The NFL Draft, 2022

Don't know if anyone else had a similar thought, but this past draft reminded me of drafts by Chuck Fairbanks or Dick Steinberg. Like when the Pats announced that the number one pick didn't play football this past year, he did throw the javelin though. Said player was All World TE Russ Francis.
And a lot of this year's picks were similar with selections from smaller schools throughout. Not the standard BB big school (nor any coach friends) selections.
This draft smells like a Matt Groh draft.

These players need to show up on the field.

I was one of the loud voices for CB in the first and another mid rounder on a CB as well, but I have to say that I really like the look of both these Jones kids. They both are sticky AF, and have gobs of natural ability. The 4th rounder has a slower 40 than I like, but he plays more like a 4.45 than a 4.65.

Andrew Callahan has a new podcast, "Pats Interference" and he strikes me as pretty funny.
He was saying that the 2022 draft was the opposite of the 2019 draft. Like when you break up with your girlfriend, you swing radically to an opposite girlfriend.
2019 draft the biggest heaviest slow WR, 2022 draft the skinniest fastest WR.
2019 draft the tallest CB, 2022 draft the smallest CB.

Andrew Callahan has a new podcast, "Pats Interference" and he strikes me as pretty funny.
He was saying that the 2022 draft was the opposite of the 2019 draft. Like when you break up with your girlfriend, you swing radically to an opposite girlfriend.
2019 draft the biggest heaviest slow WR, 2022 draft the skinniest fastest WR.
2019 draft the tallest CB, 2022 draft the smallest CB.
I like the analogy, Hopefully we've got more "2nd contract" players.

I've always thought dating was more like fishing..."Catch and release", although to be fair I haven't always been the one doing the releasing .lol

I have heard that every CB taken in the first round has looked good this past preseason. And was hoping the Pats would select CB Elam for a tall sticky cover corner.
Then there's this, the Bills grabbed two promising CBs.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1565360390959251467?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The meaning there is kind of ambiguous. Depending on context, that quote could just as easily be saying that Elam has been kind of disappointing, and Benford has looked really strong with White injured.

George Pickens - 20 rec. 277 yds - 1 rush, 1 yard, 0 TD in 6 full games.

Tyquan Thornton - 6 rec, 44 yd, 3 rush, 16 yds, 2 TDs in 6 quarters.

Disaster. :coffee:

Back