The Golf thread

It was just reported that LIV is going to PAY FOX Sports 1, to televise their events.
This is not even the broadcast Fox network that has the NFL and other programming including some PGA tournaments. They pay the PGA for those tournaments.
Fox Sports 1 is only available on cable.

It was just reported that LIV is going to PAY FOX Sports 1, to televise their events.
This is not even the broadcast Fox network that has the NFL and other programming including some PGA tournaments. They pay the PGA for those tournaments.
Fox Sports 1 is only available on cable.

I can't wait for the Saudis to drop the shark like a hot rock at some point. He has bamboozled them and the money outflow is huge.

If t hey are paying Fox1 here they are paying other networks around the world as well.

__d824d28d420dadf8d22d70b6cb83a2d3_width-600.jpeg

Had a great day today playing in a scramble tournament to benefit Veteran services. It was a sold out event. The agency that I'm part of was one of the sponsors. My team didn't finish last but it didn't matter. We had a great time playing, sometimes seriously, and sometime busting each others balls.:)

We have a nice stretch of weather coming up. My back is killing me. Hoping a chirpracter can work a miracle at 11am today. Haven't been to one in 25 years but something needs to happen that is different. I want to get a couple more rounds in B4 winter...

We have a nice stretch of weather coming up. My back is killing me. Hoping a chirpracter can work a miracle at 11am today. Haven't been to one in 25 years but something needs to happen that is different. I want to get a couple more rounds in B4 winter...
'scuso, spelling nazi approaching. What's a chirp racter?

Cheers,

Last edited:
Good luck hubby uses one and I got him a tens machines as well. Im not allowed to use a chiropractor but thats a whole other story.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Did it work for you?

So far, I would say yes. Not 100% relief, but more than I anticipated. I slept better last night than I have for 10 days.

I have avoided chiropractors for 25 years based on an experience I had with one where I came away from the initial visit feeling like the treatment plan was based solely on what our health insurance would pay. I really didn't like that and never went back. This current issue with my back is the second time it has happened. The first time I went the traditional route of 4 months of rehabilitation. Eventually it went away. When it cropped up this time I wanted to try something else so I reached out to a friend here locally that I know has suffered through multiple back surgeries and he recommended this doctor. He said, "He will do x-rays and isolate where the issue is and go to work. He’s not a fucking quack. He is literally keeping me away from my next surgery." (that is copied directly from the text message).

I went in yesterday and he said almost immediately that this was something he could solve in 1-3 visits total. Spasms due to rib head/spine issue and that everything else was in alignment which apparently he doesn't see that often. 20 mins on the adjustment table (not real fun for me) and another 8 on an ice table with a rolling padded pin under my back and I walked out feeling quite a bit better. He warned me that due to the spams for so long I would have some residual pain as the muscles loosened up because they spent so long balled up. He was right but still far less that than prior to the treatment.

He just called as I was typing his to check on me. Nice. I am going back in tomorrow and he thinks we should be good after that. We will see.

Here is the main question? Could I swing a club 85 times today? To be honest, I might be able to but I am scared to try (for real). I love to golf but I hate this back pain more. Let's see how I feel after treatment #2 tomorrow.

Thanks you for asking and sorry for the overly long response.

Just read a story that made me feel good about my game. A professional p,aging in PGA qualifying tournament shot a 69. That's 69 for 9 holes before withdrawing from the tournament.
He scored a 12 on one hole and a 17 on another mixed in with a few 6s and 7s. He did get a birdie 2 on a par 3.:)

So far, I would say yes. Not 100% relief, but more than I anticipated. I slept better last night than I have for 10 days.

I have avoided chiropractors for 25 years based on an experience I had with one where I came away from the initial visit feeling like the treatment plan was based solely on what our health insurance would pay. I really didn't like that and never went back. This current issue with my back is the second time it has happened. The first time I went the traditional route of 4 months of rehabilitation. Eventually it went away. When it cropped up this time I wanted to try something else so I reached out to a friend here locally that I know has suffered through multiple back surgeries and he recommended this doctor. He said, "He will do x-rays and isolate where the issue is and go to work. He’s not a fucking quack. He is literally keeping me away from my next surgery." (that is copied directly from the text message).

I went in yesterday and he said almost immediately that this was something he could solve in 1-3 visits total. Spasms due to rib head/spine issue and that everything else was in alignment which apparently he doesn't see that often. 20 mins on the adjustment table (not real fun for me) and another 8 on an ice table with a rolling padded pin under my back and I walked out feeling quite a bit better. He warned me that due to the spams for so long I would have some residual pain as the muscles loosened up because they spent so long balled up. He was right but still far less that than prior to the treatment.

He just called as I was typing his to check on me. Nice. I am going back in tomorrow and he thinks we should be good after that. We will see.

Here is the main question? Could I swing a club 85 times today? To be honest, I might be able to but I am scared to try (for real). I love to golf but I hate this back pain more. Let's see how I feel after treatment #2 tomorrow.

Thanks you for asking and sorry for the overly long response.
Get a tens machine not going to lie.... you won’t regret it

~Dee

Good luck hubby uses one and I got him a tens machines as well. Im not allowed to use a chiropractor but thats a whole other story.

~Dee~
I tried one once but he just rubbed me the wrong way. :spock:

Cheers

Get a tens machine not going to lie.... you won’t regret it

~Dee
I used a tens machine for quite a while. My back was in such bad shape that the tens did mitigate some of the pain but certainly not all.
It's worth a try just to see if it helps. There can be various cause of back pain, unless you know the cause, it will be hard to know if the tens unit will help. I view chiropractor as a form of physical therapy, and sometimes it does a better and quicker job than PT.

Last edited:
Update:

The chiropractor suggested I see my PCP. Rare I bet, but after the first visit he was unable to make progress. A week on steroids really loosened things up but that faded back to pain/spasms when the prescription ended. Now waiting on approval for the MRI to see just WTF is going on. Half of a muscle relaxant at bedtime gets me through 4:30-ish. That approval better come today.

Update:

The chiropractor suggested I see my PCP. Rare I bet, but after the first visit he was unable to make progress. A week on steroids really loosened things up but that faded back to pain/spasms when the prescription ended. Now waiting on approval for the MRI to see just WTF is going on. Half of a muscle relaxant at bedtime gets me through 4:30-ish. That approval better come today.
You went to a good chiropractor. Very rarely do they tell you to go elsewhere unless your bone is sticking out of the skin.
Have you tried moist heat?

Back