?The Man in the Arena? documentary, starring Tom Brady.

Easy, it's like the internet and clicks.

He's had this already in spades, though. Plus a documentary (albeit on Facebook) to go with it where he weirdly kissed his son on the lips while he was shirtless.

The brand currency of TB12 is very likely to grow simply due to the increase in interest that Brady himself and by extension, his brands will attract by starting off in a new team and away from the team he was so successful with for nearly 20 years.

The growth in his brand will come more from the documentary, from a marketing standpoint, than moving to Tampa. I gather you're likely from outside the U.S. (my apologies if I'm mistaken here), but Tampa is a small football market. Hell, a good number of fans in attendance at most of their games in the next two seasons will probably be Pats fans living in Florida. This move was purely based on the fact that Tampa (minus Brady) was more ready to win now than New England (minus Brady).

The sporting world will be watching intently.

They've always been watching him intently.

There is a new market starting in Tampa for him, a new market and that will extend across Florida. Plus, let's be honest, he will still have the loyalty and interest from a vast majority of Patriot fans. On a short term basis, the Bucs look in better shape than the Pats with better weapons for Tom, plus Gronk and the potential is there for an explosive offense. All of this generates attention, more followers on social media. more "clicks" and more exposure.

Brady was already huge in NE, had been steadily building the TB12 brand starting in 2016 and he can take this to the next level in Tampa. The fans that show up t Bucs games are not the target. As ever, it's the millions who will be tuning in to follow Brady to see how he gets on and what happens in this post BB world for Tom.

People love a story, brands love a story and this is a compelling one.

I just don't see how Tampa is a move based on expanding his brand more than a pure football move. If it was more about expanding his brand, there are plenty of other bigger market teams that he could have gone to. But in the age of Globalism, that doesn't matter. Your brand can be expanded in North Dakota while you live in Maine if you want to. Pure and simple, this was about football and maximizing his chances to win one or two more before he hangs it up for good. That he's trying to maximize TB12's exposure is secondary.

Kontra, I wouldn't underestimate the liklihood that he will feel more free to post a lot more stuff on social media being anywhere else. And Tampa has a coach who says whatever comes to his mind at a given moment, so he's not likely to object to any outside football interests.

Kontra, I wouldn't underestimate the liklihood that he will feel more free to post a lot more stuff on social media being anywhere else. And Tampa has a coach who says whatever comes to his mind at a given moment, so he's not likely to object to any outside football interests.

Yeah, I mean he pretty much already has with that comment aimed at the media. But, marketing-wise for TB12, it hasn't seemed like he's been muzzled. BB probably encouraged him to make his money elsewhere so he would keep accepting lower deals than what the GOAT was worth, which obviously then helps the football team.

Yeah, I mean he pretty much already has with that comment aimed at the media. But, marketing-wise for TB12, it hasn't seemed like he's been muzzled. BB probably encouraged him to make his money elsewhere so he would keep accepting lower deals than what the GOAT was worth, which obviously then helps the football team.

You can't deny that is is a totally new direction for Brady. It's exciting, it will generate even more interest in him to see how he gets on with this new team. You can't deny that.

You can't deny that is is a totally new direction for Brady. It's exciting, it will generate even more interest in him to see how he gets on with this new team. You can't deny that.

Can you actually tell a Kontradictor what he can't deny? :huh:

It'll certainly be interesting watching Brady with a new team, new head coach, finally with top WRs AND top TEs. And to hear his post game press conference with the Patriot restrictions.

I may even start watching NFL Live and NFLN again.

Kudos to the NFL scheduling gurus to allow us to watch both Pats and Bus live except for a couple of games. I only wish we were playing the Bucs in the pre-season.

It'll certainly be interesting watching Brady with a new team, new head coach, finally with top WRs AND top TEs. And to hear his post game press conference with the Patriot restrictions.

Kudos to the NFL scheduling gurus to allow us to watch both Pats and Bus live except for a couple of games. I only wish we were playing the Bucs in the pre-season.

The NFC South will really become one of the must-watch divisions. The Saints are a very good team already and a strong pick to get deep into the playoffs. Brady v Brees is a great box office attraction and then you have the Falcons with Matty Ice and Julio and a new regime in Carolina with Teddy and co.

It might even rival the SEC this season!

I might look at box scores, but I doubt I watch many Tampa games. I didnt watch lions games when they got Amendola. Its getting hard for me to just watch any other teams play anymore without a rooting interest.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Yeah, I agree with all this. Great idea. Just like Gronk lingering like Favre. Kept him in the news. Now Brady has this huge storyline. Brillian, actually.

I just don't know why he has to do that scammy $45 multivitamin thing.

It's like his car. He's selling his Caddy. Had it customized and cost him $350,00. That's cool. He has the money why not customize his ride. So now he's going to sell it, and that's cool too, but why claim the car helped him play better on the field? WTF? Just sell the damn thing.

Well its more of his company selling it, but why not. Its literally sold all over the place, and I dont take it so I do not know what it does or if it works, but I know people that swear immune boosters help. He is not selling something that will hurt you, so I dont really care. 45 dollars is standard price for that crap. I mean it costs too much to go to a football game too, but people do it.

Any change is inherently exciting. But Tampa is a small market. If it was about expanding the brand and bringing a new level of marketing awareness to it/trying to attract a completely different (and lucrative) customer segment, he could have just as easily gone to LA. The move to Tampa was done with an opportunity to win being the foremost concern. Everything else from there is secondary, IMO.

