?The Man in the Arena? documentary, starring Tom Brady.

Kontradiction

4x Covid Survivor
Reaction score
“The Man in the Arena” documentary, starring Tom Brady.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...a-tom-brady-docuseries-produced-by-tom-brady/

The Last Dance was just the opening act.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, ESPN has ordered a docuseries focusing on the career of quarterback Tom Brady.

The nine-episode series, Man in the Arena, will be produced by Gotham Chopra’s Religion of Sports and Brady’s new 199 Productions. It will offer Brady’s “first-hand accounts of pivotal moments in his career, including all nine of his Super Bowl appearances with the New England Patriots.” The docuseries is due to be televised in 2021.

But it’s not really a documentary in the classic sense, in the same way that The Last Dance wasn’t a documentary in the classic sense. Michael Jordan had control over the content of The Last Dance, and Brady surely will have control over Man in the Arena. (He should start exercising that control by coming up with a better name for it, frankly.)

302.jpg

Very interesting. Although I agree that The Man in the Arena is a piss poor name. The Last Dance at least made sense.

Good question.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Good answer.

I think things get put into production before the player even knows about it. When the MJ thing was going on, people were screaming for a Brady and Belichick one. I am not sure players hate ESPN like we do, they probably have more problems with some of the reporters, but Brady likes Reiss and he is there.

I think things get put into production before the player even knows about it.

Not in this case. It's TB's production company.

It surprises me that he'd give those assoles at ESPN anything. They deliberately tried to ruin his professional reputation with lies.
I don't think it's 100% money. I think since he's been with Giz and Alex G, he has become a branding conscious person, and this is another piece of that. And I do think he is like a born again christian in regards to his deep belief in Alex G's method.He wants to spread the word, using himself as the example.
How bad is my insomnia that I'm sitting around at 11:17 analyzing marketing schemes of other teams' qbs? 🤣

It surprises me that he'd give those assoles at ESPN anything. They deliberately tried to ruin his professional reputation with lies.
I don't think it's 100% money. I think since he's been with Giz and Alex G, he has become a branding conscious person, and this is another piece of that. And I do think he is like a born again christian in regards to his deep belief in Alex G's method.He wants to spread the word, using himself as the example.
How bad is my insomnia that I'm sitting around at 11:17 analyzing marketing schemes of other teams' qbs? 🤣

I think it's part of the reason he wanted to leave NE, to spread his brand and business muscle. No question he can do that more freely in Tampa. Brady has been evolving the past number of years. He went from a player who did rare endorsements and public interaction to more of a personality, brand awareness focus off the field. He resisted social media for years but then went all in and has seen the worth if it to his brand. TB12 is a big focus for him and we'll have had two major productions now on his life, this one included. He's been busy trademarking names in Tampa and I think there will be a lot more visibility of him and his businesses going forward.

The time between OTAs and start of TC has always been the worst time of the year for football, like mud season is to hiking. Because of no OTAs this year the time is even longer. Even marginally related football talk is better than nothing.

I think it's part of the reason he wanted to leave NE, to spread his brand and business muscle. No question he can do that more freely in Tampa. Brady has been evolving the past number of years. He went from a player who did rare endorsements and public interaction to more of a personality, brand awareness focus off the field. He resisted social media for years but then went all in and has seen the worth if it to his brand. TB12 is a big focus for him and we'll have had two major productions now on his life, this one included. He's been busy trademarking names in Tampa and I think there will be a lot more visibility of him and his businesses going forward.

I agree with both of you. We saw TB opening up on IG 4-5 years ago building his personal brand through a form of image marketing that happened to be free of charge. His and his family's image were carefully modeled for a life after football, whether that was the TB brand or whatever he wanted to pursue. His personal image took a big hit starting with deflategate and sunk deeper with his association with Trump. Those hits had to be countered quickly but carefully. Spreading the TB Brand influence to Florida or anywhere else made all the sense in the world to me. It also made sense for TB's handlers to keep Guerrero in the background the last 2-3 years since he's such a polarizing figure. They've done a good job of that; we've heard little about him since Wickersham's sham but make no mistake, AG is still right there with Brady.

His first big success with TB12 was his books and Brady saw huge potential. TB12's books have been on best seller lists and Simon and Schuster had to increase production several times over the past 4 years. His $200 diet book sold out in weeks back in 2016. His first TB12 Method book hit #1 on the NYTimes best seller list within 2 months of production in 2017. His TB12Simon.com can gladly sell you his books online. Then there's TB12limited.com which sells all his sku's including his $200 "Athlete Recovery Sleepwear" (pajamas) that use "RedWave" technology (infrared radiation) to help speed recovery and give a great night's sleep. Take a tour; you'll be surprised at the width of merchandise sold there. Building a larger base of fans who use motivated reasoning to pay big bucks to buy his stuff is smart, imo. To me, it's no different than buying a Brady Patriots jersey back in 2001.

I think you are right here. There has already been a lot more visibility to TB12 in the last couple of years. The signs were there. We just missed them.

I might have mentioned elsewhere that a few years ago I bought Brady's book, The TB12 Method. Very interesting description of how a modern athlete squeezes the ultimate perfromance out of a human body using methods other than tossing heavy weights around. Make sense, especially if you recall how Tippett said his black belt was such a help on the field. Or Neil and his wrestling prowess.

It was pretty useless as a guide for a non-super athlete, though.

I picked up the Shawn Talbot book Chev talked about in the Brady is Gone thread, plus another of his (Talbot's) books on Kindle. Undertaker also had an awesome thread a few years ago but I can't seem to find it.

The time between OTAs and start of TC has always been the worst time of the year for football, like mud season is to hiking. Because of no OTAs this year the time is even longer. Even marginally related football talk is better than nothing.

Even Fake NFL news

My question is , why team up with ESPN, an organization that routinely pisses all over Brady?

Agree. Hell, one could argue that ESPN is responsible for deflate gate. They said he was guilty so many times it became an altered reality.

He has lost his mind dealing with them. More hate there than is reasonable. Maybe they could free up kellerman to narrate the thing?

Ya, sure, that would be fair.

Agree. Hell, one could argue that ESPN is responsible for deflate gate. They said he was guilty so many times it became an altered reality.

He has lost his mind dealing with them. More hate there than is reasonable. Maybe they could free up kellerman to narrate the thing?

Ya, sure, that would be fair.

Brady is clearly focused on maximizing his cash flow as he exits the game. Nothing wrong with that, but to join forces with fucking ESPN, which most of us have foresworn, is just pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

...but to join forces with fucking ESPN, which most of us have foresworn, is just pathetic.

Agree.

I visit espn a couple/few times a month to read Mike Reiss column on Sunday mornings and only his Sunday morning quick hits column or a Patriots game if it is only available there. Nothing else interests me.

Screw them

Brady is clearly focused on maximizing his cash flow as he exits the game. Nothing wrong with that, but to join forces with fucking ESPN, which most of us have foresworn, is just pathetic.

ESPN sucks, but they're more of a symptom of the root of the problem. The problem stems from idiotic fans, there are so many, and ESPN just serves up the idiot dish they're all so ready to eat.

Maybe not even idiots, but people who blame all their problems on everything other than themselves. They transition that mentality to their favorite team in the form of thinking something nefarious had to happen. Couldn't be that they're favorite team just wasn't good enough.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The bolded indicates that you believe there is something wrong with maximizing his earnings.

Back