The Golf thread

And this reality is unreal!

Made a tee time for tomorrow. First time out since I injured my ankle and knee a month ago. I hope that my reality is that I can make it through 9, without a problem. I don't care what my score will be.

In all the rounds that I've played over the years the closest I've came to a hole in one was 3 inches. And I've never played with anyone who has made a hole in one.
My brother in law has had 2 and I know many people, including myself, who are better golfers than he is.

I went out and played 9 yesterday in the brutal heat. I had been itching to play since there were so many things I had been wanting to try. I told myself that if I had a legitimate chance at breaking 100 that I would play the back 9. I struggled quite a bit. Then I got to the ninth hole which has always been my nemesis. I absolutely crushed (by my standards) my drive into the fairway. My second shot was my 5 wood which I have been struggling with. To my surprise I hit that thing further than I ever have to put myself within chipping distance. I had a pretty shitty chip but it still put me right in the fringe for a birdie attempt. I got it about a foot from the hole and took my first par on that hole but finished with a 55. I was really tempted to keep playing because I felt like I turned a corner but stuck to the plan and went home. 😂

Last edited:
I went out and played 9: yesterday in the brutal heat. I had been itching to play since there were so many things I had been wanting to try. I told myself that if I had a legitimate chance at breaking 100 that I would play the back 9. I struggled quite a bit. Then I got to the ninth hole which has always been my nemesis. I absolutely crushed (by my standards) my drive into the fairway. My second shot was my 5 wood which I have been struggling with. To my surprise I hit that thing further than I ever have to put myself within chipping distance. I had a pretty shitty chip but it still out me right in the fringe for a birdie attempt. I got it about a foot from the hole and took my first par on that hole but finished with a 55. I was really tempted to keep playing because I felt like I turned a corner but stuck to the plan and went home. 😂
Now you’re a guy I like to play with, but we would be playing the back nine. But first we have to pound a few at The 19th hole.

• Haha
Reactions: Alk
Also is it me that Hotdogs and beer tastes better after nine holes than before you hit the first hole?

In all the rounds that I've played over the years the closest I've came to a hole in one was 3 inches. And I've never played with anyone who has made a hole in one.
My brother in law has had 2 and I know many people, including myself, who are better golfers than he is.

I don't have one either. Had one peaking at a Detroit fireman's outing 20 years ago. I have watched 3. Two as a caddy and one as a playing partner. They guy skulled his tee shot and it was never more 3 feet off the ground. It was also never off line either. I do have a double eagle that I didn't see go in the hole. The people I hit into (accidentally) saw it. They were none too happy either. Kinda schmucks. I was at least 325 out (so far I didn't consider hitting anything else so it must have hit a sprinkler head or yardage marker. I have never been able to hit a 3 metal that far before or since.

I don't have one either. Had one peaking at a Detroit fireman's outing 20 years ago. I have watched 3. Two as a caddy and one as a playing partner. They guy skulled his tee shot and it was never more 3 feet off the ground. It was also never off line either. I do have a double eagle that I didn't see go in the hole. The people I hit into (accidentally) saw it. They were none too happy either. Kinda schmucks. I was at least 325 out (so far I didn't consider hitting anything else so it must have hit a sprinkler head or yardage marker. I have never been able to hit a 3 metal that far before or since.
It sucks to have an eagle that you don't see go in, or even a birdie. One time on a par 5 I hit my 3rd downhill blind from about 140. I knew that I had a good line and felt it should be on or close to the green. When we got down to the green, I couldn't find my ball. There was a guy working on a bunker and I asked him if he saw my ball come down. He said " nope but did you check the hole". I laughed and said, " ya, sure". But when I looked, sure enough it was in the hole.

Holy shit man, 325 for a double eagle!!! I assume that you told those guys the distance and it was your 2nd shot.They belong in the asshole hall of fame if they didn't congratulate you.

325 yard 3 iron? they'd never beelieve that with out my little vid of you on the 1st tee.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WaQQMhzxEN4

Cheers

Same for me about 3 inches. Are we talking about how far we are from the hole? I hope so. No seriously it was a golf course in Agawam Massachusetts and it was like an elevated 135 yard par three. I hit a nine iron a country mile in the air and it landed right next to the hole and never moved. Put a dent right in the green. 😂 I was a young teen.

Last edited:
It sucks to have an eagle that you don't see go in, or even a birdie. One time on a par 5 I hit my 3rd downhill blind from about 140. I knew that I had a good line and felt it should be on or close to the green. When we got down to the green, I couldn't find my ball. There was a guy working on a bunker and I asked him if he saw my ball come down. He said " nope but did you check the hole". I laughed and said, " ya, sure". But when I looked, sure enough it was in the hole.

Holy shit man, 325 for a double eagle!!! I assume that you told those guys the distance and it was your 2nd shot.They belong in the asshole hall of fame if they didn't congratulate you.
They knew it was a stupid lucky shot as they couldn’t see us either. Dog leg hole. They were on the next tee and told us it went in and asked what our rush was. I told them I didn’t think I could could reach. That was it. No congrats or anything.

Last edited:
Rickie Fowler shot a 9 on the par 4 18th yesterday. I can do that and I don't have a PGA card.
I use to attest for a pro am tournament we held annually and that happens more often then you think lol.

~Dee~

Rickie Fowler shot a 9 on the par 4 18th yesterday. I can do that and I don't have a PGA card.
Can’t say I haven’t done that many times.
golfed the other day and it was my chipping\short game that did me in. Only three putted twice in 18 holes, other wise, mostly 2 putted. Driving and mid range was decent (for me anyway). I would need to chip up and either blow it way over the other side of the green, or hit it correctly but come up way short. By correctly I mean it would pop up and go straight just not nearly far enough. Probably had two chips I was happy with

Back