?The Man in the Arena? documentary, starring Tom Brady.

“The Man in the Arena” documentary, starring Tom Brady.

You should stop reading what the media says Pats09. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

While I agree. If a reporter reports something they need to make sure what they are reporting is true or they are in fact just as responsible. Everyone wants to be the first to get something out, so they tend to overlook if something is actually correct or not.

Nevermind. You’re just not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jesus.
Nevermind.
Apparently you don’t see how asinine it is for Brady to get into bed with ESPN. Seems like most of us get it.
Different values. If Brady wants to maximize his earnings above all else then ESPN is the answer. In the long run it might even improve positioning his TB12 brand, which seems to be his end game. Me, I'd never deal with those dickwads but then I ain't never going to have a $6 mil mansion, either.

Nevermind. You’re just not worth it.

I think some people just enjoy fucking with other people. I recently put two people on ignore so I'll only see their posts when they are quoted. I don't like ignore, so far I think I've only had Hogfarmer and D. Cool-ade on ignore, but I think I'll enjoy the forum more now.

I think some people just enjoy fucking with other people. I recently put two people on ignore so I'll only see their posts when they are quoted. I don't like ignore, so far I think I've only had Hogfarmer and D. Cool-ade on ignore, but I think I'll enjoy the forum more now.

Yeah, I've never used ignore. My theory is that I should have the personal discipline to ignore the noise. Don't click on their posts or just laugh it off because in fact, it may annoy me but it can only affect me if I allow it to.

But it can get pretty damn annoying, and my "theory" from rime to time gets severely tested.

Cheers

The NFL Network guys were nowhere near as virulent as ESPN when it came to deflategate. At least the NFLN has guys like Deion, Irvin, Willie Mac and more who are not hysterically yelling about Patriot conspiracy theories every chance they get. Even Rich Eisen who is a Jets fan wasn't doing it.

The only NFLN guy really going after Brady was Michael Silver, who is a bit of a twat really and can't seem to forgive Brady and BB from eclipsing his beloved 49ers.

You should stop reading what the media says Pats09. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

While I agree. If a reporter reports something they need to make sure what they are reporting is true or they are in fact just as responsible. Everyone wants to be the first to get something out, so they tend to overlook if something is actually correct or not.

That's what should happen, but doesn't. Reason? Ratings. Clicks. Ad revenue. The reporters are under pressure from their editors, and their editors are under impression from their bosses, to get the story out ASAP... whether or not it's right be damned.

Plus, mortensen knew it was wrong AGES before he admitted it publicly. he can die in a fire. i do agree some kensil like person handed it to him. but i also know that mort is very close to the manning family and probably enjoyed sticking it to the pats

I agree. He had plenty of time to retract that, but didn't until only recently. But those numbers did not come from out of nowhere. He didn't just make them up. That was fed to him.

Jesus.
Nevermind.
Apparently you don’t see how asinine it is for Brady to get into bed with ESPN. Seems like most of us get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, I don't get it. I'm businessman with a business background and a business education. In that world, you make the deal with the most lucrative entity and leave hurt feelings at the door. The most lucrative entity for Brady and his brand right now is ESPN unless you have another media outlet/offer that you'd like to show me. So no, I don't get the stance that hurt feelings should trump potential ROI on something like this. That sounds completely asinine to me. Perhaps you can flesh out this stance a bit more for me so I can see the other side of things and, hopefully, empathize a bit more with the point?

Kontra, I agree re: leaving hurt feelings at the door. It's something I've always admired about BB. With rare exceptions, he will still deal with assholes if it makes his team better.
BUT...while I do not begrudge TB a bit for taking his best deal, I do feel that the line he crossed is not one I would. I get, and have dealt with, having to cooperate with someone at work trying to sabotage me and hurt my professional reputation. We probably all have at some point. It sucks. I'd be damned if I would EVER deal outside of my job(which this is for TB, his brand, not his profession) with someone who tried to impugn my name like that. It's not hurt feelings. How could you trust them?

