The Hats off to Tom Brady thread

I have to give you credit. You can provide a plausible enough reply to practically any question, but can't help but slip in a few dubious supporting details that make
me wonder if even you believe it.

In this one, I think you slipped up with " I would imagine for AB, having someone like Tom, an older male figure, believe in him after all his screw-ups really meant a ton of him."

:rolleyes:

At the risk of overstating the obvious, Antonio Brown is a grown-ass man of 32. He's a celebrity super star and a multi-millionaire. He isn't a sad-eyed street urchin acting out because he
is desperate for a father figure. I think we all have a pretty good idea what he's about.

Yes, technically, Brady is about 10 years older than he is, but if Brown hasn't figured out how to behave like a responsible adult by now then I seriously doubt even
Tom Brady -- the New Master of Space, Time and Infinity --can help him out. Brown is using Brady to prolong his career and keep the gravy train rolling and nobody should waste their time listening to his bogus contrition.

"Redemption story". ROFL. I'd love to see the look on the faces on his victims as they read how he's a changed man for about the 40th time. I doubt they'd get overly misty-eyed.

I hope he saved that tweet to save him the trouble of typing it out again.
1613731571435.png

I hate to have to keep repeating myself, but just in case you need to be reminded I'm pissed at Brady for pretending to be our QB in 2019,
not for what he did afterwards.

He phoned in his 2019 performances taking care not to get hit too much. He chucked balls in the stands early and often without bothering
to try and extend a play. To make something positive happen. He quit on his teammates and the fans. I'm not saying
he gave zero effort, but the hard truth was he gave far less than his best effort. His prime goal was win only when it was convenient and run up the
white flag whenever it wasn't. The old dog learned some new tricks.

I paid good money to watch him lead this team like he had always done, but he had other plans. Brady checked out early, but what I
don't understand is why he bothered to line up in the first place if he didn't like the way the organization was being run. He could've
sat or demanded a trade and there wouldn't have been a thing anybody in Foxboro could've done to stop him.

Granted, some delusional people choose to make excuses for everything he has ever done and absolve him of whatever did not result in
perfection. For these people it is always somebody else's fault.

I'm well aware of that but I know what I saw and my gut reaction is to be angry. If anybody doesn't agree or doesn't like me being a heretic, then
I simply don't care.

I hate to have to keep repeating myself, but just in case you need to be reminded I'm pissed at Brady for pretending to be our QB in 2019,

He phoned in his 2019 performances taking care not to get hit too much. He chucked balls in the stands early and often without bothering
to try and extend a play. To make something positive happen. He quit on his teammates and the fans. I'm not saying
he gave zero effort, but the hard truth was he gave far less than his best effort. His prime goal was win only when it was convenient and run up the

I paid good money to watch him lead this team like he had always done, but he had other plans. Brady checked out early, but what I
don't understand is why he bothered to line up in the first place if he didn't like the way the organization was being run. He could've
sat or demanded a trade and there wouldn't have been a thing anybody in Foxboro could've done to stop him.

Granted, some delusional people choose to make excuses for everything he has ever done and absolve him of whatever did not result in

I'm well aware of that but I know what I saw and my gut reaction is to be angry. If anybody doesn't agree or doesn't like me being a heretic, then
I simply don't care.
It's true that he was a pissy pants in his last year in NE.

I simply don't care.
1613766693212.png

The article is pedalling the schtick from the player.
The article was quoting McCoy from his interview on Pat's show. You can listen to the clip which is within the article. What he said is quoted verbatim. And the main focus of the article was how Brady led the team all year and instilled a championship mindset. The Bill comment was at the end and really just an aside to the main story of how Brady helped transform the Bucs into a champion.

Last edited:
This is especially for you Hawg. I guess it wasn't Brady after all who was responsible for the transformation in Tampa. It was AB! :LOL:
No- one's useless. You can always serve as a bad example. :coffee:

Brady winning the superb owl is a good thing for BB...I believe. He will be forced to turn around the Pats asap. For his own legacy. Serious.

This is especially for you Hawg. I guess it wasn't Brady after all who was responsible for the transformation in Tampa. It was AB! :LOL:

I didn't read it, but thanks for thinking of me.

Brady could do no wrong this season. Everything he touched turned to gold. Even the horrible guys on his OL got much better. It IS a little bit like all these
guys just woke up and believed they could be better and they were. Tom was the leader there that he was supposed to be. Better, actually.

Their opponents developed key injuries as if it were scripted. Devin White started playing like a beast and there were times last season where he looked lost. I don't
know who their personnel people are, but we should try to steal them because they've drafted a lot of top guys over the last half-dozen years or so. Better than us,
certainly.

Bruce Arians' got smarter and less dickish (still a dick, though). Gronk turned it on in limited snaps. Even career underachiever Leonard Fournette suddenly figured it out"
"Ohhhhh......so I weigh 235 and I'm NOT supposed go down on the first arm tackle" and he looked really good. Give them credit for turning that dog around.

I got nothing, really. It was like the plot of a corny comic book come to life with Tom playing the lead role and it's possible that they could be really good next year, too.

And after 20 years of staying on point in every presser he goes down there, buys the Bat Boat, wins it all and gets so drunk that he can hardly walk. I hope he
enjoyed himself.

sad thing is licht is a former pats exec.
he's definitely likeable.
i don't give 2 shits what a.b. "needed", he's a giant turd and i HATED him being on the pats.

Back