The NFL Draft, 2022

thoughts on next off-season needs.

pats had issues on both sides of the los, but the worst was the front 7 on D.

NT was a weakness all year need one and need it badly the Pats could not stop anybody running all year and this was a huge issue in almost every loss.
LB were slow and ineffective, they could not set the edge and could not cover in the passing game.
OT need some badly and needs depth, in almost every Pats loss the OL did not play well, they still cannot pick up even the simplest of stunts with any consistency. Please Scar come back please.
CB lack of depth here forced the Pats into playing zone almost exclusively - the smoke and mirrors worked for a while but teams adjusted.
WR no good slot guy killed this O, really missed james white, need outside threat to at least be a threat. Harry can fvcking go today. the fact he keeps getting playing time speaks to either the coaching staff are idiots or the depth behind him is just that bad.

in summary i know everybody wants wr but the pats won and lost their games this year based on what the DL/OL did or didn't do.

welp on to next season lets hope the pats continue building, but this is the most difficult stage of a rebuild, too good to get top draft picks, not good enough to win it all. the Pats are in that classic middle stage of rebuild that so many teams never get past.

nope i did not, #1 wr is unnecessary, pats need the edelman/james white get open quick guys - they are kind of players that make this O go. i know chicks did the long ball but its the 3rd and 7 drive continuations that pays the rent.
I was thinking the same thing, I would rather they go after a great slot wr over trying to chase a #1 deep threat. Should be easier to find as well.

I was thinking the same thing, I would rather they go after a great slot wr over trying to chase a #1 deep threat. Should be easier to find as well.

Meyers plays slot. It's also Harry's natural position if he's still around next year.

Meyers plays slot. It's also Harry's natural position if he's still around next year.
Fuck Harry, Myers is decent in the slot but I think he's better suited as a possession type. I'm talking about a jitterbug, move the chains wr, like we had with Edelman.

nope i did not, #1 wr is unnecessary, pats need the edelman/james white get open quick guys - they are kind of players that make this O go. i know chicks did the long ball but its the 3rd and 7 drive continuations that pays the rent.
They definitely need a #1 WR.

harry can shove there is no hope for him. meyers while i like him he does not get open quick enough on a consistent basis for this O to work.

the O right now looks like every time edelman was hurt - struggling to be consistent, the pats need that guy even if it means moving meyers to something else.
BB needs to find a replacement for Edelman...this would help out a lot.

Classic Big Slot guy vs Small Slot guy. Techniques are different but both can be effective.
Boldin was an effective slot guy for years. He wasn't quick or fast but he knew how to use his body to shield defenders.
That's how I thought Harry should have been used from the start.

Classic Big Slot guy vs Small Slot guy. Techniques are different but both can be effective.
Boldin was an effective slot guy for years. He wasn't quick or fast but he knew how to use his body to shield defenders.
That's how I thought Harry should have been used from the start.
I was right there with you, and I think the team made some small attempts to do that but Harry either wouldn't or couldn't. There was a play I think last year where they tried to do that and Harry got outmuscled by a 190 lb or so corner that he had position on for a int. That was the play when I got turned away from Harry. I want to think he is gun shy about concussions and I don't blame him one bit. He has had a bunch already and had a few before turning pro if i remember right. Harry hopefully invested his money wisely and can find happiness elsewhere.

I was right there with you, and I think the team made some small attempts to do that but Harry either wouldn't or couldn't. There was a play I think last year where they tried to do that and Harry got outmuscled by a 190 lb or so corner that he had position on for a int. That was the play when I got turned away from Harry. I want to think he is gun shy about concussions and I don't blame him one bit. He has had a bunch already and had a few before turning pro if i remember right. Harry hopefully invested his money wisely and can find happiness elsewhere.
Yeah. Rememger it.

So long Harry. I hope.

Bama slot WR/STer Slade Bolden declared for the draft recently. He's become one of my binkies. He reminds me a lot of Edelman (including experience at QB). And he's good friends with Mac.

The Patriots have selected 21st 4 times in the BB era.
2002: TE Daniel Graham
2004: DL Vince Wilfork
2006: RB Laurence Maroney
2012: DE Chandler Jones
Every single one started in Super Bowls. :coffee:

C. Harris has decided to enter. It be nice to get him, IMHO

Back