The Golf thread

The Golf Gods are extremely fickle. A few weeks ago I show the best round of my life, the three rounds since, you’d think I’ve never hit a ball in my life 🤬🤬
Thats the mental aspect of the game when you play with nothing to gain you’ll play a lot better. So after your career round you mentally expected to continue to play and put pressure on yourself. Go out with nothing to gain or lose attitude you’ll play better IMHO.....It works for me as well as my hubby whose a head case. Relax go out and enjoy.

Ill be playing later to day weather depending.....

~Dee~

Last edited:
Don’t hook the ball into the pond.

Damn it feels like I’m gonna hook this.

I should back away and reset. Do it.

Nah, I can re-grip. That’s better.

Back swing…. Gonna HOOK IT!!!

Splash.

Last edited:
Thats the mental aspect of the game when you play with nothing to gain you’ll play a lot better. So after your career you mentally expected to continue to play and put pressure on yourself. Go out with nothing to gain or lose attitude you’ll play better IMHO.....It works for me as well as my hubby whose a head case. Relax go out and enjoy.

Ill be playing later to day weather depending.....

~Dee~
But I want to dominate lol. 🏌️‍♂️

But I want to dominate lol. 🏌️‍♂️
You will trust me my Father-in law use to get so upset because If I took golf more seriously Id be fantastic, I never took his advice I play pretty well for an old lady lol 😂 You will dominate grasshopper!

~Dee~

I haven’t played in decades, but I once lived in Stow and would play the North and South Stow Acres courses a few times a year. Also played Trull Brook in Tewksbury quite a bit.

I've been trying to figure out exactly what Danny needs to make it to Brookline and all I figure out is that his chance comes on June 6th, but I don't know where. There is a
chance that I might get tickets to the Open, so I'd love to see him there.

One of the more underrated, hard-working Patriots of recent years.

Does anybody remember the hilarious clip on Youtube of the UK announcer who didn't understand anything about NFL football doing a voiceover of a Pats game? He kept
calling Woodhead "Wee Danny" and I've called him that ever since, but I couldn't find it this morning.

I love the game of golf and played both Sunday and Monday in perfect weather. I plan to be a little more serious about playing better this season and have a new set of custom sticks
on order. My goal is to break 80 this year but the putts are going to have to start dropping better than they are. Tee to green l'm getting there.

As an aside, my brother was contacted by one of his fans who is a member of The Country Club and they've played together there a number of times. Last fall Jerry called me
and asked if I'd be interested in joining them and I immediately said yes. Then, the member had to cancel for some reason and I figured there goes my chance. I plan to stay
ready and hope that phone rings again, but I won't be holding my breath.
Go Danny

... but everybody hits it sideways sometimes. Shooting mid-90s on a course I've never played isn't an embarrassment.

Don’t hook the bal into the pond.

Splash.
Water is off to my right. And my slice has never been known to fail me.

Splash!

I play a lot at The Outlook in S Berwick ME. It is a tough course but also playable. We get a lot of people from the North Shore of MA who can get there in an hour.

Well we got canceled rain and thunderstorms so I’m back home lol.... Next weekend is a girls golf weekend in our NH retreat 60 th bday party and golf weekend lol...can’t wait. We were looking forward to our annual Kingswood course in Wolfeboro NH plus a couple others but our Pro hooked us up with a beautiful private course, very excited....

~Dee~

I haven’t played in decades, but I once lived in Stow and would play the North and South Stow Acres courses a few times a year. Also played Trull Brook in Tewksbury quite a bit.
I played Trull a ton growing up in Lowell. Hated that first hole 90 degree dog leg though.. Nice views of the Merrimack. Shit, it has been 30 years... It is still there or fall prey to developers?

I played Trull a ton growing up in Lowell. Hated that first hole 90 degree dog leg though.. Nice views of the Merrimack. Shit, it has been 30 years... It is still there or fall prey to developers?
I have no idea - it's been that long for me, too. I was last in Lowell for a Pat Benatar concert about four years ago.

