The Golf thread

Massive news. LIV Golf and the PGA Tour are merging!

View: https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1666087572878274569?s=20

oo...oo...goodie!!

The White Rich Guy Hypocrites (PGA Tour) and The Sunni Muslim Rich Guy Hypocrites (LIV Tour) finally agree to both be "for profit" and not pay for The Rich Guy Lawyer Hypocrites any more

Protect The Legacy Shield of Golf Traditions!! YAAAAAYY!!

what's next? make Roger Goodell the new League Commissioner?

makes ya sick :harumph:

Can it be called anything other then the PGA? (PGA+ PGA+++ ) ?
Maybe the bigger $ prizes that PGA ponied up is more appealing now to LIV guys? I believe the last couple of tourney's the winner got 3.5mil or more and 2nd place was 2 mil or 1.6mil. not a bad weekends work I personally haven't watched an LIV tourney's and wonder if that's also weighing on things 🤷

So, yesterday afternoon I played in my regular Monday league.

I had mentioned here that one of my longtime golf partners is an older guy who now has to carry oxygen with him due to COPD and I've been driving him to
help him and keep an eye on him, which I will be happy to do as long as he wants to keep gutting it out.

As an aside, I prefer to walk and believe I play better when I do. So far this year I've played poorly compared to what I expect, but yesterday my buddy
decided it was too chilly for him so I was able to walk the nine holes with another guy who always walks. The course didn't have any pull carts and I don't
own one, so I had to carry my bag.

Walking and carrying has some good points. You can walk directly to your ball, which is nice, but carrying a bag can sometimes screw your back
up and can make your feet sore, but the main thing I was concerned about was simply finding my swing which has been annoyingly elusive for the first month of
the season. I was curious to see if my game would benefit from doing something different because I felt it couldn't get much worse.

I top-spun my first drive on a long par 4 into some cattails right in front of the tee box and was off to a terrible start with a lost ball, but was able to just take a deep breath and let it go. The next one was a long, high and beautiful draw right down the fairway and I felt the tumblers click back into place. A basic fundamental that I had somehow forgotten. Your lead hand should control the club and the trailing hand just comes along for the ride. 85% left and 15% right, which is how I view the ratio. Simple as that. I parred the last two holes with 9 consecutive controlled, solid shots to finish a pretty good round 3 over quota and in the money. The ball was jumping off every club with surprising ease and good control. I wasn't Scottie Sheffler, but I was me again.

The moral of this story is that if you're struggling and feeling a lot of doubt and discomfort swinging the club, just keep looking for that one adjustment that'll get you squared away.

It can feel like ten different things when you're in the mental torture chamber, but sometimes it's just one little thing and all of a sudden you're comfortable like the flick of a switch. The beers
tasted extra good afterwards and I feel re-energized and looking forward. This is the year I break 80. That's my goal. I've been close, but never done it.

oo...oo...goodie!!

The White Rich Guy Hypocrites (PGA Tour) and The Sunni Muslim Rich Guy Hypocrites (LIV Tour) finally agree to both be "for profit" and not pay for The Rich Guy Lawyer Hypocrites any more

Protect The Legacy Shield of Golf Traditions!! YAAAAAYY!!

what's next? make Roger Goodell the new League Commissioner?

makes ya sick :harumph:
The Maine translation of the above is that the PGA and LIV have merged.
This is like LL Bean and Cabala's merging and altering the Bean boot to a hybrid of both.

Or like Ken's selling Mike's fried clams and Mike's selling Kens lobster rolls.
I just don't understand how this is all going to work.

Now off for my tee time. I hope that the golf course haven't merged

Sounds like PGA players aren’t happy about this. They were talking to one player (maybe Justin Rose) who seem to indicate this came out suddenly as someone was about to leak it and they weren’t really ready to announce the merger but had too
this weekends PGA tournament will be interesting. Think it is RBC Open in Canada and Rory is defending champ (but not playing so,hot as of late). Talk of the merger will dominate and Rory was a big defender of PGA. They better slip him a few millions or something

Many PGA players are pissed and feel betrayed. No one was consulted about this deal, not even Tiger or Rory, who are looked at as player leaders.

Pretty woeful from Monahan isn't it. He even had the nerve to bring the 9/11 families unto this spat. Those families are quite rightly now going, wtf?? The players are fuming.

Pretty woeful from Monahan isn't it. He even had the nerve to bring the 9/11 families unto this spat. Those families are quite rightly now going, wtf?? The players are fuming.
Hard to see how Monahan survives this debacle. There were a hundred better ways handle this merger in the press and with the players.

It appears he panicked when there was a leak.

TTIUWP!!!

Please?
b5cf6374-83e7-4909-ad6d-2aefcee7e62a.ab75596bcba2cd9551af4ba5321b3150.jpeg

This is the the baby. It's light, and it comes with back straps for carrying while walking. Enough room for all your clubs and plenty of compartments for everything that need.
My wife bought it for me as an early surprise Fathers Day gift. I think that she ordered it through Amazon.
Clipped on my Patriots golf towel for added effect.:)

Last edited:
I just bought a push cart from Amazon and used it today for the first time. The Caddytek 4 wheeler.

It made walking 18 on a hilly course much easier because it weighs a little over 13 pounds and it rolled almost
effortlessly. I also liked having an adjustable handle with all the stuff I need right at my fingertips, like a cellphone holder,
card and pencil holder along with a small bag and zippered cooler, plus a bunch of other practical stuff. It was sturdy and
comfortable. By far the best pull/push cart I've ever used. It wasn't cheap, but I had some gift cards to burn and I'm pleased with it.

It easily folds in seconds into a compact rectangle, too.

golf.jpg

b5cf6374-83e7-4909-ad6d-2aefcee7e62a.ab75596bcba2cd9551af4ba5321b3150.jpeg

This is the the baby. It's light, and it comes with back straps for carrying while walking. Enough room for all your clubs and plenty of compartments for everything that need.
My wife bought it for me as an early surprise Fathers Day gift. I think that she ordered it through Amazon.
Clipped on my Patriots golf towel for added effect.:)
yeah, if your a "system golfer" this might be a good bag to own.... :coffee:

I just bought a push cart from Amazon and used it today for the first time. The Caddytek 4 wheeler.

It made walking 18 on a hilly course much easier because it weighs a little over 13 pounds and it rolled almost
effortlessly. I also liked having an adjustable handle with all the stuff I need right at my fingertips, like a cellphone holder,
card and pencil holder along with a small bag and zippered cooler, plus a bunch of other practical stuff. It was sturdy and
comfortable. By far the best pull/push cart I've ever used. It wasn't cheap, but I had some gift cards to burn and I'm pleased with it.

It easily folds in seconds into a compact rectangle, too.

View attachment 16899
Is this a remote control cart? I've played with several people who have remote control carts. The can walk the course without pushing, pulling, or carrying a bag.

Back