Any change is inherently exciting. But Tampa is a small market. If it was about expanding the brand and bringing a new level of marketing awareness to it/trying to attract a completely different (and lucrative) customer segment, he could have just as easily gone to LA. The move to Tampa was done with an opportunity to win being the foremost concern. Everything else from there is secondary, IMO.

Exactly. Tampa is not where you go to expand your brand. lol To say that is his intent is silly. The notion he left the patriots to expand his product....man it does not take people long to go after a former player. Yeah thanks for those 20 years, but you are leaving my team only because you want more money. Wow

The NFC South will really become one of the must-watch divisions. The Saints are a very good team already and a strong pick to get deep into the playoffs. Brady v Brees is a great box office attraction and then you have the Falcons with Matty Ice and Julio and a new regime in Carolina with Teddy and co.

It might even rival the SEC this season!
How things change. The AFCE and NFCS could be the toughest divisions in the league to predict division standings 11-4.

On TheAthletic I just added the Bucs and Bills to the Pats as teams I'm following. This is going to be a fun season. I'd love to see a Pats-Bills AFCCG. And a 49ers-Bucs NFCCG. Superbowl of...well, if I said Pats I'd be told to pump the brakes, so I won''t say it, but.... :coffee:

Exactly. Tampa is not where you go to expand your brand. lol To say that is his intent is silly. The notion he left the patriots to expand his product....man it does not take people long to go after a former player. Yeah thanks for those 20 years, but you are leaving my team only because you want more money. Wow

I really do wish you would focus on what people are actually saying. Nobody is saying his move to Tampa is solely because of his desire for brand building. He went because he got a great deal from Tampa, they have a good offense and he clearly wanted a change to see out his career.

But...the move to Tampa will also help the brand clearly. Those two things, the desire to play football with the Bucs and his desire to build the brand are not mutually exclusive. You can have both.

Tampa's market size is irrelevant as Tom and indeed the NFL, are a NATIONAL and International concern. The league is broadcast all around the world. The whole world can watch the games, watch NFLN, access web content on NFL.com, ESPN, Bleacherreport etc not to mention the tonnes of content on YouTube and social media. It's never been about how many people you get into a stadium but how many watch on TV, that's what drives the revenue to the league and the teams. And the world will be watching Tom Brady now more than they ever have.

I really do wish you would focus on what people are actually saying. Nobody is saying his move to Tampa is solely because of his desire for brand building. He went because he got a great deal from Tampa, they have a good offense and he clearly wanted a change to see out his career.

But...the move to Tampa will also help the brand clearly. Those two things, the desire to play football with the Bucs and his desire to build the brand are not mutually exclusive. You can have both.

Tampa's market size is irrelevant as Tom and indeed the NFL, are a NATIONAL and International concern. The league is broadcast all around the world. The whole world can watch the games, watch NFLN, access web content on NFL.com, ESPN, Bleacherreport etc not to mention the tonnes of content on YouTube and social media. It's never been about how many people you get into a stadium but how many watch on TV, that's what drives the revenue to the league and the teams. And the world will be watching Tom Brady now more than they ever have.

Yeah, got it. Tom sucks and you are glad to get rid of him. Like he had nothing to do with all those championships and every loss we had for 20 years was his fault. If you really think we're going to win fifteen superbowls in a row now that he's gone I've got some bad news for you. lol. As soon as a player leaves out come the haters. Sad, really.

I didnt say that, I was laughing when you said his move to Tampa was based on raising his product and you did say that, it was funny, and I was not the only one that said anything about that. But then, you wont allow anyone to deny that, because they just can't.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Yeah, got it. Tom sucks and you are glad to get rid of him. Like he had nothing to do with all those championships and every loss we had for 20 years was his fault. If you really think we're going to win fifteen superbowls in a row now that he's gone I've got some bad news for you. lol. As soon as a player leaves out come the haters. Sad, really.

While you wrote all that, Stidham just got closer to the hall of fame. I heard a scout watched his 4 NFL passes and said he was the best he has ever seen. There is a rumor that He would have won the superbowl last year had he played because he is like an expert at throwing to non open receivers, best in the league they say, maybe ever.

I didnt say that, I was laughing when you said his move to Tampa was based on raising his product and you did say that, it was funny, and I was not the only one that said anything about that. But then, you wont allow anyone to deny that, because they just can't.

Again, I never said that....from the first page I clearly said "part of the reason".

Again, I never said that....from the first page I clearly said "part of the reason".

Well not sure it was part of the reason either. He had about two teams that were offering him contracts, and between Los Angeles and Tampa Bay, the market is a tad bigger in California. He said what his factors were, not sure we cannot just take that as his reasons. He wanted to say on the east coast so he could be near his son so it wouldnt be a hardship for him to see him. He had a couple things he was looking for, that was the one he mentioned. I am sure the other was how the offense was built, but he probably didnt want to slam the Chargers by saying that.

Well not sure it was part of the reason either. He had about two teams that were offering him contracts, and between Los Angeles and Tampa Bay, the market is a tad bigger in California. He said what his factors were, not sure we cannot just take that as his reasons. He wanted to say on the east coast so he could be near his son so it wouldnt be a hardship for him to see him. He had a couple things he was looking for, that was the one he mentioned. I am sure the other was how the offense was built, but he probably didnt want to slam the Chargers by saying that.

Wave if you've had enuff.

:wave:

Cheers

Right. Everyone BUT you.

Everyone else,

Wave if you've had enuff.

Cheers

I mean would that mean all would have to stop talking about it? Just curious, because I am all for it. I respond to posts, I am not creating them to start.

Back