I remember once at Trull that I reached the green in two on their first par 5 - a long, downhill hole. Missed the eagle putt, though. Only chance I ever had for an eagle.

I have no idea - it's been that long for me, too. I was last in Lowell for a Pat Benatar concert about four years ago.

I remember once at Trull that I reached the green in two on their first par 5 - a long, downhill hole. Missed the eagle putt, though. Only chance I ever had for an eagle.
Along the the far left side of the course. Ah, yes.

Don’t hook the ball into the pond.

Splash.

The thing about golf is that nobody is swinging a club at you while you're trying to do your thing. You are basically trying to be
be the best you can while your inner doubter throws all kinds of crap at you right in the middle of your backswing.

Shutting down the voices is the hardest thing and the even the best players in the world all hear them now and again. Justin Thomas
shanked one on his great final round to take the PGA championship last week. The Golfers 200 years ago playing with hickory shafts and
feather-stuffed balls heard them the exact same way we do today.

About 10 years ago I bombed a drive on the par 5 18th at my local course. Killed it. It stopped just short of a lateral hazard choked with reeds and I knew I
could get on the green with a solid 4 iron. Perfect lie, perfect wind. So, then the banshees started whispering in my ear that I was kidding myself and I better
load up on the shot, so I put a death grip on and topped it barely 30 feet and right into the frogwater. My Eagle fantasy disappeared along with the ball. I was
now hitting my 4th.

I then snapped and went completely apeshit and broke my golf bag and my 4, 5 and 7 irons with one tomahawk swing. I was so pissed that I was seeing
stars and my head was spinning. I decided that shit had to stop then and there or I was going to stroke out from pure frustration.

Since then, I've tried to practice the zen of not giving a shit and it seems to be working better for me. I now look forward to the most uncomfortable situations
possible because that's a chance for me to prove that I won't cave in mentally like I once did like clockwork. Act like a tempermental ass.

I think I get a lot out of this stupid game.

The thing about golf is that nobody is swinging a club at you while you're trying to do your thing. You are basically trying to be
be the best you can while your inner doubter throws all kinds of crap at you right in the middle of your backswing.

Shutting down the voices is the hardest thing and the even the best players in the world all hear them now and again. Justin Thomas
shanked one on his great final round to take the PGA championship last week. The Golfers 200 years ago playing with hickory shafts and
feather-stuffed balls heard them the exact same way we do today.

About 10 years ago I bombed a drive on the par 5 18th at my local course. Killed it. It stopped just short of a lateral hazard choked with reeds and I knew I
could get on the green with a solid 4 iron. Perfect lie, perfect wind. So, then the banshees started whispering in my ear that I was kidding myself and I better
load up on the shot, so I put a death grip on and topped it barely 30 feet and right into the frogwater. My Eagle fantasy disappeared along with the ball. I was
now hitting my 4th.

I then snapped and went completely apeshit and broke my golf bag and my 4, 5 and 7 irons with one tomahawk swing. I was so pissed that I was seeing
stars and my head was spinning. I decided that shit had to stop then and there or I was going to stroke out from pure frustration.

Since then, I've tried to practice the zen of not giving a shit and it seems to be working better for me. I now look forward to the most uncomfortable situations
possible because that's a chance for me to prove that I won't cave in mentally like I once did like clockwork. Act like a tempermental ass.

I think I get a lot out of this stupid game.
I caddied at Bass rocks in Gloucester from age 12 through High school (btw, what a great summer job for a kid!). Got to see a good number of apeshit displays. :rofl: I lived for those moments.

Cheers

I caddied at Bass rocks in Gloucester from age 12 through High school (btw, what a great summer job for a kid!). Got to see a good number of apeshit displays. :rofl: I lived for those moments.

Cheers
I caddied at Mt. Pleasant in Lowell for a couple of seasons. Great job. Showed me what (I thought) the rich did and it motivated me. Did I see a club or two helicopter away from a tee box? Oh yes.

According to golf magazine only 25% of all amateur golfers break 100 on a consistent basis.

Back