The NFL Draft, 2022

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
The 2022 draft will have at least 35% more college players than last year's COVID-reduced draft. A 4th round player in 2022 may be every bit as good a prospect as a 3rd round player in 2021.

To get familiar with some names, here are some college players I'm looking at in the top of the draft for the Patriots. Add your own and let's get into it!
In no particular order of position or players within a position...these guys should get a good look.
Starting early allows us to become familiar with these better players and, later, with the depth players of this draft. Approx. 16K players are draft eligible and only 1.6% will make it into the NFL.

If you have a particular interest in a position or a player, please contribute when you can.

OL
  • Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
  • Jaxson Kirkland, OT, Washington
  • Zion Nelson, OT, Miami
  • Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
  • Kenyon Green, G, Texas A&M
  • Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
WR
  • Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
  • Jameson Williams, Alabama
  • Jake London, USC
  • John Metchie III, Alabama
  • Drake Jackson, USC
  • Treylon Burks, Arkansas
  • George Pickens, Georgia
  • Jalen Hill, W. Mich.
RB
  • Isaiah Spiller, Texas A&M
  • Breece Hall, Iowa State
  • Zamir White, Georgia
  • Kyren Williams, Notre Dame
  • Eric Gray, Oklahoma
TE
  • Jalen Wydermyer, Texas A&M
  • Cade Otton, Washington
  • Charlie Kolar, Iowa State
  • Jahleel Billingsley, Alabama
  • Austin Stogner, Oklahoma
  • Jeremy Ruckert, Ohio State

Edge
  • Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon
  • Drake Jackson, USC
  • Myjai Sanders, Cincinnati
  • George Karlaftis, Purdue
  • Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan
  • Zach Harrison, Ohio State
DT
  • DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M
  • Jordan Davis, Georgia
  • Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma
  • Tyler Davis, Clemson
  • Chris Hinton, Michigan
  • Deslin Alexandre, Pittsburgh
  • Haskell Garrett, Ohio State
LB
  • Christian Harris, Alabama
  • Brandon Smith, Penn State
  • Henry To'o-To'o, Alabama
  • Ventrell Miller, Florida
  • Nolan Smith, Georgia
CB
  • Derek Stingley Jr., LSU
  • Kaiir Elam, Florida
  • Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
  • Ahmad Gardner, Cincinnati
  • Sevyn Banks, Ohio State
  • Trent McDuffie, Washington
  • Roger McCreary, Auburn
Safety
  • Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame
  • Brandon Joseph, Northwestern
  • Jordan Battle, Alabama
  • Tykee Smith, Georgia
  • Jaquan Brisker, Penn State
  • Smoke Monday, Auburn (name of the draft award winner)

Last edited:
Looks like a bad QB class. Rattler was considered the best in the class and has been benched twice. The NC QB was looked at as a high pick and is not having a very good year.

Looks like a bad QB class. Rattler was considered the best in the class and has been benched twice. The NC QB was looked at as a high pick and is not having a very good year.

He's dropped quite a bit for sure. Good thing we have our QB of the future, eh?

The A&M QB looks good, but definitely nowhere near the level from this year's class.

The A&M QB looks good, but definitely nowhere near the level from this year's class.
I am still looking at WR's. The one sticking out to me right now is Jaylen Hill, more so his size and speed. 6-4 and runs a sub 4.3 (4.32 I think). He is from Western Michigan state I think it is. He's a redshirt Junior this year, so he is eligible to declare next year. Anyhoo, interesting prospect.

oh yeah, chevss...you gotta talk wrs. who do you like for the pats?

I haven't even begun to begin scouting them yet. I usually begin sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

For the 1st or 2nd round for the Pats the first 5 I mentioned would be great picks as it looks now - we know BB will look lower in the draft though.
  • Chris Olave or Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
  • Jake London, USC

Georgia image
Jordan Davis, NT, Georgia
Height: 6-6. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
Projected Round (2022): 1.
View Ranking History

9/25/21: Davis had an excellent game against Clemson to open the season. He was a beast at the point of attack and led the Bulldogs' tremendous run defense against the Tigers. Davis collected three tackles and a sack, but the numbers don't illustrate how big of a force he was for Georgia. Versus South Carolina, Davis notched two tackles and .5 sacks. He has eight tackles and 1.5 sacks this season.

7/10/21: Davis was a solid run stuffer for Georgia in 2020. He has some talent, but is raw and needs development. Some team sources said they gave Davis a mid-round grade for the 2021 NFL Draft, but he has the upside to rise and made a favorable impression on some advance scouts.
Davis is a heavy nose tackle who is tough to move at the point of attack. He could be a good fit as a zero-technique in a 3-4 defense. Davis showed more ability to make plays in the backfield in 2019 as a sophomore. He has upside to improve and rise as a senior.

NFL Draft Profile: T'Vondre Sweat, Defensive Lineman, Texas Longhorns​

NFL draft profile scouting report for Texas defensive lineman, T'Vondre Sweat
THE NFL DRAFT BIBLE
SEP 13, 2021

Pos: DL
Ht: 6040
Wt: 335
DOB: 7/11/_
Eligible: 2022
Huntsville, TX
Huntsville High School

T'Vondre Sweat
Texas Longhorns​

Pros:​

Lamattina: Sweat has sufficient play strength to take on blockers up front and create opportunities for himself and his teammates behind him. He is very well developed with his hands. Quickness, suddenness and power within his hands make him difficult to handle up front on a consistent basis. Creates good extension as he gets into his progressions against opposing offensive lineman. Stays engaged on plays in the pocket and rarely gives in early. Can get his matchup off-balance quick when he gets his legs churning. Subscribe for full article

Georgia image
Jordan Davis, NT, Georgia
Height: 6-6. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
Projected Round (2022): 1.
View Ranking History

9/25/21: Davis had an excellent game against Clemson to open the season. He was a beast at the point of attack and led the Bulldogs' tremendous run defense against the Tigers. Davis collected three tackles and a sack, but the numbers don't illustrate how big of a force he was for Georgia. Versus South Carolina, Davis notched two tackles and .5 sacks. He has eight tackles and 1.5 sacks this season.

