The Julian Edleman Tribute Week thread

I could ramble on and on about Jules. One thing stood out to me early in his career that I'll touch upon was during the disaster that was the Ray Rice playoff game versus Baltimore. Jules, who
hadn't really yet made a name for himself never quit fighting for a second even when the game was totally out of reach. He was literally the only Patriot who distinguished himself and just kept grinding and I decided right there that the kid had the "heart of a lion". It's a cliche', sure, but it popped into my head during that game and it turned out to be true for 12 years.

Since that game I don't know how many times I've said that phrase about him, but it has to be a hundred. I loved the guy. His will to succeed was simply incredible.

Whatever he gave the fans during his playing days, the thing that I'll be eternally grateful for is that he decided that he was retiring as a Patriot and there was no other place for him. That means something to me.

I'll make sure I save my voice for halftime so I can let him hear what I think of him.

I'll be the guy in section 239 yelling "HEART OF A LION"!!!!! with everything I can bring.
You’re right about that game. I think welker had suffered that bad injury in the weeks before? And the days when we had Tully Banta Cain at LB and Merriweather as a DB……Jules was incredible, the fight he showed in that game when all was lost was so admirable and you can imagine how he would have moved up in Bill’s estimation after that.

I get the impression Frank is cut from the same cloth as Bill and Jules appreciated that.

You’re right about that game. I think welker had suffered that bad injury in the weeks before? And the days when we had Tully Banta Cain at LB and Merriweather as a DB……Jules was incredible, the fight he showed in that game when all was lost was so admirable and you can imagine how he would have moved up in Bill’s estimation after that.

I get the impression Frank is cut from the same cloth as Bill and Jules appreciated that.
Curran did a podcast piece with Edelman's dad I think during the summer. Talk about tough as nails. And you're right: raved about Bill and how his tough approach was perfect for his kid. Unlike a recent helicopter parent's embarrassing whine-fest this past week.

Cool my first granddaughter the cancer survivor is Lily great name ....

~Dee~

Thank you
I’ve got a few granddaughters and 2 grandsons but she is the first and she’s now 12. She is a very special kid

~Dee~
Thank you I’m trying to give a thanks but for whatever reason I can’t so I appreciate your thoughts

~Dee+

And did anyone mention ( I don't remember) that apart from his all-time clutch, he also retires with a perfect 158.3 passer rating (IIRC)?

Back