The Golf thread

Sorry to hear....any numbness or just pain? Good luck.

~Dee~
No numbness or any other issues with strength or gripping things. Just the pain/spasms.

Can't say I am glad to hear that you have this condition as well @ParanoidPatriot, but I am glad to hear you have had it for so long and that you play as much golf as you do these days so it has not become debilitating. That is good news.

Saw my GP this afternoon and he was pretty happy that I am still running and working out. We discussed the "straight poop" prior to me seeing the surgeon and he gave me a script for massage therapy. I am looking forward to that.

No numbness or any other issues with strength or gripping things. Just the pain/spasms.

Can't say I am glad to hear that you have this condition as well @ParanoidPatriot, but I am glad to hear you have had it for so long and that you play as much golf as you do these days so it has not become debilitating. That is good news.

Saw my GP this afternoon and he was pretty happy that I am still running and working out. We discussed the "straight poop" prior to me seeing the surgeon and he gave me a script for massage therapy. I am looking forward to that.
I do as well, but I also have Degenerative Disc Disease throughout the spine as well. Unfortunately I also got permanent nerve damage in one leg/foot hence the gimp but that was from the degenerative Discs.... Good luck.

~Dee~

I do as well, but I also have Degenerative Disc Disease throughout the spine as well. Unfortunately I also got permanent nerve damage in one leg/foot hence the gimp but that was from the degenerative Discs.... Good luck.

~Dee~

Ugh. I need to stop whining...

Ugh. I need to stop whining...
No whine away lol there is a light at the end of the tunnel for real if you go the surgery route do your due diligence and be careful get at least 2 more opinions just saying... one from another surgeon and another a non surgeon. I loved my orthopedic surgeon it was my neurosurgeon that was a total disappointment. After 2 surgeries the pain was gone and still nerve issues I was told i was imaging it, by my neurosurgeon. I ended up going to NY Hospital for Special Surgery and I never turned back....I play golf at least 3 times a week 9
holes onThursday night until September cause it get dark with the girls, and the weekends 18 holes lol until football then just Saturdays with the girls and guys lol.

~Dee~

Last edited:
No whine away lol there is a light at the end of the tunnel for real if you go the surgery route do your due diligence and be careful get at least 2 more opinions just saying... one from another surgeon and another a non surgeon. I loved my orthopedic surgeon it was my neurosurgeon that was a total disappointment. After 2 surgeries the pain was gone and still nerve issues I was told i was imaging it, by my neurosurgeon. I ended up going to NY Hospital for Special Surgery and I never turned back....I play golf at least 3 times a week 9
holes onThursday night until September cause it get dark with the girls, and the weekends 18 holes lol until football then just Saturdays with the girls and guys lol.

~Dee~
Do you see it. I bet you do.

Attachments

• 58ED49FD-AE68-4853-A58E-459ECDABD1C6.jpeg
    58ED49FD-AE68-4853-A58E-459ECDABD1C6.jpeg
    845.1 KB · Views: 6
Do you see it. I bet you do.
I do actually. My hubby had a brain tumor it was the size of a half of a pea ... he went on a golf trip when his cd came I spotted it immediately I’ve had more scans then I care to admit. It was on his nerve to his ear it was zapped his choice. I'm not a MD although I am a DR I stand by my original advice at 2 opinions lol

~Dee~

I do actually. My hubby had a brain tumor it was the size of a half of a pea ... he went on a golf trip when his cd came I spotted it immediately I’ve had more scans then I care to admit. It was on his nerve to his ear it was zapped his choice. I'm not a MD although I am a DR I stand by my original advice at 2 opinions lol

~Dee~

2 opinions for sure. My highly trusted GP said the same thing today. He isn't even sure that what the MRI's show is the cause of the pain. He agrees it seems obvious, but wants me to be highly critical of all advice. I went to him today, as said above, for the straight poop and he gave it. Carefully guiding us (my wife came) to get at least 2 opinions.

I have 2 more MRI's coming up over at U of M where I will be standing still for 45 minutes to see what the "load" looks like. I guess this is a new thing?

Who knows. I am inspired by your perseverance and that of Paranoid.

2 opinions for sure. My highly trusted GP said the same thing today. He isn't even sure that what the MRI's show is the cause of the pain. He agrees it seems obvious, but wants me to be highly critical of all advice. I went to him today, as said above, for the straight poop and he gave it. Carefully guiding us (my wife came) to get at least 2 opinions.

I have 2 more MRI's coming up over at U of M where I will be standing still for 45 minutes to see what the "load" looks like. I guess this is a new thing?

Great so glad to hear. good luck your in good hands seriously.

