The NFL 2023 Draft

When will the rape accusations start coming out of the woodwork for Jalen? :coffee:
It's not the masseuse in this case.

I mean, it's entirely possible he's tanking so he doesn't end up on a garbage team too. Fucking up that badly in a pro day is almost unheard of.
Last night some pundit or other suggested that he might fall out of the first round entirely, so...

It's not the masseuse in this case.

Yeah, that's why he's initially dropping...other than the poor workout.

Vince Wilfork dropped back in the day

If this guy is there at #14, would have to think about it

Jalen Carter’s scouting reports reads a lot to me like Richard Seymour back in the day. Can play multiple techniques. 3down versatile DLineman. Also had some concerns about his work ethic or maturity at the time. Incidentally also a Georgia product. Curious to map out which couple teams need a DLineman that would need to pass on him in order to drop to #14

Jalen Carter’s scouting reports reads a lot to me like Richard Seymour back in the day. Can play multiple techniques. 3down versatile DLineman. Also had some concerns about his work ethic or maturity at the time. Incidentally also a Georgia product. Curious to map out which couple teams need a DLineman that would need to pass on him in order to drop to #14
I wouldn’t be surprised if Pete Carroll takes him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Pete Carroll takes him.

Agree. A lot of 3-4 defense or former Pats-related scheme teams that would compete for the same player.

I haven't followed his recent legal troubles too closely. Not sure if he's just a knucklehead or if some if it can be explained away and still worth drafting him.

BB has filled some major holes through the draft but our draft needs are still OT, CB and WR first and then S and TE.
BPA is in full effect for those positions.

1st hand perspective.

Georgia's defensive players are able to stake a claim many can't.
The Bulldogs faced all four of the consensus top quarterbacks coming out in this year's NFL draft – Alabama's Bryce Young, Ohio State's C.J. Stroud, Florida's Anthony Richardson, and Kentucky's Will Levis. So they have thoughts.

In order, Stroud, Young, Richardson, Levis.

BB has filled some major holes through the draft but our draft needs are still OT, CB and WR first and then S and TE.
BPA is in full effect for those positions.

Agree on OT and CB except no more for WR and TE. Those 2 spots are set. There are already too many guys and not enough targets or passes to go around.

I think Parker is expendable right now. Would trust Gesicki or Henry more for any red zone targets, and any vertical deep throws would prefer to get Thornton going. Parker is basically worse than multiple other players for any situation whether it be for red zone or deep passes.

Agree on OT and CB except no more for WR and TE. Those 2 spots are set. There are already too many guys and not enough targets or passes to go around.

I think Parker is expendable right now. Would trust Gesicki or Henry more for any red zone targets, and any vertical deep throws would prefer to get Thornton going. Parker is basically worse than multiple other players for any situation whether it be for red zone or deep passes.

I'd trade Parker for a true WR1.
Gesicki is a 1 yr deal. A TE in this draft would prep the kid for next year. Preferably a TE who can block and catch.

Nope. They need a #1 WR.

Nope. They need a #1 WR.

But what’s your definition of a #1? The Pats under BB have never had a 1400yd receiver except for Moss. There are 5 guys now who can all get 800+ yards. Pass it to the open man.

I'd love us to get Peter Skoronski the OT. He is projected to go at 12 in the 1st round, we pick at 14, so it's very possible we could get him. He's a Patriot player, if ever there was one.

But what’s your definition of a #1? The Pats under BB have never had a 1400yd receiver except for Moss. There are 5 guys now who can all get 800+ yards. Pass it to the open man.
A stud WR who not necessarily already has the stats, but, has the talent to become one. I guess that's my point.

The antithesis of Harry... :coffee:

A stud WR who not necessarily already has the stats, but, has the talent to become one. I guess that's my point.

The antithesis of Harry... :coffee:

I’m hoping Thornton takes a big leap, otherwise that was a 2nd round bust pick….

Could Parker be released if he can't be traded? 0 cap hit. $6.2M savings/cap space added.
Come on, BB. Do it for a WR1.

Back