Kontra, I agree re: leaving hurt feelings at the door. It's something I've always admired about BB. With rare exceptions, he will still deal with assholes if it makes his team better.
BUT...while I do not begrudge TB a bit for taking his best deal, I do feel that the line he crossed is not one I would. I get, and have dealt with, having to cooperate with someone at work trying to sabotage me and hurt my professional reputation. We probably all have at some point. It sucks. I'd be damned if I would EVER deal outside of my job(which this is for TB, his brand, not his profession) with someone who tried to impugn my name like that. It's not hurt feelings. How could you trust them?

1. Brady has creative control over the final product.

2. ESPN's documentary division is a different cost center than, say, SportsCenter.

3. ESPN maximizes exposure for this doc, which is what you're looking for when you're doing anything to market you and your brand (and make no mistake about it, this is definitely about the TB12 brand).

Sadly its the biggest game in town, and again Reiss is part of it. I get what you are saying as they are awful when it comes to some of the reports they have done on not just him but everyone, but we look at things a bit different than players do, and I am sure he is ok with who he is directly working with. Its not like him and Wickersham have hooked up. lol.

I don't dump on all of ESPN for a few bad apples. In other words, Reiss is great, true. And I think Schefter was always 100% on the" Ballghazi is BS" train and was vocal about it. And they have Ninko and Tedy and Matt Hasselbeck and Lou Riddick. So I do watch the people I like there. I guess I'm just still not used to the whole TB brand thing being the biggest driver for him.

I don't dump on all of ESPN for a few bad apples. In other words, Reiss is great, true. And I think Schefter was always 100% on the" Ballghazi is BS" train and was vocal about it. And they have Ninko and Tedy and Matt Hasselbeck and Lou Riddick. So I do watch the people I like there. I guess I'm just still not used to the whole TB brand thing being the biggest driver for him.

Ehhhh. I think the biggest driver is still football, but he has two years left. I think if the biggest driver weren’t still football, and was the TB12 brand instead, he wouldn’t have left for Tampa Bay. He’d still be here, IMO. Staying put was better for the brand while going to Tampa maximizes his chance of winning at least one more Lombardi in the two years he has left.

Its not. He does not have to play football at all. He could retire and never have to ever worry about money. If it was just his Brand he would not be playing football anymore, he would have quit years ago. He was probably approached after the Jordan thing was such a hit and he agreed to it. He is not 23, this is the time to do these things.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Ehhhh. I think the biggest driver is still football, but he has two years left. I think if the biggest driver weren’t still football, and was the TB12 brand instead, he wouldn’t have left for Tampa Bay. He’d still be here, IMO. Staying put was better for the brand while going to Tampa maximizes his chance of winning at least one more Lombardi in the two years he has left.

I should have read your post, I said the same thing. lol. I have said for years, he does not have to play, there is nothing to prove, yet he continues to try and prove...If his only concern was his Brand, he would not be who he is.

Going to Tampa is clearly better for his brand as he shares this new journey with a whole new fanbase and consumers thus driving growth. There is even bigger interest in Tom now that he's moved to TB. The sporting world is watching intently and the TV ratings for Buc games will go through the roof.

Of course football is a factor as well, it's both brand and football, they are not mutually exclusive. Tom launched TB12 four years ago and has been carefully building the brand and his other ventures while still playing.

1. Brady has creative control over the final product.

2. ESPN's documentary division is a different cost center than, say, SportsCenter.

3. ESPN maximizes exposure for this doc, which is what you're looking for when you're doing anything to market you and your brand (and make no mistake about it, this is definitely about the TB12 brand).

Absolutely.

Yeah, the TB12 brand is his real empire-making entity and he knows it. ("Thanks, Mr. Kraft, for all your advice on getting it started!") He's been motivated for several years to improve his personal image with the public at large. He (&/or his people) have used social media for warm and fuzzy image enhancement directed at fans, haters and the non-sports fans alike. It's also apparent that his polarizing partner, Alex G., has faded out of the limelight quite a bit after the Wickersham expose. AG may still be involved, at least until TB12's more professional experts, advisors & consultants have taken over his growing dynasty. That may already have happened actually. TB's goal is a generational dynasty with TB12.

