The Golf thread

Scottish Open continues today. Several of the highest ranking players did not make the cut.
"The trouble with Scotland is its full of Scots" Longshanks

Well, my game has officially gone back into the crapper. Not throwing in the towel though. I'm going out with some friends tomorrow to play a much tougher course. I'll be packing extra balls. 🤣

Played Boulder Pointe in Oxford MI yesterday. Great track (3 - 9's). I have played there 5-6 times for outings but never on my own ball. Got my ass kicked. 1 realistic birdie putt all day that I missed. Course has 7 holes on the other side of a 4 lane road that are accessed via a 100 yard long tunnel. Creepy and a little claustrophobic. The opening leaves only about 8 inches all around and there is only room for one way traffic. There is an opening on the side at its lowest point for carts to pull aside to let someone pass the other way. You are greeted with a very hard 3 par as a reward for making it under. My buddy was freaking out at the bottom.

Played Boulder Pointe in Oxford MI yesterday. Great track (3 - 9's). I have played there 5-6 times for outings but never on my own ball. Got my ass kicked. 1 realistic birdie putt all day that I missed. Course has 7 holes on the other side of a 4 lane road that are accessed via a 100 yard long tunnel. Creepy and a little claustrophobic. The opening leaves only about 8 inches all around and there is only room for one way traffic. There is an opening on the side at its lowest point for carts to pull aside to let someone pass the other way. You are greeted with a very hard 3 par as a reward for making it under. My buddy was freaking out at the bottom.
The course that I play the most has a tunnel under a highway to get to 7 holes on the back 9. Then you have to go back through the tunnel to play then 18th which is right next to the highway. Always some one driving by giving the horn as you play the 18th.

This was the most golf I had played in a weekend in my entire life. We started out on Friday at the local course. I had a friend from out of town visiting so we went and played the local course. I was absolutely awful. I shot a 62 on the front nine. Despite that I was having a great time. After 9 we all agreed that we should try to get 18 in. We made it 16 holes before it was too dark to see the ball. I was better on the back but have absolutely no idea what I shot. Then on Sunday I went with three friends and played a much tougher but much nicer course. I did great by my standards. I managed two pars and had some other pretty incredible shots. Still ended up with a 113 but that was far better than Friday. After we wrapped up 18 we decided that we were having too much fun for it to end and stopped back at our local course for another 9 where it finally happened. I shot a 50!! I had jokingly said on the way to the course that if I shot a 50 on the front that we had to play another 9 after that but one my friends was running on absolute fumes so we called it a day. This was a great warmup for me for next weekend. I'm playing in a member/guest tournament where we will be playing 27 holes.

This week is the British Open at St. ANDREWS. I know that they changed the name to The Open Championship. But it's still the British Open.

Scottish Open continues today. Several of the highest ranking players did not make the cut.
"The trouble with Scotland is its full of Scots" Longshanks

Ahem

British scum.

Dinnae lump us in with that lot down South

This week is the British Open at St. ANDREWS. I know that they changed the name to The Open Championship. But it's still the British Open.

It's been The Open Championship since 1860

Tiger is set to tee off at 9:59 our time on the east coast. I should be back from my round to watch his back 9.

Tiger finished +9 and will not make the cut. However, the reception that he received at the 18th, you would have thought that he was the leader.

Back