The Colts balls were 12.27 or 12.67 depending on the gauge. Starting at 13, as you indicated, that means the Colts dropped by either .7 or .3 pounds approximately.

Explain why the difference between starting PSI and halftime PSI was so much greater for the Patriot balls, which were presumably in the same temperature as the Colts balls.

You misunderstand. The Patriot balls weren't a half pound lower than the Colts balls at halftime.

The Patriot balls were 11.11 or 11.49 depending on the gauge. Starting at 12.5, as you indicated, that means they dropped by either 1.5 pounds or 1 pound approximately.

The Colts balls were 12.27 or 12.67 depending on the gauge. Starting at 13, as you indicated, that means the Colts dropped by either .7 or .3 pounds approximately.

Explain why the difference between starting PSI and halftime PSI was so much greater for the Patriot balls, which were presumably in the same temperature as the Colts balls.

I'll never understand the person who takes the time to post on other team's boards just to stir the pot.

Do you have a life?

Where were you when this was being discussed?

Did you see that a Federal Judge actually asked for "hard evidence" and the NFL stammered "There were texts."

Uh no. Go actually research what happened, and stop reading what ESPN feeds you. They planned to measure those balls before that game even started. The Ravens told the colts to do it, and it went all the way to Kensil. If you think for a second the colts just said, hey, golly, this ball feels funny, then you are really in the dark on things. So in all of the years of the patriots playing this ball felt odd, so they just decided to measure it? I mean can you use some common sense. this was the plan from right after the ravens game when Brady told the ravens coach to learn the playbook. Kensil was at the game, they had two different gauges, one that read lower than the other, the head ref was told what he remembered did not happen. YOu really need to look into this if you want to discuss it. That is the problem with fans, they want to use something to bash another team yet know zero about it.

Sure. They tested all 12 Patriot balls first ... indoors. The timing after that is unclear, but they may have even re-inflated all 12 Patriot balls before they touched Colt ball #1. This would have given the Colt balls plenty of time to heat up to room temperature, thus raising their average PSI.

Even Exponent admitted as much: (Link)

Of the Colts’ four tested balls, all had lost air pressure when compared to the 13.0 psi that Colts’ quarterback Andrew Luck preferred but not as much as the Patriots’ balls had. However, Exponent scientists noted that much – and possibly all – of that discrepancy could be explained by the fact the Colts’ balls were tested toward the end of halftime.

In any case, even you must agree that the science was completely botched during these halftime "experiments." Even if you believe that Brady engaged in a ball-deflation scheme, you can't possibly believe that the NFL proved it with that clusterf**k of a "procedure."

If you do, then you leave me no choice but to look down upon you as someone whose opinion ... or maybe even whose very existence ... just doesn't matter.

Uh no. Go actually research what happened, and stop reading what ESPN feeds you. They planned to measure those balls before that game even started. The Ravens told the colts to do it, and it went all the way to Kensil. If you think for a second the colts just said, hey, golly, this ball feels funny, then you are really in the dark on things. So in all of the years of the patriots playing this ball felt odd, so they just decided to measure it? I mean can you use some common sense. this was the plan from right after the ravens game when Brady told the ravens coach to learn the playbook. Kensil was at the game, they had two different gauges, one that read lower than the other, the head ref was told what he remembered did not happen. YOu really need to look into this if you want to discuss it. That is the problem with fans, they want to use something to bash another team yet know zero about it.
I love these canned responses you have about ESPN feeding me. I don't watch ESPN, I don't have ESPN. I have 243 pages of investigative summary and experimental data, that I'm reasonably certain you, among others, haven't bothered to read.

I did misunderstand you earlier, I thought you were trying to tell me the league officials intended all along to measure the balls at halftime, which isn't what happened. Yes, I'm aware the Colts suspected all along and wanted to have the balls measured, in part because of what the Ravens told them. I even referenced Grigson reporting their suspicions to the NFL the day before the game.

It's amazing to me that I'm referencing a 243 page document that I have read twice in its entirety, and you're telling me I need more research and more evidence, yet you're the same one telling me Manning definitively used HGH because some guy, who immediately recanted, told a news outlet that's going out of business. Somehow that's plenty of research and evidence.

Once again, could you even make a shallow attempt to live up to the expectations to which you hold other people?

Sure. They tested all 12 Patriot balls first ... indoors. The timing after that is unclear, but they may have even re-inflated all 12 Patriot balls before they touched Colt ball #1. This would have given the Colt balls plenty of time to heat up to room temperature, thus raising their average PSI.

Even Exponent admitted as much: (Link)

In any case, even you must agree that the science was completely botched during these halftime "experiments." Even if you believe that Brady engaged in a ball-deflation scheme, you can't possibly believe that the NFL proved it with that clusterf**k of a "procedure."

If you do, then you leave me no choice but to look down upon you as someone whose opinion ... or maybe even whose very existence ... just doesn't matter.
Again, I didn't come here to talk Deflategate, but no, it was not "proved" in the legal sense. There is a possibility that the discrepancy in air pressures may be explained by the delay in measuring the Colts balls, although I hope you recognize that is just a hypothesis, and is also not conclusively true.

The procedure was improvised due to the league not anticipating the need to check this sort of thing and there are too many variables to state absolutely and unequivocally that the balls were tampered with.

I do feel there is enough evidence to convict Brady and his 2 moron lackeys in the court of public opinion, especially given the culture of pushing boundaries in the Belichick Patriots, though I have the feeling that Bill may truly have been in the dark about this one.