Going to Tampa is clearly better for his brand as he shares this new journey with a whole new fanbase and consumers thus driving growth. There is even bigger interest in Tom now that he's moved to TB. The sporting world is watching intently and the TV ratings for Buc games will go through the roof.

Of course football is a factor as well, it's both brand and football, they are not mutually exclusive. Tom launched TB12 four years ago and has been carefully building the brand and his other ventures while still playing.

Can you explain to me how, in the age of Globalization, going to Tampa is "clearly better for his brand" vs. staying in New England? Not trying to nitpick. I'm legitimately interested in the take.

Absolutely.

Yeah, the TB12 brand is his real empire-making entity and he knows it. ("Thanks, Mr. Kraft, for all your advice on getting it started!") He's been motivated for several years to improve his personal image with the public at large. He (&/or his people) have used social media for warm and fuzzy image enhancement directed at fans, haters and the non-sports fans alike. It's also apparent that his polarizing partner, Alex G., has faded out of the limelight quite a bit after the Wickersham expose. AG may still be involved, at least until TB12's more professional experts, advisors & consultants have taken over his growing dynasty. That may already have happened actually. TB's goal is a generational dynasty with TB12.

And ESPN, The NFL Network, FSI and all the usual suspects won't miss a day of coverage. He will likely have more hours of media exposure than any other player.

Cheers.

And ESPN, The NFL Network, FSI and all the usual suspects won't miss a day of coverage. He will likely have more hours of media exposure than any other player.

Cheers.

This makes it all the more odd that he would would risk his reputation selling $45 vitamin C pills.
https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2...d-as-unethical-by-medical-experts-report.html

By Chris Mason | cmason@masslive.com
Tom Brady’s new TB12 supplement has drawn the ire of some in the medical community.

Brady’s nutritional brand released “Protect” this week. For $45, consumers get 60 pills — two are to be taken each morning — and there are just five ingredients: Vitamin C, Zinc, Elderberry, Larch Tree Extract and Beta Glucan.

On the TB12 website, Brady’s company boasts a boost to the immune system.

“Your focus on recovery should go beyond your muscles,” the description says. “Whether you’re finishing up a tough workout or having a stressful week, recovery extends to an essential bodily function – your immune system. We designed Protect to do just that – help your immune system recover from the effects of stress, optimize its response, and keep you feeling your best.”

But amidst the coronavirus pandemic, a few medical experts found the supplement’s release eyebrow-raising, and blasted its effectiveness to Forbes’ Alex Reimer.

“Some of the things I thought were a little worrisome about this were the convenient timing with COVID-19, and I hope people can see the timing is very convenient,” registered dietetic technician Olivia Fitzgerald told Reimer. “It’s a high price point during an economic crisis. He’s kind of preying a little bit, in my eyes.”

“You’re basically pissing your money away,” Marino said. “I don’t think a lot of the marketing that goes into supplements is ethical, but especially in this case. It’s very clear this was timed to be released during this pandemic. The way it’s been marketed highlights a lot of people’s fears.”

This isn’t the first time Brady and TB12 have produced a questionable product amid the COVID-19 outbreak. Back in March, the company promoted a $147 bundle of supplements as “immune enhancers."

Can you explain to me how, in the age of Globalization, going to Tampa is "clearly better for his brand" vs. staying in New England? Not trying to nitpick. I'm legitimately interested in the take.

It's not. Tampa was one of the lowest markets in the NFL with the weakest fanbase.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

This makes it all the more odd that he would would risk his reputation selling $45 vitamin C pills.
https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2...d-as-unethical-by-medical-experts-report.html

By Chris Mason | cmason@masslive.com
Tom Brady’s new TB12 supplement has drawn the ire of some in the medical community.

Brady’s nutritional brand released “Protect” this week. For $45, consumers get 60 pills — two are to be taken each morning — and there are just five ingredients: Vitamin C, Zinc, Elderberry, Larch Tree Extract and Beta Glucan.

