The Golf thread

Today and tomorrow is the PNC father and son mom and son or daughter and dad tourney. Forgot about it because of losing cable and internet for 20 hours and football.

Today and tomorrow is the PNC father and son mom and son or daughter and dad tourney. Forgot about it because of losing cable and internet for 20 hours and football.
We always do parent offspring ....I’ve won with our son and lol hubby won with our daughter ... I taught her how to play lol... she was very athletic she was a gymnast so she always thought outside the box.

~Dee~

With Winter here and a few months of sporadic, at best, golf ahead, I figured that it's not such a bad idea to share swing tips to think about and
practice so that we can get off to a fast start.

Note that the golfer in the demo keeps her legs stable and pays careful attention to ball position as she moves through the shot. Great form.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/CilJa-sCO3s?feature=share

With Winter here and a few months of sporadic, at best, golf ahead, I figured that it's not such a bad idea to share swing tips to think about and

Note that the golfer in the demo keeps her legs stable and pays careful attention to ball position as she moves through the shot. Great form.

I picked up a couple of pointers that I'd like to use
watching that vid

Last edited:

Back when I first moved to Michigan from Lowell, I had company season tickets for the Red Wings. The company had had them for 25 years at that point (31 years ago) and due to the long time relationship, (through the Dead Wing years) we were invited to several Red Wings golf outings that were for charity. Very private and attended by many players believe it or not. You could never do it now, but there were many women dressed like that, or even less taken care of the golfers throughout the course, and while I never partook (honestly, I didn’t, and wouldn’t) if your mind went someplace when I said, “taking care of the players“ that was definitely happening in certain areas towards the back of the course. But it was fun and they were entertaining and would bring you whatever you wanted for food or drinks. I still have an aluminum Shanahan stick with nine signatures on it that I bought at the second outing I went to. There were only 10 tickets and they were $100 apiece. (doesn’t seem like much now, but it was a lot then) and I bought all that was left which was nine. I sweated it out until they got to that particular item, thinking I was gonna lose after throwing $900 at it. It hangs in my bar amongst mostly Bruins, Red Sox, and patriots gear.

10 years or so ago, video leaked out to one of the local television stations, and it blew up into a significant issue and anything like that stopped or became even more private past where my company was invited.

Last edited:
Back when I first moved to Michigan from Lowell, I had company season tickets for the Red Wings. The company had had them for 25 years at that point (31 years ago) and due to the long time relationship, through the Dead Wing years) we were invited to several Red Wings golf outings that were for charity. Very private and attended by many players believe it or not. You could never do it now, but there were many women dressed like that, or even less taken care of the golfers throughout the course, and while I never partook (honestly, I didn’t, and wouldn’t) if your mind went someplace when I said, “taking care of the players“ that was definitely happening in certain areas towards the back of the course. But it was fun and they were entertaining and would bring you whatever you wanted for food or drinks. I still have an aluminum Shanahan stick with nine signatures on it that I bought at the second outing I went to. There were only 10 tickets and they were $100 apiece. (doesn’t seem like much now, but it was a lot then) and I bought all that was left which was nine. I sweated it out until they got to that particular item, thinking I was gonna lose after throwing $900 at it. It hangs in my bar amongst mostly Bruins, Red Sox, and patriots gear.

10 years or so ago, video leaked out to one of the local television stations, and it blew up into a significant issue and anything like that stopped or became even more private past where my company was invited.

I've never been involved with anything like that, but one of my brothers, not Jerry, went to an annual tournament put on by Centerfolds strip club a couple of times.

Most of the dancers in attendance had never been on a golf course before, but the helpful golfers explained, for instance, that they should sit on the green behind the cup and
spread their legs in order to help line up putts. And that is exactly what happened along with a laundry list of other stuff. Then, it was back to the club for the post-round
festivities after six-plus hours of drinking. One of my brothers friends introduced himself to his foursome's celebrity stripper with "Nice to meet you. I'll tell you right up front that I
have plenty of cash and I'm not particularly bright" which was
exactly what she wanted to hear.

On a semi-related note, I came up with the theory that whenever you see a female on a golf course, her rating on the time-honored 10-point scale gets boosted up by two full points, so I'm
not claiming to be perfect.

I've never been involved with anything like that, but one of my brothers, not Jerry, went to an annual tournament put on by Centerfolds strip club a couple of times.

Most of the dancers in attendance had never been on a golf course before, but the helpful golfers explained, for instance, that they should sit on the green behind the cup and
spread their legs in order to help line up putts. And that is exactly what happened along with a laundry list of other stuff. Then, it was back to the club for the post-round
festivities after six-plus hours of drinking. One of my brothers friends introduced himself to his foursome's celebrity stripper with "Nice to meet you. I'll tell you right up front that I

On a semi-related note, I came up with the theory that whenever you see a female on a golf course, her rating on the time-honored 10-point scale gets boosted up by two full points, so I'm

WRT your second paragraph, all that stuff happened. I avoided calling them strippers but I am sure some were. You could just tell. None of them would take any tips so someone, unbeknownst to us, was taking really good care of them just to be there. Interestingly, there were also "representatives" from the local beer and alcohol distributers. I distinctly remember Miller Genuine Draft girls and others from Bacardi. They were almost as nuts as the others, but not quite.

WRT your theory, you are correct. And the further away you spot them the higher the score gets boosted. The mind sees what it wants to see.

I am officially pre-begging for forgiveness for the last paragraph. 🤣🙄😳

how in The Wide Wide World Of Sports can she swing the club wearing them things hangin' in the way?

mine bothered me to no end when I played :cool:

:hello:

Watching the Phoenix Open, one of the fun events of the entire PGA tour.
All the big names are playing this week. I think they said that they expect the crowd to be 300,000 over the 4 days. The 16th hole is like no other on tour.

Today starts the Genesis Open. This is the same tournament that Tiger had his God awful car accident 2 years ago.
Today Tiger is playing in the tournament with a tee time of about 3PM.

Not exactly golf weather for me which is good. A guy I know golfs constantly no matter how cold it is. He's always trying to get me to go and I'm like dude, I need an offseason from this game. Of course me and some guys will still go out occasionally and play a round of Golden Tee at a bar. We tried going to Top Golf last weekend but that place is absolutely bonkers and is booked like a week in advance. We just had a golf simulator place open up so we might go give that a shot.

I just had an ad pop up on my Facebook feed for some new Puma spikeless golf shoes. I really like how they look and my wife gave me the go ahead to get a pair. I think I'll go try them on first if I can find some locally.

Back