The List

Mr Douchewaffle !

mercury-morris.JPG

Ohhh don't forget about Skip "Brainless"

Skipper and the entire First Take crew just determined that since Gronks knee needs surgery, and some doctor said he's 'toast', the Pats have "NO CHANCE" 0.. none.. nada... zip....

Meh, I've seen comments just as harmless lauded as "bulletin board material," by Patriot's players and fans.

Sorry guys, you don't get to claim every comment another team makes, regardless of how benign, is disrespectful and then get mad when another team does the same thing to you.

No dice, Jaric.

The New York media spent the last week fawning over the Giants with puppy dog eyes while their players took turns pointing out how terrible and cheap the Patriots are, and all but guaranteeing a NY victory.

Then Brady, at the team rally, says, "We're going to try hard and hopefully we win" and it is cause for uproar?

If the Patriots shot their mouths off all week, and still bitched about anyone else saying something then you might have a case. But they haven't, so you don't.

No dice, Jaric.

The New York media spent the last week fawning over the Giants with puppy dog eyes while their players took turns pointing out how terrible and cheap the Patriots are, and all but guaranteeing a NY victory.

Then Brady, at the team rally, says, "We're going to try hard and hopefully we win" and it is cause for uproar?

If the Patriots shot their mouths off all week, and still bitched about anyone else saying something then you might have a case. But they haven't, so you don't.
Never said he said anything wrong.

Only that the Patriots have made turning benign comments into "disrespect" into an art form. Well, now someone is doing the same thing back so bitching about it is pretty hypocritical.

Sorry.

Only that the Patriots have made turning benign comments into "disrespect" into an art form. Well, now someone is doing the same thing back so bitching about it is pretty hypocritical.

Sorry.

You didn't understand what I wrote.

Sorry.

Patriots FANS may have in your eyes but the team DOES NOT do that Jaric. They never speak with ANYTHING but respect for their opponents. Gotta keep the two separate.

You didn't understand what I wrote.
And you didn't undertand what I wrote.

Look, I'm not saying Brady did or said anything wrong. He obviously didn't. That isn't the point.

The point is that over the past decade your team has played the disrespect card on any and everything to the point where it's become the subject of parody. (link)

Now, someone else is doing the same thing to you.

Patriots FANS may have in your eyes but the team DOES NOT do that Jaric. They never speak with ANYTHING but respect for their opponents. Gotta keep the two separate.

They've definitely done that, but that isn't what matters here. The NY media was entralled by NY saying a bunch if genuinely disrespectful stuff, but then are aghast at a much more innocuous statement by Brady.

That is why this is silly. Rodney's adventures in respect are entirely irrelevent.

And you didn't undertand what I wrote.

Look, I'm not saying Brady did or said anything wrong. He obviously didn't. That isn't the point.

The point is that over the past decade your team has played the disrespect card on any and everything to the point where it's become the subject of parody. (link)

Now, someone else is doing the same thing to you.

I do understand, you just aren't getting what I wrote. Taken from above:

The NY media was entralled by NY saying a bunch if genuinely disrespectful stuff, but then are aghast at a much more innocuous statement by Brady.

That is why this is silly. Rodney's adventures in respect are entirely irrelevent.

They've definitely done that, but that isn't what matters here. The NY media was entralled by NY saying a bunch if genuinely disrespectful stuff, but then are aghast at a much more innocuous statement by Brady.

I'm not saying they aren't being silly too.

I personally find NFL players bitching about disrespect to be one of the dumbest things in all of sports. Like Skip Bayless dumb.

I do understand, you just aren't getting what I wrote. Taken from above:
They are relevent in the sense it's hypocritical to support Rodney when he did it (which pretty much everyone did) and then bitch about another team doing the same thing.

Look, if Jaric had his way any NFL player who even said the word disrespect would be subject to at least a four game suspension. It's beyond retarded.

They are relevent in the sense it's hypocritical to support Rodney when he did it (which pretty much everyone did) and then bitch about another team doing the same thing.

Look, if Jaric had his way any NFL player who even said the word disrespect would be subject to at least a four game suspension. It's beyond retarded.

But, again, you are talking about entirely different scenarios. As much as we love Rodney, I think even we understood he played that card too liberally. Still, he at least kept his mouth shut until he got on the field, so he was consistent. The Giants and NY media are claiming disrespect despite making multiple statements that were more inflammatory just in the last 5 days.

Apples and oranges.

Back