The Golf thread

Is this a remote control cart? I've played with several people who have remote control carts. The can walk the course without pushing, pulling, or carrying a bag.

Nope. I know a guy who owns one of those things and it follows him around like a puppy based on the clicker he has in his pocket. I didn't know
how expensive they were until I started looking a few days ago. You can easily drop more a grand or two on one. Not for me.

If they ever make one that looks like Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons I might reconsider, but I only had a caddy once and it felt a little weird just
walking around without clubs.

I'm not a total purist, though, and will definitely rent a golfboard the next time I have a chance just for the fun of it. You can buy one for about 3 grand
and it folds up into the trunk of your car.

golfboard photo revised.jpg

Nope. I know a guy who owns one of those things and it follows him around like a puppy based on the clicker he has in his pocket. I didn't know
how expensive they were until I started looking a few days ago. You can easily drop more a grand or two on one. Not for me.

If they ever make one that looks like Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons I might reconsider, but I only had a caddy once and it felt a little weird just

I'm not a total purist, though, and will definitely rent a golfboard the next time I have a chance just for the fun of it. You can buy one for about 3 grand

View attachment 16907
I would spill too much beer on one of those.

View attachment 16907
LMAO.
That was exactly a thought that I had when playing with a guy with a remote cart.
It looked like he was walking a dog or a dog was following him.

I think that they said that it's been 69 years since a Canadian has won the Canadian Open. And he did it in dramatic fashion.
Tommy Fleetwood continues to be a bridesmaid.

I think that they said that it's been 69 years since a Canadian has won the Canadian Open. And he did it in dramatic fashion.
Tommy Fleetwood continues to be a bridesmaid.
this was the kind of tournament - not a lot of big name players due to a major coming up - that Fleetwood needs to grab a victory (same can be said for others).

That raised my spirit.

Mine, too. While not a big fan of internet influencers in general, I find there is something likeable about Spirinac besides her
ridiculous rib rockets and the rest of the physical package, which is pretty much flawless. As Hollywood blondes go, she's
about as saucy as it gets. Not usually my thing, but she's the exception.

Besides getting tons of attention from millions of horny dudes I actually believe she really loves golf, is funny and
intelligent. Like she has a solid plan and has it all figured out. The haters don't phaze her. I hope she makes a ton of money
and has a relatively long shelf-life in the fickle public eye and when it's over she can laugh all the way to the bank. She
earned it.

Mine, too. While not a big fan of internet influencers in general, I find there is something likeable about Spirinac besides her
ridiculous rib rockets and the rest of the physical package, which is pretty much flawless. As Hollywood blondes go, she's
about as saucy as it gets. Not usually my thing, but she's the exception.

Besides getting tons of attention from millions of horny dudes I actually believe she really loves golf, is funny and
intelligent. Like she has a solid plan and has it all figured out. The haters don't phaze her. I hope she makes a ton of money
and has a relatively long shelf-life in the fickle public eye and when it's over she can laugh all the way to the bank. She
earned it.
there's a few golf hotties out there (several pages back I posted another one... too lazy to retrieve the pics

seems like Paige has been around a while, so age might be the only thing that catches up to her, but agree she genuinely loves golf and just put 2 good things together (golf and... I'm at work so you know what I mean :coffee: )

Day 1 of US open.
Predictions I've seen mostly pick Rahm, Keopke [sic?] and Sheffler. seen some for Hovland, Morikawa, Xander and even Phil. Personally I think Phil is due for one of his "Bad tourney's" as he needs the US Open for the career grand slam.

I'd like to see a dark horse candidate contend if not outright win, but this is supposedly a very tough course.
and there's a 79yrd Par 3. that should be interesting. Even I can tee it to the green on a hole that short!

Odds are Phil shids the bed again in a US Open
It's a good bet Phil plays like a chokin' dog

{see what I did there?} :p

Day 1 of US open.
Predictions I've seen mostly pick Rahm, Keopke [sic?] and Sheffler. seen some for Hovland, Morikawa, Xander and even Phil. Personally I think Phil is due for one of his "Bad tourney's" as he needs the US Open for the career grand slam.

I'd like to see a dark horse candidate contend if not outright win, but this is supposedly a very tough course.
and there's a 79yrd Par 3. that should be interesting. Even I can tee it to the green on a hole that short!
I love watching Rahm play.
Gladiator GIF

Ricky Fowler is -8, which I think that they said was a US Open record for lowest round on day 1.
In other breaking news, I just completed 18 holes for the first time this year. The most that I've been able to play was 14. But this was in a team scramble tournament in which we finished 12th out of 36 teams.

Ricky Fowler is -8, which I think that they said was a US Open record for lowest round on day 1.
In other breaking news, I just completed 18 holes for the first time this year. The most that I've been able to play was 14. But this was in a team scramble tournament in which we finished 12th out of 36 teams.
Congrats to you on the 18!

as for Fowler, that's great for him but he will likely return to his weekend-fade routine. nothing against the guy, just seems like that's his M.O.

Fowler hanging on to the lead at -10. But it's a very tight leaderboard right now. Sets up a very interesting weekend.

Headed out for the annual Fathers Day weekend father/son scramble in 15 minutes. I can't take more than a 1/4 swing today (chemo port went in yesterday and I am a little sore) but will chip/putt/chirp.

Emphasis on the "chirp" for today. We play this on the local township muni so we can get a way with a little moving around on the course. So we can get away with a little more fun than at a club. I plan to be all over the place watching the dads and the boys the tee off. CHIRP!

Headed out for the annual Fathers Day weekend father/son scramble in 15 minutes. I can't take more than a 1/4 swing today (chemo port went in yesterday and I am a little sore) but will chip/putt/chirp.

Emphasis on the "chirp" for today. We play this on the local township muni so we can get a way with a little moving around on the course. So we can get away with a little more fun than at a club. I plan to be all over the place watching the dads and the boys the tee off. CHIRP!
Good luck. That 1/4 swing could make you as accurate as a lazer.

Back