The Fitness Thread

You two sound like my hubby lol. I walk18 holes, hike a lot always did, I use to run ( not in my best interest anymore...I’m a gimp now 😂) ski ( also not in my best interest) and keep up with any and all my grandkiddos. They keep me young. ( or so I believe lol.)

~Dee~
I have four illnesses so I exercise to keep sane. 🙂 Seriously, I exercise 5-6 days a week. On Mon-Frid for 2 hours in the early morning. It doesnt always feel good so I adjust. I know to some it might not be a lot but I listen to what my body tells me. When I don't I do feel I'm slipping and will take step back with my health.
Healthy fear, yup. 🤣🤣🤣

I have four illnesses so I exercise to keep sane. 🙂 Seriously, I exercise 5-6 days a week. On Mon-Frid for 2 hours in the early morning. It doesnt always feel good so I adjust. I know to some it might not be a lot but I listen to what my body tells me. When I don't I do feel I'm slipping and will take step back with my health.
Healthy fear, yup. 🤣🤣🤣
That really is my hubby he gets up every morning and does his routine and good for him lol. He never understood my interest in my interest in athletics still doesn’t lol.

~Dee~

Last edited:
That really is my hubby he gets up every morning and does his routine and good for him lol. He never understood my interest in my interest still doesn’t lol.

~Dee~
I do miss hiking and miss my row machine. I rocked both! But at this point gotta do what works with no damage and no painful aftermath. I have lost 6 lbs so am happy, that has been a bonus

Your hubby remark- 🤣

I do miss hiking and miss my row machine. I rocked both! But at this point gotta do what works with no damage and no painful aftermath. I have lost 6 lbs so am happy, that has been a bonus

Your hubby remark- 🤣
I miss rock climbing truth be told I taught my middle son and he still loves it. Skiing another although I do still ski just not as well as I wish. I taught all 4 kids and my eldest granddaughter how to ski but with my kids I could still really ski and my daughter at 2 was my greatest accomplishment she was a force to be reckoned with. I would ski the entire mountain backwards just to make sure she stayed in check... there was no stopping her she wanted nothing to do with the wedge... now its to cold for her lol.

~Dee~

I just reached my final milestone in preparation for my 15k. I logged 8.1 miles on tonight's run. I have no plans to run that distance again until the actual race. The transition from brick to pavement to gravel and back to pavement and brick again is just too much for these 46 year old knees. If tonight is any indication, that last mile is going to be murder.

I have no plans to run.... ever. Unless I'm being chased by an animal that can eat me, that I just don't have to be the slowest. Maybe the animal will be on a low fat diet also and I will be good.

I did walk my normal two miles in 40 minutes on my lunch break at work tonight. Makes 7.6 since Saturday I've walked.

I just reached my final milestone in preparation for my 15k. I logged 8.1 miles on tonight's run. I have no plans to run that distance again until the actual race. The transition from brick to pavement to gravel and back to pavement and brick again is just too much for these 46 year old knees. If tonight is any indication, that last mile is going to be murder.
Congrats! I hope you have perfect weather for running on race day.

My race strategy is always the same - I try to find a pretty girl that's a little bit faster than me and stay right behind her as long as I can.

It was nice weather here this morning so I decided to walk. Started out brisk but ended up breaking a sweat by mile 3. Ended up at almost 3.2.

Congrats! I hope you have perfect weather for running on race day.

My race strategy is always the same - I try to find a pretty girl that's a little bit faster than me and stay right behind her as long as I can.
Brilliant plan. :toast:

I have no plans to run.... ever. Unless I'm being chased by an animal that can eat me, that I just don't have to be the slowest. Maybe the animal will be on a low fat diet also and I will be good.

I did walk my normal two miles in 40 minutes on my lunch break at work tonight. Makes 7.6 since Saturday I've walked.
I really had no plans to ever run either then one day as I was struggling to breath while tying my shoes I decided that I had to do something. I started out walking and then slowly started sprinkling in some jogging. I don't think it will ever be fun for me but it burns the calories like crazy so I stick with it. I was going 5 days a week but cut that to 2 days and now lift 3 days a week. I would rather not have to do any of it but it's a necessity I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Talked myself out of walking yesterday, my daily minimum to walk to 2 miles so I walked four today. Ruined my perfect week on my watch though if closing all three rings.

. Ruined my perfect week on my watch though if closing all three rings.
best thing i've done besides tracking my calories better is getting a whoop tracker. not a watch but measures and tracks sleep, activities,etc. glancing at it while i work out really pushes me harder.

Talked myself out of walking yesterday, my daily minimum to walk to 2 miles so I walked four today. Ruined my perfect week on my watch though if closing all three rings.
I came dangerously close to skipping the gym this week. The last three days I have came down with horrible headaches in the afternoon. All three days I pushed through and went to the gym. I'll be damned if the workout didn't kill the headache. :shrug-n2:

Got to work early today and got things set up so I went out and walked for about 30 minutes. Ended up at 1.5 miles for that part. Then after lunch (salad and a banana), I walked another 1.5 miles. Since I ate junk the last four days and didn't walk yesterday, was making up for that.

Only walked .88 miles yesterday so I walked 3.6 earlier today. Probably do another 1.5 this evening.

I'm about two weeks out from the big race and couldn't figure out why all of the sudden I'm starting to have knee pain. I completely forgot but my shoes sync with my phone and it tracks everything. Turns out I'm at 776 miles on this pair of shoes. They said the cushioning typically starts to break down at 300-500 miles. :oops: I went ahead and ordered a new pair of the same model since I've had great luck with them. They should be here in time for me to get a couple break in runs before the race. 🤞

I'm about two weeks out from the big race and couldn't figure out why all of the sudden I'm starting to have knee pain. I completely forgot but my shoes sync with my phone and it tracks everything. Turns out I'm at 776 miles on this pair of shoes. They said the cushioning typically starts to break down at 300-500 miles. :oops: I went ahead and ordered a new pair of the same model since I've had great luck with them. They should be here in time for me to get a couple break in runs before the race. 🤞
Best of luck. Let us know how you do.

Reactions: Alk
Yes, a lot of us have learned that lesson the hard way, as you did.

It's smart to stay with a shoe that works for you.

Back