The Hats off to Tom Brady thread

It's over. The media will start pumping up Trevor Lawrence or Justin Herbert or some future young gun as the next Brady challenger, but only Chiefs fans will continue to tout Mahomes as the future GOAT.
I agree. Mahomes losing twice to Brady, once at home in the AFCCG and then getting crushed in the SB ends all discussion of him.
Of course the media will anoint a new challenger in his place. Could be Lawrence or another QB from this draft.

y losing 2x in the playoffs to a team qbed by x does not mean that y can never be better than x.
that being true would suggest that eli and peyton are both better than brady.

y losing 2x in the playoffs to a team qbed by x does not mean that y can never be better than x.
In a vacuum I agree but the context for Brady and Mahomes is Brady was already up 5 chips to zero when they first played and Brady was 41 and then 43 when they played in the SB. That is why I said Mahomes could never catch him. It is not just that Brady beat him 2x in the playoffs but Brady's enormous lead over him when they played. Patrick really needed to win those games and even then he had a long ways to go but losing them has eliminated him IMO.

Don't bring logic in here.

If one of the Mannings were tied with Brady with championships, and roughly equivalent in regular season and playoff statistics, then head-to-head in the playoffs could and should be cited as a possible tie breaking argument in GOAT discussions.

Last edited:
thumb.aspx

Looks like the baphomet himself! 👀

Does Brady still have the consecutive passes without an int record, or did Brees or Rodgers end up snagging that one?

Last edited:
Another fun fact:

Brady and his team beat the teams of three Super Bowl MVPs in a row during this years playoffs: Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes.

Last edited:
Another fun fact:

Brady and his team beat the teams of three Super Bowl MVPs in a row during this years playoffs: Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes.
And almost surely, 3 1st ballot HOFers

Wow. Has any baseball card sold for that much?

Another fun fact:

Yes he did and kudos to him. He's firmly embedded as the GOAT in everyone's mind.

Like every SB run/SB win there's a lot of luck involved.

Injuries hurt the Saints/Brees a lot. They weren't the same team they were earlier in the year.
If Rodgers had run it in for the TD. Best game of the playoffs for me.
Mahomes had no chance against that TB pass rush with 2 starting OTs out of the game. Watching him struggle was very fulfilling & portends what's to come for me.

Mahomes had no chance against that TB pass rush with 2 starting OTs out of the game. Watching him struggle was very fulfilling & portends what's to come for me.

I agree with you about the portents - I think we've seen the high-water mark for this edition of the Chiefs.

And as bad as that game was for Mahomes, it was worse for Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy.

Unable/unwilling to make adjustments on the biggest stage is no way to burnish a reputation.

And yes, the Chiefs offensive line was a mess. But they were down just one OT from the team that had no problems with the Bills in the AFCCG.

And I recall a Patriots team that lost Damien Woody and had to plug in replacement Russ Hochstein, just prior to a Super Bowl. And before that Super Bowl it was predicted that the opposing defensive line, featuring Kris Jenkins and Julius Peppers, would feast on a patchwork Patriots offensive line. It didn't happen, because there was both quality depth and good coaching. In fact, the Pathers got zero sacks in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Contrast that with this year's Super Bowl - little help for the Chiefs offensive line by using multiple tight ends or having the fullback in the game. There was the disastrous use of time-outs at the end of the first half. And lots of undisciplined play leading to lots of penalties.

There are lots of folks that think Andy Reid is a great coach. I don't see it.

Back