The Golf thread

I was playing yesterday and noticed that one of the guys playing ahead of us was dressed like this. Only his pants and hat were blue.

c8b32a3d8ff63707f12bc490bc35ea72.jpg

I said to my partners, look it's Bobby Jones. We had some laughs watching him play.
So, after our round I noticed him by his car and said to him that I liked his golf attire. Then I asked if he has to return to the cornfield now. He looked puzzeled for a minute, then he broke out laughing to my Field of Dreams reference.

Last edited:
Kyle Berkshire won the World's Longest Drive contest with a 398 drive.Monica, can't remember her last nwme,won the womans title at 276. And ,the senior men title was 328.
It will give me a goal for my round this afternoon.:D

Sadly the season up here is coming to an end. The Outlook in South Berwick Maine is giving free greens fees to all Veterans from 11/6 to 11/11. If you use a cart, you have a pay for that. Hope to play once there next week, if the weather cooperates.
Just wanted to give them a well deserved shout out.:clap:

[don't blame me for this below....I shamlessly stole it from a Claremonster post on FB :rofl: ]

Jack staggers into an emergency room with two black eyes and a five iron wrapped around his throat. The doctor asks him what happened.

“Well it was like this,” said Jack. “I was having a quiet game of golf with my wife when she sliced her ball into a pasture of cows.

We went to look for it and while I was rooting around, I noticed one of the cows had something white at its rear end.

I walked over and lifted up the tail and sure enough, there was my wife’s golf ball; stuck right in the middle of the cows arse. That’s when I made my mistake.

“What did you do?” asks the doctor.

“Well, I lifted the tail and yelled to my wife, “Hey, this looks like yours!”...

Well I guess this is it. I have tee times for today and tomorrow.
After that it looks like the weather is going to turn next week and when I get back from my Thanksgiving trip most of the courses will have closed. A couple will stay open until snow cover, but the ground will get hard as rock and there won't be many days above 46 degrees.
It's been a good year with ups and downs with my game but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I think for all practical purposes, my golf season is over. The local clubhouse is closed for the season. You can still go out and play but this is the time of the year that I hate. Leaves everywhere to the point where you spend more time looking for your ball than you do actually playing. Another year of not getting under 100. Maybe next year. 🤞

I think for all practical purposes, my golf season is over. The local clubhouse is closed for the season. You can still go out and play but this is the time of the year that I hate. Leaves everywhere to the point where you spend more time looking for your ball than you do actually playing. Another year of not getting under 100. Maybe next year. 🤞
Went to play my round and was astonished by the work the the grounds crew has put in. The course was in beautiful shape. Leaves should be everywhere but the fairways and greens were clear.
What a great day to play and I'll be back at it tomorrow, probably for the last time this season.

Reactions: Alk
I live in Florida, so my golf season can go all year. I usually cut it off during the summer, though. It’s just way too hot. Quick preview of me on the course…

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/BvlW5TL6gPk?si=1pQn0r1tVXjXfejq

Did anyone watch the Netflix Cup? I hadn't even heard about it and then saw a few clips from it yesterday. It looks like it will be a lot of fun to watch.

Early this golf season I watched a video of Rory teaching the guys from Barstool Sports how to murder their Drivers. Since I had
acquired a new Driver I was anxious to start mashing. Well, the whole thing didn't work for me and my swing felt uncomfortable
more often than not for the whole season. I'm a decent player who was typically in the 80's but this season I was about 10 shots
worse on average. I was just way off. Even worse was that I got some kind words from people that expect me to play
better and felt sorry for me. Well intentioned, sure, but.......I'd rather my friends don't ever feel the need to do so.

Anyhow, there are a million swing videos on youtube, but for whatever reason this guy helped me quite a bit.

Rick Shiels. I watched this vid two weeks ago and my very first round trying his approach had me hitting really solid shots from tee to green. It
didn't matter which club, including driver. Shiels helped me feel my swing slot again and my ball striking was good to excellent. After scuffling
for so long that felt pretty good and a friend who is spare with a compliment asked what got into you?

It seemed to help me, so maybe he can help somebody else. Here you go.

View: https://youtu.be/qdRSOKvjNZU?si=x3-LEJQQYTCVxubz

(Full Story HERE)

DP World Tour golfer loses three clubs in tree after throwing driver in frustration

Dutchman Joost Luiten embarked on a mission to initially retrieve his club but only made matters worse during final round of DP World Tour Championship

SEE VIDEO HERE

:rofl: (love the bag kick at the end) :rofl:

SEE VIDEO HERE

:rofl: (love the bag kick at the end) :rofl:
That certainly tops anything that I have done. On occasion the club does leave my hands sometimes traveling a long distance. It is considered to be bad form and violation of golf decorum to throw a club. However one will slip out of my hands and that it happens after a very bad shot is just coincidence.
I thought that my season was over, but I got a call to play at 1. It will be a little chilly at 47 degrees but what the hell. Should be done in time to catch the end of the end of the 1PM game and settle in to watch the Bills and Jets.

Last edited:
The Hero Challenge will be played this week starting this Thursday. Tiger is going to be playing for the 1st time since the Masters last April.

These are the 20 players that will be in the tournament starting Thursday. Looking forward to catching some of this over the 4 days.

Sam Burns
Keegan Bradley
Wyndham Clark
Jason Day
Tony Finau
Matt Fitzpatrick
Rickie Fowler
Lucas Glover*
Brian Harman
Max Homa
Viktor Hovland
Collin Morikawa
Justin Rose*
Scottie Scheffler
Jordan Spieth
Sepp Straka
Justin Thomas
Tiger Woods
Cameron Young
Will Zalatoris* Tournament exemption

Tiger finished +3, 8 behind Tony Finau at -5. Was -1 until he hit an awful tee shot on the par 5 15th, ended with a double bogie 7.
Let's see if he continues to fade tomorrow.

Tiger finished +3, 8 behind Tony Finau at -5. Was -1 until he hit an awful tee shot on the par 5 15th, ended with a double bogie 7.
Let's see if he continues to fade tomorrow.
I found out yesterday that I’m going to be playing the Masterpiece at Tree Tops in June during a boys only golf trip. Played it yet? I Googled it and the course looks spectacular. I can’t wait to lose a box of balls there.

Back