7/10/21: Davis was a solid run stuffer for Georgia in 2020. He has some talent, but is raw and needs development. Some team sources said they gave Davis a mid-round grade for the 2021 NFL Draft, but he has the upside to rise and made a favorable impression on some advance scouts.
Davis is a heavy nose tackle who is tough to move at the point of attack. He could be a good fit as a zero-technique in a 3-4 defense. Davis showed more ability to make plays in the backfield in 2019 as a sophomore. He has upside to improve and rise as a senior.

NFL Draft Profile: T'Vondre Sweat, Defensive Lineman, Texas Longhorns​

NFL draft profile scouting report for Texas defensive lineman, T'Vondre Sweat
THE NFL DRAFT BIBLE
SEP 13, 2021

Pos: DL
Ht: 6040
Wt: 335
DOB: 7/11/_
Eligible: 2022
Huntsville, TX
Huntsville High School

T'Vondre Sweat​

Texas Longhorns​

Pros:​

Lamattina: Sweat has sufficient play strength to take on blockers up front and create opportunities for himself and his teammates behind him. He is very well developed with his hands. Quickness, suddenness and power within his hands make him difficult to handle up front on a consistent basis. Creates good extension as he gets into his progressions against opposing offensive lineman. Stays engaged on plays in the pocket and rarely gives in early. Can get his matchup off-balance quick when he gets his legs churning. Subscribe for full article
I'm envisioning Bill standing purposefully. with his right hand raised and his left hand on the NFL Draft Bible... :ROFLMAO:

I’m really enjoying this thread, but you know the seasons getting bad when draft threads pop up in October.

Is WR really most important need? It’s definitely a huge need, but if a guy who could be a ten year dominate Left tackle is there that’s what I’m cheering for. It’s time to move on from Wynn.

I’m really enjoying this thread, but you know the seasons getting bad when draft threads pop up in October.

Is WR really most important need? It’s definitely a huge need, but if a guy who could be a ten year dominate Left tackle is there that’s what I’m cheering for. It’s time to move on from Wynn.

Dude.

Knock it off.

It was never entertaining and now it's just really tedious.

There are forums of other teams with threads on how much they hate BB. Shall I post a couple of links for you?

I haven't even begun to begin scouting them yet. I usually begin sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

For the 1st or 2nd round for the Pats the first 5 I mentioned would be great picks as it looks now - we know BB will look lower in the draft though.
  • Chris Olave or Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
  • Jake London, USC

Of course, it is way too soon.

I will comment that Jameson Williams made a couple of "wow" plays the last time I watched Bama. He is very similar to Devonta Smith in terms of polish and his slim frame. He's listed at 6' 1 1/2" so he's got some length, but I thought he looked outstanding. His biggest issue is he doesn't have the QB that Smith and Jaylen had last year.

I want some dynamic athletes to be added to the mix first and foremost, but if Bill wanted to draft Derek Stingley Jr. I wouldn't have a problem with that. For those who don't
know, he is Darryl Stingley's Grandson. Yes, those of us that watched his grandpa play for the Pats are getting old.

Later round prospect, who strikes me as a very Patriots sort of weapon:
RB Sincere McCormick from UTSA. 5'9", quick, shifty, powerful. Patient, uses his blockers well, takes good angles. A weapon catching the ball. Looks like he needs work in pass pro. Excellent ball security.

Of course, it is way too soon.

I will comment that Jameson Williams made a couple of "wow" plays the last time I watched Bama. He is very similar to Devonta Smith in terms of polish and his slim frame. He's listed at 6' 1 1/2" so he's got some length, but I thought he looked outstanding. His biggest issue is he doesn't have the QB that Smith and Jaylen had last year.

I want some dynamic athletes to be added to the mix first and foremost, but if Bill wanted to draft Derek Stingley Jr. I wouldn't have a problem with that. For those who don't
know, he is Darryl Stingley's Grandson. Yes, those of us that watched his grandpa play for the Pats are getting old.
Getting?

DBs will be high on their draft list by next spring so you may get your wish.

I'd like to see the Pats pick up some players with some suddenness on both sides of the LOS. Can run and hit. Or run and can knock the snot out. Maybe ten more "Judons". Defense needs more speed.

Please notice the first group I listed was "OL" and the first 3 players are all LTs. Thank you.

I'm going to ignore the first sentence, because that's when threads go bad. I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing that you are youngish and haven't experienced
much in the way of lean years for this team.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the 2021 version of Wynn looks the way he does due to a bad knee (or other unspecified issue) that limits his power and mobility. Yes, he's had trouble staying healthy, but the guy that had lined up for us prior was very quick, very powerful and was a skilled, talented blocker worthy of a 1st-round selection. I'm hoping that some time off lets him heal up and play much better. I wouldn't drop him off at the bus station just yet.

Back