The Julian Edleman Tribute Week thread

Fantastic presser. Really.

great words about Bill and how appreciative he was of him.

And he signed off thanking the reporters for their work while he was a player and how he appreciates them all.

He’s a class act.

He wrote a helluva story.
From my perspective, Edelman was the inspiration behind the comeback against Atlanta. "You gotta believe."
Without him there's no comeback.

Julian Edelman Retells the LEGENDARY Super Bowl LI Comeback Story​

Fantastic presser. Really.

great words about Bill and how appreciative he was of him.

And he signed off thanking the reporters for their work while he was a player and how he appreciates them all.

He’s a class act.
Smarter than Bill with the press. Jerks they may be, but if you treat people well you may (no guarantees) get the same treatment in return. There's a reason it's called a poison ✒️! ☠️

Smarter than Bill with the press. Jerks they may be, but if you treat people well you may (no guarantees) get the same treatment in return. There's a reason it's called a poison ✒️! ☠️

Jules was honest as well, he conceded he was never the easiest guy for them to deal with as he was always zoned into his job, his drive kept him so focussed.

At least Jules gets it about Bill. His answer from last night's question.

"a hard guy to play for." But added: "Just the consistent grind and relentlessness and lack of complacency was great for me. ... I love that coaching style. ... I love coach and I appreciate everything's he's done for me.”

Last edited:
Jules was honest as well, he conceded he was never the easiest guy for them to deal with as he was always zoned into his job, his drive kept him so focussed.

At least Jules gets it about Bill. His answer from last night's question.

That's a far cry from you know who down in Florida. Julian knows BB made his career and made him millions. Who gives a Wildcat QB a crack at WR at the NFL level and it works?

The people who leave NE with a sour puss on their face from Ty Law to Seymour, to Vrabel, to Butler to Dion Lewis, Brady, etc, are always the players that see themselves still in their primes and don't like the fact the money went away here. They don't like being told that BB decided to walk near the end. I've read stories of guys like Bruschi or Ninkovich where at the end, BB sits them down to watch tape and explains to them why they're losing it. I think that's classy and professional of Bill. It's not personal. He has a responsibility to Kraft, the team and the fans, and really, himself in that role.

Guy, White and Andrews came back here as FAs, because they love BB and don't have inflated opinions of their own market value like the others had.

No offense, but when BB got here in 2000, the press were brutal. They immediately started in with the baited questions and harrassment. BB has a job to do and he protects his players from the stupid or sniveling little questions he might get from a Felger, Breer or Gasper. Or now, Volin who is in that troll role.

If you look at other markets, the press doesn't do what they do here to the coaches, so BB has to have his guard up. It's overblown with BBs appearance with these things and the media.

That's a far cry from you know who down in Florida. Julian knows BB made his career and made him millions. Who gives a Wildcat QB a crack at WR at the NFL level and it works?

The people who leave NE with a sour puss on their face from Ty Law to Seymour, to Vrabel, to Butler to Dion Lewis, Brady, etc, are always the players that see themselves still in their primes and don't like the fact the money went away here. They don't like being told that BB decided to walk near the end. I've read stories of guys like Bruschi or Ninkovich where at the end, BB sits them down to watch tape and explains to them why they're losing it. I think that's classy and professional of Bill. It's not personal. He has a responsibility to Kraft, the team and the fans, and really, himself in that role.

Guy, White and Andrews came back here as FAs, because they love BB and don't have inflated opinions of their own market value like the others had.
Even most of the players that got let go and traded away see BB's POV.

Good post!

No offense, but when BB got here in 2000, the press were brutal. They immediately started in with the baited questions and harrassment. BB has a job to do and he protects his players from the stupid or sniveling little questions he might get from a Felger, Breer or Gasper. Or now, Volin who is in that troll role.

If you look at other markets, the press doesn't do what they do here to the coaches, so BB has to have his guard up. It's overblown with BBs appearance with these things and the media.
No offense taken! ☺️

I know about the press in 2000 and they were pretty impossible. I just think BB could have played the press better as the years went by. The fans certainly were more on his side than the reporters, exceptions being guys like Mike Reiss. BB is a football genius but was never a guy with great social skills.

Great stuff from Jules. Really lovely words from him about Matt Slater. Really treasures the time with him.

He was asked if he’ll be at the stadium for the Bucs game. He doesn’t have plans to. A reporter asked him who he‘ll be rooting for 🙄 he said the Pats of course. Another stupid reporter asked the same question saying he is such friends with Brady etc so who will he be supporting. He got annoyed with the question…..”I just answered that…..I’m Foxboro, man”.
Sounds like someone didn't drink the concussion water.

That's why Brandon Marshall washed out of the league by 30, not having won donkey dick, and Edelman has 3 rings, and a nearly-unmatched postseason resume.
Because it's actually about winning games, not about 'what the fans want to see'. Every one of those clips was a clear-cut taunting call, by the way. Like no gray area in the slightest. And it's been the rule since the mid-90s.

I could ramble on and on about Jules. One thing stood out to me early in his career that I'll touch upon was during the disaster that was the Ray Rice playoff game versus Baltimore. Jules, who
hadn't really yet made a name for himself never quit fighting for a second even when the game was totally out of reach. He was literally the only Patriot who distinguished himself and just kept grinding and I decided right there that the kid had the "heart of a lion". It's a cliche', sure, but it popped into my head during that game and it turned out to be true for 12 years.

Since that game I don't know how many times I've said that phrase about him, but it has to be a hundred. I loved the guy. His will to succeed was simply incredible.

Whatever he gave the fans during his playing days, the thing that I'll be eternally grateful for is that he decided that he was retiring as a Patriot and there was no other place for him. That means something to me.

I'll make sure I save my voice for halftime so I can let him hear what I think of him.

I'll be the guy in section 239 yelling "HEART OF A LION"!!!!! with everything I can bring.

Back