The Golf thread

Ugh was suppose to play tonight ..... unfortunately other stuff got in the way lol.

~Dee~

Ugh was suppose to play tonight ..... unfortunately other stuff got in the way lol.

~Dee~
Played with E. Beat him by four 84/88 to stop his 3 match streak. He is out driving me by 50 yards these days. I managed to get the putter working today. It’s amazing what an entire roll of lead tape can do when you can’t feel the putter head anymore.

Played with E. Beat him by four 84/88 to stop his 3 match streak. He is out driving me by 50 yards these days. I managed to get the putter working today. It’s amazing what an entire roll of lead tape can do when you can’t feel the putter head anymore.
To elaborate on the putter issue: I have been using the same Ping putter for at least 20 years. After many tennis tape “adjustments” to the grip over the years I finally had the asst. pro put a new “fat” grip on it late last season. It totally messed up the balance making the head feel way too light. I have been slowly adding lead tape to the head. I even did it mid-round once. The reason I have stayed with that Ping so long is because putting was a strength for me and it became a huge weakness. I am generally not a Ping fan. I only carry that putter and 1 or 2 (depends) wedges from them.

The tape finally made the head balanced enough and I putted closer to normal yesterday.

Now to correct this issue of not hitting it closer to the pin….🤪

So, I'm sitting in an airport waiting to board. This 2 hour thingy sucks but my wife goes by the rules being a former teacher.
Anyway there's an old saying, driving is for show- putting is for the dough.
But you guys can play on my scramble team anytime @ 84 and 88.

Last edited:
So, I'm sitting in an airport waiting to board. This 2 hour thingy sucks but my wife goes by the rules being a former teacher.
Anyway there's an old saying, driving is for show- putting is for the dough.
But you guys can play on my scramble team anything @ 84 and 88.

We were talking about scrambles yesterday while we were playing. Our games are so different but complimentary. He bombs it and has soft chipping hands. I am better with irons and putting but I loathe chipping. I just need to practice but when I have time for golf, I use it to play. Maybe when I retire.

Took E to the PXG store here in Troy MI and had him fitted for a custom built driver last fall for his birthday. They used the stiffest shaft they had (and tipped that shaft 1/2 inch to stiffen further) with an exception being one other that was a $400 upgrade. Nope. Added 35 yards over the extra stiff shafted driver he had been using. When I flush his new driver I get maybe 200 yards. I simply can't flex it. And I play with a stiff shaft as well. I am going to look for the order paperwork (found it). And yes, we both recommend the PXG experience.1684520157347.png

Last edited:
The PGA Championship this year has to be on a brutally differcult course given the scores after day 2.
BTW, I'm at my daughter's house which is 2 miles from both the Congressional and TPC Potomac. Membership at both is like 200x what a membership cost me at my home course.

Last edited:
Pouring here no golf today ugh tomorrow is a ticket holder event .... as well as all weekend next week ugh.

~Dee~

Yes this is an old fashion club lol. Women are allowed to purchase a ticket men are the primary stockholder unless your not married lol. I refuse to purchase a ticket .....

~Dee~

Disappointed that Keopka won. I used to like him but his jump on to the LIV and the way he and his wife came off in that Netflix doc, made me turn on him.
And WTF Hovland? As bad as I suck, I have never screwed the pooch like he did in that bunker. Still don't know how he did that, and I watched the slow mo replay.

Disappointed that Keopka won. I used to like him but his jump on to the LIV and the way he and his wife came off in that Netflix doc, made me turn on him.
And WTF Hovland? As bad as I suck, I have never screwed the pooch like he did in that bunker. Still don't know how he did that, and I watched the slow mo replay.
Agree, 100% on Brooks Koepka. He comes off as a condescending pr!ck.

I get you, but I've given him a pass as I think his knee injury gave him pause for gambling a successful PGA return after rehab --- unlike Phil who is a true degenerate gambler who needed LIV $$ to rehab his self-destructive self :)

Corey Conners was in the exact bunker spot in RD 3 paired w/ Keopka and embedded in the same bunker lip slightly higher than Hovland, making a double as well

both guys had ball below their feet w/ that grass lip in their face --- I thought Hovland (luv his game) would never make the same stroke tho :(

Back