The NFL 2023 Draft

There have been one or two Pats drafts recently that made a lot of sense, but that's not the norm.

Bill trusts his own judgement and while he will listen to his scouts, he knows that the buck stops with him and is unafraid to
do anything regardless of public opinion. This is his best attribute. He doesn't care what anybody else thinks.

He has a sense of value in what a player means both financially and to his overall benefit to the team and those assessments
are the best in the business year in and year out. This doesn't mean everything works out perfectly because there are too
many variables involved, but anybody that has no respect for BB's judgement skills after all we've witnessed is delusional.

If he took Forsyth (or another Center) in the 1st round then I'd be very surprised, but would not be phazed by it.

The talking heads would all flip out and the angry contrarians here would pick right up on all of that, but our
guy would not care a bit and neither should we. If that makes me a "blind homer" then sign me up.

Anyhow, my guess is Forsyth is late 2nd day somewhere, but there are a few other Centers who might be better fits
here. I bring him up for the mental side, which is why Andrews is such a key for us and because it was an unusual
story. The Center who was allowed to check into a different play-- not just a blocking adjustment. Never heard that
one before and I'll be curious to see how he fares in the League wherever he ends up.
Can you imagine him checking into a different play on a qb like Aaron.

He's playing on his 5th year option of a fully guaranteed $12.6M.
If the Bengals trade him, they save that $12.6M in cap space with no dead money. If they release him, the $12.6M cap hit belongs to them so they won't release him.
He was the 11th pick of the 2019 draft.
He will cost a lot in draft capital and all of that $12.6M is fully guaranteed so there's no way to reduce his cap hit without re-doing his contract.
High draft pick instead then...

Ok, you TE guys, what do you think of this guy? Which round?

View: https://twitter.com/EricGalko/status/1637154480130080775

I don't know him at all, but his rep is as an excellent athlete and a tenacious blocker. Also, he's considered a body catcher
and projected as a reliable starter, but that was before the good numbers came in.

I've seen an NFL comparison for him to......wait for it........Jonnu Smith.

Maybe we should look at LaPorta or somebody if we're shooting for one of the day 2 guys.

:insane:

I don't know him at all, but his rep is as an excellent athlete and a tenacious blocker. Also, he's considered a body catcher
and projected as a reliable starter, but that was before the good numbers came in.

I've seen an NFL comparison for him to......wait for it........Jonnu Smith.

Maybe we should look at LaPorta or somebody if we're shooting for one of the day 2 guys.

:insane:
GIF by Hyper RPG

Ok, you TE guys, what do you think of this guy? Which round?

View: https://twitter.com/EricGalko/status/1637154480130080775

You can keep posting RAS scores and I’ll keep mentioning how combine scores in general (or composite scores like RAS) are stupid and bullsh-t except for a couple positions that require little actual football skill or football intelligence . How about draft reports on his skill as a TE pass catcher or TE run blocker.

Last edited:
You can keep posting RAS scores and I’ll keep mentioning how combine scores in general (or composite scores like RAS) are stupid and bullsh-t except for a couple positions that require little actual football skill or football intelligence . How about draft reports on his skill as a TE pass catcher or TE run blocker.

How about combining athleticism and skill to come up with a more complete player.

Daniel Jeremiah has stated that you draft TEs based on traits and not production because the college game doesn't get the same results out of a player as the pros do.

You can keep posting RAS scores and I’ll keep mentioning how combine scores in general (or composite scores like RAS) are stupid and bullsh-t
You have a talent for dismissing an entire body of knowledge or suite of analytics in order to throw shade on one of the most respected and knowledgeable posters on the Planet. Have you once posted anything that didn't include something designed to cause a disruption or try to get a negative reaction out of someone? When I lived in Indiana, you'd be termed, "Useless as tits on a boar hog."

You have a talent

You have no talent and are consistently wrong about football as it pertains to the Patriots. Your 2022 prognostications were laughably wrong. Sorry it's so triggering for you that I live rent free in your head and half your posts you can't help but hope that I interact with you.

How about combining athleticism and skill to come up with a more complete player.

Yes that's fine. I love the knowledge you share here, but a RAS-only post I will call out how useless combine numbers are. A graveyard of draft busts who were combine (and RAS) stars. And you know this too, that combine (and its fancier RAS version) are only fools good for dummy front offices that don't know how to interpret data.

You have no talent and are consistently wrong about football as it pertains to the Patriots. Your 2022 prognostications were laughably wrong. Sorry it's so triggering for you that I live rent free in your head and half your posts you can't help but hope that I interact with you.

You were banned from a thread due to attacking members. You go on and do it on another thread.

It's fine to disagree, but don't resort to personal attacks.

Haha. Nothing wrong with your ego's ability and need to create a fantasy world in which DKF isn't a pariah, I see. Actually, you've been on ignore for months. Took you off a week or so ago to see if you were one of the few to escape the Dunning-Kruger syndrome, but I see you still think your know more than everyone else and still combine that with a toxic personality. I'll give you 10+ for consistency, though.

I promise leave you alone for a month or two and let you talk with all your other friends here on the Planet. LOL.

Yes that's fine. I love the knowledge you share here, but a RAS-only post I will call out how useless combine numbers are. A graveyard of draft busts who were combine (and RAS) stars. And you know this too, that combine (and its fancier RAS version) are only fools good for dummy front offices that don't know how to interpret data.

Which is, of course, why I asked if anyone knew anything about him. :coffee:

Which is, of course, why I asked if anyone knew anything about him. :coffee:
I put him about at LaPorta's level, but a better blocker and less crisp and fluid a receiver. I was surprised to see these kinds of numbers from Schoonmaker, honestly - he doesn't feel like he's that athletic. I wonder if that athleticism starts to translate to the field as he gets more comfortable with everything he's doing. He definitely doesn't have LaPorta's hands.

Round 3-4, but early to mid round 2 in a normal TE year. This year, he's behind Mayer, Washington, Kincaid, & Musgrave at the very least.

only fools good for dummy front offices that don't know how to interpret data.
What do you actually do for a living that makes you think you are so much more informed and so more intelligent that the folks that actually GET PAID to work in these "dummy front offices"?

I sell printer management software and related technolgy. To me it is pretty simple stuff to understand and sell but I still need SME's that can build the solutions I sell in the real world. Other functional experts that can PM the solution into reality and then still others that can manage the solutions for the clients going forward as global realities of complex enterprise applications evolve/change.

In other words, nobody in today's complex worlds we work in does it alone.

Yet, here you are with all the answers in the change pocket of your wallet.

Amazing.

Last edited:
Back