I love these canned responses you have about ESPN feeding me. I don't watch ESPN, I don't have ESPN. I have 243 pages of investigative summary and experimental data, that I'm reasonably certain you, among others, haven't bothered to read. I did misunderstand you earlier, I thought you were trying to tell me the league officials intended all along to measure the balls at halftime, which isn't what happened. Yes, I'm aware the Colts suspected all along and wanted to have the balls measured, in part because of what the Ravens told them. I even referenced Grigson reporting their suspicions to the NFL the day before the game. It's amazing to me that I'm referencing a 243 page document that I have read twice in its entirety, and you're telling me I need more research and more evidence, yet you're the same one telling me Manning definitively used HGH because some guy, who immediately recanted, told a news outlet that's going out of business. Somehow that's plenty of research and evidence. Once again, could you even make a shallow attempt to live up to the expectations to which you hold other people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwxXsEltyas
#EndThread

I do feel there is enough evidence to convict Brady and his 2 moron lackeys in the court of public opinion

This is exactly why real courts have down-selection processes for their juries.

The "Court of Public Opinion" is generally populated by juries of "moron lackeys" whose viewpoints, again, simply do not matter. :coffee:

I do feel there is enough evidence to convict Brady and his 2 moron lackeys in the court of public opinion, especially given the culture of pushing boundaries in the Belichick Patriots, though I have the feeling that Bill may truly have been in the dark about this one.

Shaping public opinion is an easy enough job if you feed into the frustrated emotions of NFL fans who cannot understand why their own teams don't win 12 games a year, etc., etc.

"culture of pushing boundaries". Frigging beautiful way to put it. We were convicted of one (pointless, useless) thing and every time I hear somebody say something like that I am amazed at how nobody, but nobody can come up with a single, legitimate piece of evidence that we've done a damn thing, yet it is certainly a widespread belief.

The accusations filled a need. I went to the Salem Witch Museum this summer and heard a lecture on how innocent people were hung for a crime that seems tragically absurd in this day and age. The guide listed 3 conditions that had to exist for such a thing to occur and all I could think of was that it was a perfect parallel to Deflategate. It all fit. Our crops didn't grow/our team didn't win. Brady is a Witch....burn him.

You seem like an intelligent person and claim to have read the Wells Report twice. I have done the same (and more) and my belief is that if more people commenting on the subject actually DID read it then there would be far fewer people who would want to align themselves with that laughably inept piece of shit no matter how nicely it fits their need to explain away all the winning using "science".

If you'd ever like to learn more, then please don't hesitate to ask and I'll try to enlighten you, but, please......don't talk to anyone about squishy footballs. It is beneath you.

This is neat little paragraph that will get you off to a nice start:

This isn’t an organization as much as it is an elite professional football academy that spits out tough, smart, tunnel-visioned gym rats who march in lockstep behind their obsessive Hall of Fame coach and his driven Hall of Fame CEO quarterback.

I'm sorry your crops didn't grow. Now, wake the fvck up.

Shaping public opinion is an easy enough job if you feed into the frustrated emotions of NFL fans who cannot understand why their own teams don't win 12 games a year, etc., etc.

"culture of pushing boundaries". Frigging beautiful way to put it. We were convicted of one (pointless, useless) thing and every time I hear somebody say something like that I am amazed at how nobody, but nobody can come up with a single, legitimate piece of evidence that we've done a damn thing, yet it is certainly a widespread belief.

The accusations filled a need. I went to the Salem Witch Museum this summer and heard a lecture on how innocent people were hung for a crime that seems tragically absurd in this day and age. The guide listed 3 conditions that had to exist for such a thing to occur and all I could think of was that it was a perfect parallel to Deflategate. It all fit. Our crops didn't grow/our team didn't win. Brady is a Witch....burn him.

You seem like an intelligent person and claim to have read the Wells Report twice. I have done the same (and more) and my belief is that if more people commenting on the subject actually DID read it then there would be far fewer people who would want to align themselves with that laughably inept piece of shit no matter how nicely it fits their need to explain away all the winning using "science".

If you'd ever like to learn more, then please don't hesitate to ask and I'll try to enlighten you, but, please......don't talk to anyone about squishy footballs. It is beneath you.

This is neat little paragraph that will get you off to a nice start:

This isn’t an organization as much as it is an elite professional football academy that spits out tough, smart, tunnel-visioned gym rats who march in lockstep behind their obsessive Hall of Fame coach and his driven Hall of Fame CEO quarterback.

I'm sorry your crops didn't grow. Now, wake the fvck up.
This isn't a witch hunt, no matter how much you all want it to be one. Despite the flaws in the scientific data, unavoidable under the circumstances, and despite a single piece of evidence as damning as a "smoking gun", you're all glossing over the sum of the corroborating evidence. Unless you actual believe that someone uses the term deflating to mean weight loss, there is a mountain of implications in the text messages and Brady's refusal to turn over his phone. I'm not saying he's 100% guilty, but I'm very suspicious because the data, flawed as it may be, is supported by all of the other pieces, that while they also don't stand alone, create a bad image when placed together.

It's also amazing that you hold this high burden of proof only to Brady and the Patriots, but some crackpot tells a crackpot news agency that Manning used HGH and he's convicted in your minds immediately.

I also didn't come here to talk, squishy footballs, one of your own brought it up.

Back