The Golf thread

Just saw that a Michigan man tied a world record with a 55. He shot a 25 on the front 9. Was that you?

Yes. Today in fact. I quit after the 5th hole though, LOL. So no, not me. Please post a link if you have it.

My younger son (22 years old) and I played today. The old man got him, this time by 3. That said, he is now using my driver as well as my irons. He hits my driver which is fitted to my size/swing (neutral bias, 9.5° loft, heel weighted with lead tape) 290+ yards. I hit a medium draw. He hits a fade with it 60 yards past me. Thank God he can't putt.

Yet.:oops:

Last edited:
Yes. Today in fact. I quit after the 5th hole though, LOL. So no, not me. Please post a link if you have it.

My younger son (22 years old) and I played today. The old man got him, this time by 3. That said, he is now using my driver as well as my irons. He hits my driver which is fitted to my size/swing (neutral bias, 9.5° loft, heel weighted with lead tape) 290+ yards. I hit a medium draw. He hits a fade with it 60 yards past me. Thank God he can't putt.

Yet.:oops:
It was one of stories that popped up under the Goggle search. It happened at Oak Ridge course in Michigan a day or so ago.

Looked it up. 55 is ridiculous on any course. The one in question is a 6000 yard 100 year old layout over on the west coast of Michigan in Muskegon. Interestingly, he probably doesn’t finish this round anywhere but the west coast of Michigan given the time of day (or actually night) that he played this round. According to the accounts I read, he was on the sixth hole at 9 PM. Michigan is in the eastern time zone and Muskegon is on the West Coast so it probably didn’t get dark until 10:30 or so.

Last edited:
There is an amateur in solo 4th place (-15) with 5 to play at the Travelers. :clap:

There is an amateur in solo 4th place (-15) with 5 to play at the Travelers. :clap:
It looks like that is where he will finish.
I just saw a professional golfer, the leader at the Travelers, completely miss the ball. I don't mean miss hit, he completely missed the ball, but the ball moved an inch. Remind me of me. :lol:
He double bogies the 18th and loses the championship, unreal.

Last edited:
I just saw a professional golfer, the leader at the Travelers, completely miss the ball. I don't mean miss hit, he completely missed the ball, but the ball moved an inch. Remind me of me. :lol:
Shouldn't feel too bad it's not like he's Jean Van de Velde.

Felt bad for him.

Went out and played 9 today because 70s in late June in Kansas is absolutely ridiculous. I really should have played 18 but you do what ya can. I was very happy with how I played. I was having my wife keep score because I had a sneaking suspicion that I might crack 50 today and didn't want that in my head while I was playing. I ended up with a 53 which I should have been ecstatic with but all of the sudden I have 50 in my head every time I play.

Went out and played 9 today because 70s in late June in Kansas is absolutely ridiculous. I really should have played 18 but you do what ya can. I was very happy with how I played. I was having my wife keep score because I had a sneaking suspicion that I might crack 50 today and didn't want that in my head while I was playing. I ended up with a 53 which I should have been ecstatic with but all of the sudden I have 50 in my head every time I play.
I wish today was 87 degrees felt like 90...

~Dee~

83° south east Michigan today. Perfect Output everybody was busy besides me. :oops:

Tomorrow has a high of only 70° which is weird but it's a workday so won't be golfing.

Sample of what is in above golf article…

hogle-2.jpg

There was a time when the LPGA was dominated by Koreans. Now there are quite a few top American golfers who are very good and attractive.

Back