The Hats off to Tom Brady thread

ChiefsPlanet is in tethers. It has been glorious. Brady has taken 2 rings off of Mahomes fingers. It is hard to repeat. It is hard to win the SB. The Pats/Brady just makes it look easy.

Tom Brady 10+ Game Winning Streaks

First Win DateLast Win DateGames10-game streaks
25-Nov-200122-Sep-2002121
5-Oct-200324-Oct-2004212
9-Sep-200720-Jan-2008181
13-Nov-201122-Jan-2012101
10-Jan-201523-Nov-2015131
20-Nov-20165-Feb-2017101
23-Dec-201827-Oct-2018131
Totals978

I only did the calculation above for Brady. There are other QBs with more than one 10+ game winning streaks, but I can't think of any QBs that would have even half as many as Brady.

Brady is currently on an 8 game streak, so there's a chance he will increase his count in September of this year.

Of course, football is a team game, and one could easily make the point that this belongs in the Brady, BB, NEP thread.

But that would mean comparing team winning streaks, and although that's worthy of study too, it's something I'll leave for someone else to do.

Last edited:
With apologies to Hammerstein II (and Kern):

"That old man Brady, he just keeps rolling along.

Freeing up cap for the FAs probably. I just hope all those FAs know that the contract is only really as long as TFB is there. After that it will be cleaning house time like us.
The NFL has morphed into a "win now" league. Guys want to hit it with a team at a chance at a ring for the money they will get and the marketing exposure. Owners also want the chip as fast as possible, see LA Rams and Colts. I think it is a pretty fun time as a fan. So much QB movement and potential QB movement. I would think Tampa feels it has a 3 year window with Brady and they are in excellent cap shape to make that happen while keeping most of their stars. It all begins with Brady's extension.

Brady vs. Mahomes - The Results Are In

After Super Bowl LV, the conclusion is now obvious.

Patrick Mahomes is almost certainly not going to catch Tom Brady and become the GOAT QB of the NFL.

Mahomes will still have to win six more Super Bowl championships to equal Brady’s total.

Mahomes will need to become the leader in all regular season passing records.

Mahomes will need to become the leader in all post-season passing records.

And even if Mahomes does all that, he will still be 0-2 vs. Brady in the playoffs, with one loss in an AFC championship game, and one loss in a Super Bowl.

So Mahomes will need to do more. Eight Super Bowls and all the passing records.
And then there’s the fabulously wealthy supermodel wife - Mahomes will need one of those, too. :banana:

I agree with your analysis citing the injury and longevity factors.

I also left out a few other benchmarks that Mahomes would have to match or exceed to get into the GOAT conversation:
  1. winning multiple Super Bowls after age 40
  2. changing conferences and winning a Super Bowl in the first year with a new team, at age 43, during a pandemic
  3. going 10-0 in his first 10 playoff games (Mahomes can never match that, he's already lost twice in the playoffs)
  4. Brady holds the all-time consecutive games winning streak for a QB, at 21
My guess is that others could add a number of items to the list above. I think item #2 in particular will be very difficult for anyone to match.

It's over. The media will start pumping up Trevor Lawrence or Justin Herbert or some future young gun as the next Brady challenger, but only Chiefs fans will continue to tout Mahomes as the future GOAT.

Last edited:
Back