The Insurrection Schadenfraude Thread

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
Psychology researchers have found three driving forces for schadenfraude: aggression, rivalry, and social justice.

I thought it would be nice to indulge in the social justice version of schadenfreude, and one way to do that is to have a thread where we chronicle the fates of those who stormed the Capitol on January 6th, 2021.

I will need some help with this thread. As there will be both legal and social outcomes for many of those involved, there will be too much for one person to track.

If you're so inclined, and you see an insurrectionist suffer some consequence of his/her actions on that fateful day, please post it here.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Insurrection? Okay...

Start there and work your way to D.C.

Last edited:
OP
TipRoast

TipRoast

Reaction score
Insurrection? Okay...

Start there and work your way to DC.

I am fine with expanding the scope of the thread to insurrection events that occurred prior to January 6th. My own focus is on the events that occurred in the Capitol on that date, but as I said, I welcome other contributions to the thread.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
I am fine with expanding the scope of the thread to insurrection events that occurred prior to January 6th. My own focus is on the events that occurred in the Capitol on that date, but as I said, I welcome other contributions to the thread.
Thank you. You started off your thread with the following first sentence in your post:

"Psychology researchers have found three driving forces for schadenfraude: aggression, rivalry, and social justice."

I'm not sure that there could be a better definition for how anti-antifa and BLM view themselves. Given that they spent the better part of 2020 destroying businesses, cities, police stations in court houses it seems to fit quite well.

In fact, the only thing missing are the actual arrests, ironically.

Now, I ask you, why is that?

Last edited:
OP
TipRoast

TipRoast

Reaction score
Thank you. You started off your thread with the following first sentence in your post:

"Psychology researchers have found three driving forces for schadenfraude: aggression, rivalry, and social justice."

I'm not sure that there could be a better definition for how anti-antifa and BLM view themselves. Given that they spent the better part of 2020 destroying businesses, cities, police stations in court houses it seems to fit quite well.

In fact, the only thing missing are the actual arrests, ironically.

Now, I ask you, why is that?
I thought arrests were made.

Is this story inaccurate?

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
I thought arrests were made.

Is this story inaccurate?
I should be more careful.

I should have said "prosecutions". Many if not most were not prosecuted. DA discretion.

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner

Organizers of Trump Rally Had Been on Campaign’s Payroll​

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner

shecolt

Reaction score
I should be more careful.

I should have said "prosecutions". Many if not most were not prosecuted. DA discretion.

We also had Harris asking for donations to the MN Freedom Fund to help post bail for those who were arrested. Now, I understand that many democrats are in favor of eliminating cash bail; but when a senator (of course, now VP) makes a tweet asking people to help bail out those who were arrested, it's not a good look. I see it as more of a green light to those who were rioting.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
We also had Harris asking for donations to the MN Freedom Fund to help post bail for those who were arrested. Now, I understand that many democrats are in favor of eliminating cash bail; but when a senator (of course, now VP) makes a tweet asking people to help bail out those who were arrested, it's not a good look. I see it as more of a green light to those who were rioting.
That is exactly what it was and exactly what the lefties on this board support.