The Golf thread

Golfed Today. Mid 40's and light breeze, which I find much more enjoyable then hot summer weather. apparently it was below freezing over night... here's what the water hazard looked like.....MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg

Golfed Today. Mid 40's and light breeze, which I find much more enjoyable then hot summer weather. apparently it was below freezing over night... here's what the water hazard looked like.....View attachment 13980
A couple of years ago I played around this time of year. Very cold nights and about 45 degrees in the daytime.
One hole was a down hill and I hit a striagt drive that went over 300 yards because the fairway was so hard. Next shot, I hit a perfect shot with nice loft. It hit the green and bounced about 20 feet in the air and then took off into the woods.
The green was frozen solid. We all had a good laugh watching that ball fly up that high.

I can do down to 50 with no wind. That is all.
That’s why we head off to some island to play golf. The Dominican Republic has some beautiful courses we stayed in Punta Cana during the Seattle vs New England Super Bowl they had a Super Bowl party and everything lol. But my favorite island course is the White Witch in Jamaica .... we stayed at the Half Moon which was gorgeous... and a golf resort which was nice but the White Witch is my second favorite course ....Old Head in Kinsale Ireland is my all time favorite.

~Dee~

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I played around this time of year. Very cold nights and about 45 degrees in the daytime.
One hole was a down hill and I hit a striagt drive that went over 300 yards because the fairway was so hard. Next shot, I hit a perfect shot with nice loft. It hit the green and bounced about 20 feet in the air and then took off into the woods.
The green was frozen solid. We all had a good laugh watching that ball fly up that high.
the first few holes it was hard to get a tee into the ground! been below freeze in NH a few nights in a row I believe.
still was a beautiful day (I prefer it cool) and I had my usual array of mostly crappy shots to start, but ended with the last three holes having some pretty good ones, so I left happy.

That’s why we head off to some island to play golf the Dominican Republic has some beautiful courses we stayed in Punta Cana during the Seattle vs New England Super Bowl they had a Super Bowl party and everything lol. But my favorite island course is the White Witch in Jamaica .... we stayed at the Half Moon which was gorgeous... and a golf resort which was nice but the White Witch is my second favorite course ....Old Head in Kinsale Ireland is my all time favorite.

~Dee~
Love PC. We have stayed at three different resorts from large to small (Hard Rock to Breathless). Definitely prefer the smaller Breathless and have been back there several times. What we have not done is golf on any PC trip. Never even considered bring clubs though. We always scuba dive as the main off resort activity.

Maybe next time.

Stayed 1 night at a B&B in Kinsale on our honeymoon back when we barely had two nickels to rub together. Kinsale is the prettiest of the pretty in Ireland.

Love PC. We have stayed at three different resorts from large to small (Hard Rock to Breathless). Definitely prefer the smaller Breathless and have been back there several times. What we have not done is golf on any PC trip. Never even considered bring clubs though. We always scuba dive as the main off resort activity.

Maybe next time.

Stayed 1 night at a B&B in Kinsale on our honeymoon back when we barely had two nickels to rub together. Kinsale is the prettiest of the pretty in Ireland.
It is absolutely, the first night on that trip we stayed at a B&B as well lol. But Kinsale captured my heart the beauty and challenge of the course was amazing. It might have been because I kicked ass on that course because they were all afraid of heights lol. That’s where we learned OFFS oh for fucks sake. We laughed our asses off that trip it was just 4 of us. We usually travel with at the very least 12 so six couples.

The PC trip was just hubby and I. We tend to do a lot of winter golf trips just the 2 of us... and that was one recommended to us by another couple. There are really only two things both hubby and I have in common athletically golf and skiing. I use to rock climb, track, softball, ice skate, ie hockey,before girls were allowed and hike he has zero interest in any. But try the White Witch.... and if your wife doesn’t play the views are absolutely incredible.

~Dee~

It is absolutely, the first night on that trip we stayed at a B&B as well lol. But Kinsale captured my heart the beauty and challenge of the course was amazing. It might have been because I kicked ass on that course because they were all afraid of heights lol. That’s where we learned OFFS oh for fucks sake. We laughed our asses off that trip it was just 4 of us. We usually travel with at the very least 12 so six couples.

The PC trip was just hubby and I. We tend to do a lot of winter golf trips just the 2 of us... and that was one recommended to us by another couple. There are really only two things both hubby and I have in common athletically golf and skiing. I use to rock climb, track, softball, ice skate, ie hockey,before girls were allowed and hike he has zero interest in any. But try the White Witch.... and if your wife doesn’t play the views are absolutely incredible.

~Dee~
Will do. Lynn will "golf" with me. Or rather, Lynn will bring clubs, get dressed and allow me to load her clubs on the cart with me. She will tee off and pick it up, putt from where I am and have a hell of a great time. Everyone agrees she is super fun to "golf" with.

"Golf"

Tonight on TNT at 7Pm is The Match. Tiger and Rory vs Justin and Jordon. I believe that some of the holes will be played after dark on lighted fairways and greens.

This is being played entirely under the lights, never seen that before.
Thanks for reminding me. I don't know why my phone didn't. I played that course a number of times. I've also played the course the QBE is being played on.

Poorly.

Thanks for reminding me. I don't know why my phone didn't. I played that course a number of times. I've also played the course the QBE is being played on.

Poorly.
Do you, or anyone else, know when the tournament is where the pros play with a family member? The one that Tiger and Charlie play as a team, ect.

That was a fun Match to watch last night. JT was really on his game, otherwise it would have been closer.

Poorly.
Thanks, I'll have to set a reminder.
Lol you guys just made me spit a wonderful pinot noir out......thanks for, the much needed laugh lol

~Dee~

Back