On the TB12 website, Brady’s company boasts a boost to the immune system.

“Your focus on recovery should go beyond your muscles,” the description says. “Whether you’re finishing up a tough workout or having a stressful week, recovery extends to an essential bodily function – your immune system. We designed Protect to do just that – help your immune system recover from the effects of stress, optimize its response, and keep you feeling your best.”

But amidst the coronavirus pandemic, a few medical experts found the supplement’s release eyebrow-raising, and blasted its effectiveness to Forbes’ Alex Reimer.

“Some of the things I thought were a little worrisome about this were the convenient timing with COVID-19, and I hope people can see the timing is very convenient,” registered dietetic technician Olivia Fitzgerald told Reimer. “It’s a high price point during an economic crisis. He’s kind of preying a little bit, in my eyes.”

“You’re basically pissing your money away,” Marino said. “I don’t think a lot of the marketing that goes into supplements is ethical, but especially in this case. It’s very clear this was timed to be released during this pandemic. The way it’s been marketed highlights a lot of people’s fears.”

This isn’t the first time Brady and TB12 have produced a questionable product amid the COVID-19 outbreak. Back in March, the company promoted a $147 bundle of supplements as “immune enhancers."

Hasn't this been discussed? Bob Smith has a immune booster at GNC. Lets get him!!!

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Not uncommon for top athletes. Ask Michael Jordan. Thing is though with Brady and Jordan, they have never let that interfere with what they do on the field. AS far as Tampa being a better market...wow...He didnt go to Tampa for their market, he went there because they offered him a contract and they had a pretty good team. It didnt matter what team he went to, people would be watching. Any ratings in any city would have went up, not just for Tampa. In fact Tampa was probably the worst place he could have went for that.

Easy, it's like the internet and clicks. The brand currency of TB12 is very likely to grow simply due to the increase in interest that Brady himself and by extension, his brands will attract by starting off in a new team and away from the team he was so successful with for nearly 20 years. The sporting world will be watching intently.

There is a new market starting in Tampa for him, a new market and that will extend across Florida. Plus, let's be honest, he will still have the loyalty and interest from a vast majority of Patriot fans. On a short term basis, the Bucs look in better shape than the Pats with better weapons for Tom, plus Gronk and the potential is there for an explosive offense. All of this generates attention, more followers on social media. more "clicks" and more exposure.

Brady was already huge in NE, had been steadily building the TB12 brand starting in 2016 and he can take this to the next level in Tampa. The fans that show up t Bucs games are not the target. As ever, it's the millions who will be tuning in to follow Brady to see how he gets on and what happens in this post BB world for Tom.

People love a story, brands love a story and this is a compelling one.

Easy, it's like the internet and clicks. The brand currency of TB12 is very likely to grow simply due to the increase in interest that Brady himself and by extension, his brands will attract by starting off in a new team and away from the team he was so successful with for nearly 20 years. The sporting world will be watching intently.

There is a new market starting in Tampa for him, a new market and that will extend across Florida. Plus, let's be honest, he will still have the loyalty and interest from a vast majority of Patriot fans. On a short term basis, the Bucs look in better shape than the Pats with better weapons for Tom, plus Gronk and the potential is there for an explosive offense. All of this generates attention, more followers on social media. more "clicks" and more exposure.

Brady was already huge in NE, had been steadily building the TB12 brand starting in 2016 and he can take this to the next level in Tampa. The fans that show up t Bucs games are not the target. As ever, it's the millions who will be tuning in to follow Brady to see how he gets on and what happens in this post BB world for Tom.

People love a story, brands love a story and this is a compelling one.

Yeah, I agree with all this. Great idea. Just like Gronk lingering like Favre. Kept him in the news. Now Brady has this huge storyline. Brillian, actually.

I just don't know why he has to do that scammy $45 multivitamin thing.

It's like his car. He's selling his Caddy. Had it customized and cost him $350,00. That's cool. He has the money why not customize his ride. So now he's going to sell it, and that's cool too, but why claim the car helped him play better on the field? WTF? Just sell the damn thing.

Back