~Dee~

It's good that you are going to get more than one opinion. I chose not to have surgery. I just had the mindset that I would try all non surgical options. I knew several people that had back surgery and weren't any better after having it.
Everyone has to make there own choices, that was mine.
BTW, it was a great day out on the course today. Shot a better than average score. But knowing that this could be the last one for the season, I just tried to take it all in and enjoy it.

It's good that you are going to get more than one opinion. I chose not to have surgery. I just had the mindset that I would try all non surgical options. I knew several people that had back surgery and weren't any better after having it.
Everyone has to make there own choices, that was mine.
BTW, it was a great day out on the course today. Shot a better than average score. But knowing that this could be the last one for the season, I just tried to take it all in and enjoy it.
I waited a long time maybe longer then I should have but I’m good with my choice and I’m glad you made the right choice as well. I would put off surgery as long as possible, but that’s just me ...

~Dee~

Played at Lake of Isles at Foxwoods on Sunday.
Holy shit, what a magnificent course? The public one might be better than the private one.

If you’ve never played there, check it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I was up in North Conway two weeks ago and played White Mountain CC -- the one right next to the train station downtown and it was an ordeal due to leaves covering the course.

No matter how hard you focused on watching the shot, the leaves tended to be small and curled into roughly golf ball size. We might as well have been playing in the middle of a driving range. We had to hunt for about half of the shots we hit, which was a major headache. That's a fun course, but not during leaf season. The next day we decided to try Hale's Location and not once did we have a similar issue-- so good was the maintenance.

There are a few good courses that I've played in NH and a few more that were not great, but in that part of the state, Hale's is the best course you can find, despite it being only 9 holes. One time I was playing there at the foot of Humphrey's Ledge and I literally heard voices. I looked around and there is nobody there. Eventually I realized that the voices came from rock climbers who were about 400 feet up on the ledge and the acoustics of the rock made it sound like they were 20 feet away. Weird. I played the loop twice one day and finished with an 81 -- my best score ever.

Late in the round I thought I had a good shot at breaking 80 when I was hitting a short chip but as I was in my downswing a guy whose house backed up to the green started up his helicopter and that scared the hell out of me (I never saw it due to trees/brush) and my shot went wild and I double bogeyed the hole.

I thought about saying that wasn't fair and doing the shot over, but there is nothing in the rules to cover helicopters. I just knew that if I did that and broke 80 it would feel hollow, So 81 is what I shot.

Not my pic, but it gives anhales.jpg idea for how cool the place is:

I was up in North Conway two weeks ago and played White Mountain CC -- the one right next to the train station downtown and it was an ordeal due to leaves covering the course.

No matter how hard you focused on watching the shot, the leaves tended to be small and curled into roughly golf ball size. We might as well have been playing in the middle of a driving range. We had to hunt for about half of the shots we hit, which was a major headache. That's a fun course, but not during leaf season. The next day we decided to try Hale's Location and not once did we have a similar issue-- so good was the maintenance.

There are a few good courses that I've played in NH and a few more that were not great, but in that part of the state, Hale's is the best course you can find, despite it being only 9 holes. One time I was playing there at the foot of Humphrey's Ledge and I literally heard voices. I looked around and there is nobody there. Eventually I realized that the voices came from rock climbers who were about 400 feet up on the ledge and the acoustics of the rock made it sound like they were 20 feet away. Weird. I played the loop twice one day and finished with an 81 -- my best score ever.

Late in the round I thought I had a good shot at breaking 80 when I was hitting a short chip but as I was in my downswing a guy whose house backed up to the green started up his helicopter and that scared the hell out of me (I never saw it due to trees/brush) and my shot went wild and I double bogeyed the hole.

I thought about saying that wasn't fair and doing the shot over, but there is nothing in the rules to cover helicopters. I just knew that if I did that and broke 80 it would feel hollow, So 81 is what I shot.

Not my pic, but it gives anView attachment 13807 idea for how cool the place is:
We have stayed at the White Mountain Resort a few times over the years, and I've played that course a couple of times. It's a very good course and not too difficult to play if you keep it on the fairway. Lots of uphill and downhill holes.
We then sat outside and watched the rock climbers for quite a while.Very nice place but it's got a little pricey recently.
Congrats on the 81, that's a great score.

Last edited:
Heading to Sea Island, Georgia this weekend to watch some of the RSM tournament. My son & I are playing the Sea Palms Resort course on Sunday morning. Anybody ever play there?

That is a major change.

Yessir!! Phil might not be able to get around the corner off the tee anymore......too bad, so sad :D

then again maybe The Masterminds of Augusta Nat'l will decide -- past Masters Champs or no -- iffn' they now be LIV Tour boys, well-sir they maybe not well-come this here upcomin' year after all

Back