The NFL Draft, 2022

Why would they stay if they get a lot more money and more power?
The potential owner offering the job is unstable,, Their family likes New England?

We all know last year's draft is the best in a while and Ziegler and Wolf were heavily involved.

Here's my plan,,

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

That's a Big Crosby song, I was thinking it was from Jungle Book.

Anyway the best WR for Mac Jones would be a Troy Brown, Julian type with speed and quicks. Line 2 is cut some non players. Line 3 looks like keep JC...

Here's my plan,,

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

That's a Big Crosby song, I was thinking it was from Jungle Book.

Anyway the best WR for Mac Jones would be a Troy Brown, Julian type with speed and quicks. Line 2 is cut some non players. Line 3 looks like keep JC...

That fits Metchie to a T

I approve of a quick slot receiver with great hands and YAC ability. The problem with Jakobi is that he takes too long to get open and
drops more than he should. However, we can maybe get a guy like that without using the 1st, but I'm not sold on Meyers in the slot

My ideal scenario is now taking a great corner or LB prospect at 21 and shooting for Jameson in the 2nd with a trade-up if necessary,
which it might.

He's perfect for what we need. He's got everything and we could wait on him for a 2nd round price.

He's a stronger version of Devonta Smith. I thought his route running and ability to cut without losing speed was fantastic. Great hands. Big-time speed and
good length. Everything I saw about him said PLAYMAKER at the next level.

Is it realistic? It looks less realistic now than it will become during the draft process because he won't be able to take part in the Combine and didn't
have a long track record at Alabama. Once all these WRs wow all the scouts they'll be less enthusiastic to draft a banged-up kid without properly
vetting him and getting the numbers down. I have no such restrictions and I'm guessing neither will Bill. His stock should drop to where we
can go get him without using 21.

Pats have picks in Round 1, 2, 3, 4 and two picks in Round 7.

Per Draftrek they work out to;
21, 54, 85 and 118 plus the two 7ths.

I don't understand a couple of those values but close enough. And the 118 number doesn't account for comp picks.

Pats have picks in Round 1, 2, 3, 4 and two picks in Round 7.

Per Draftrek they work out to;
21, 54, 85 and 118 plus the two 7ths.

I don't understand a couple of those values but close enough. And the 118 number doesn't account for comp picks.
If they can trade Harry for a 6th rounder we'd be winning..lol

I approve of a quick slot receiver with great hands and YAC ability. The problem with Jakobi is that he takes too long to get open and
drops more than he should. However, we can maybe get a guy like that without using the 1st, but I'm not sold on Meyers in the slot

My ideal scenario is now taking a great corner or LB prospect at 21 and shooting for Jameson in the 2nd with a trade-up if necessary,
which it might.

He's perfect for what we need. He's got everything and we could wait on him for a 2nd round price.

He's a stronger version of Devonta Smith. I thought his route running and ability to cut without losing speed was fantastic. Great hands. Big-time speed and
good length. Everything I saw about him said PLAYMAKER at the next level.

Is it realistic? It looks less realistic now than it will become during the draft process because he won't be able to take part in the Combine and didn't
have a long track record at Alabama. Once all these WRs wow all the scouts they'll be less enthusiastic to draft a banged-up kid without properly
vetting him and getting the numbers down. I have no such restrictions and I'm guessing neither will Bill. His stock should drop to where we
can go get him without using 21.

I really like Meyers and think he has a spot here (or in any NFL WR room), sometimes from the slot, and sometimes working downfield and utilizing his high-level hand eye coordination/ball tracking. But there are times when I watch him and, like you, think he just isn't quick enough for some of the stuff they want him to do. He excels at some of the slot work but isn't sudden enough for other elements of it.

If you can get a true sudden, quick slot (Bourne might be part of the answer but he's not wholly it), have Meyers work the hybrid role doing some slot/Z, and then get a legitimate X like Jameson, Mac will be set for awhile.

I really like Meyers and think he has a spot here (or in any NFL WR room), sometimes from the slot, and sometimes working downfield and utilizing his high-level hand eye coordination/ball tracking. But there are times when I watch him and, like you, think he just isn't quick enough for some of the stuff they want him to do. He excels at some of the slot work but isn't sudden enough for other elements of it.

If you can get a true sudden, quick slot (Bourne might be part of the answer but he's not wholly it), have Meyers work the hybrid role doing some slot/Z, and then get a legitimate X like Jameson, Mac will be set for awhile.

I don't feel great about dumping on Meyers when he's been our most dependable guy for two years and has improved, but there is a reason why it took him so long to get a TD
catch. In the compressed space of the red zone, Meyers can't shake and bake his way free as well as he does out in space. I'm sure there is a role for him, because he does have some
unique skills, but I've never really understood how we depend on a guy that just finished his 3rd year and still lines up wrong.

With all the discussion about unsatisfactory coaching lately I have to question whether they are the dumbest group of WRs in football or the coaching isn't where it should be. Harry wasn't the only guy who screwed up a lot, imo. Way too many pre-snap penalties and technique issues as well. Our guys didn't do a good job coming back to the football all year.

I looked up the receivers coaches and it's Mick Lombardi and Troy Brown who also does the kick returners. Oh, and Mick Lombardi is Mike's son. Maybe Troy can take over.

Anyhow, I'm on to Jameson. I just read on Walter Football that he's a straight-line guy and not a great route runner. Great, maybe some folks will think that is
actually true, which it isn't even close, imo. The more bad shit I read about him then the more excited I'll be that we have a shot at him. I heard today he's a killer gunner on STs and
uses the same techniques to get off the line without getting stuffed.

Plus his name is Jameson.

I don't feel great about dumping on Meyers when he's been our most dependable guy for two years and has improved, but there is a reason why it took him so long to get a TD
catch. In the compressed space of the red zone, Meyers can't shake and bake his way free as well as he does out in space. I'm sure there is a role for him, because he does have some
unique skills, but I've never really understood how we depend on a guy that just finished his 3rd year and still lines up wrong.

With all the discussion about unsatisfactory coaching lately I have to question whether they are the dumbest group of WRs in football or the coaching isn't where it should be. Harry wasn't the only guy who screwed up a lot, imo. Way too many pre-snap penalties and technique issues as well. Our guys didn't do a good job coming back to the football all year.

I looked up the receivers coaches and it's Mick Lombardi and Troy Brown who also does the kick returners. Oh, and Mick Lombardi is Mike's son. Maybe Troy can take over.

Anyhow, I'm on to Jameson. I just read on Walter Football that he's a straight-line guy and not a great route runner. Great, maybe some folks will think that is
actually true, which it isn't even close, imo. The more bad shit I read about him then the more excited I'll be that we have a shot at him. I heard today he's a killer gunner on STs and
uses the same techniques to get off the line without getting stuffed.

Plus his name is Jameson.

Meyers route-running style reminds me of Michael Thomas in certain ways. He has these long, deliberate strides that he uses to setup his hips and then when he gets a guy off balance, he slightly shifts his weight and turns his hips in a way that looks really effortless but completely throws the defender off balance.

The difference being Thomas has better short-area quickness and explosiveness out of his deliberate setup, whereas Meyers has the dance but lacks the athleticism on the backend to really make guys pay. Interesting the red-zone/TD observation, I hadn’t thought about that but it’s a good point. He’s probably best suited for over-the-shoulder fades/ball tracking in the red zone in lieu of slot work for all the reasons you mentioned.

Back