The NFL Draft, 2022

To me Meyers is Malcolm Mitchell without the smarts.
Jameson Williams is fine but it's Metchie I'm wanting if we're limited to Bama WRs. Metchie adds the element of quickness to some speed which Williams doesn't have.
That allows Metchie to line up at all WR positions. His versatility makes him more appealing to me for now.
That opinion isn't written in stone. I want to see the Combine results before ranking any WR.

I don't feel great about dumping on Meyers when he's been our most dependable guy for two years and has improved, but there is a reason why it took him so long to get a TD
catch. In the compressed space of the red zone, Meyers can't shake and bake his way free as well as he does out in space. I'm sure there is a role for him, because he does have some
unique skills, but I've never really understood how we depend on a guy that just finished his 3rd year and still lines up wrong.

With all the discussion about unsatisfactory coaching lately I have to question whether they are the dumbest group of WRs in football or the coaching isn't where it should be. Harry wasn't the only guy who screwed up a lot, imo. Way too many pre-snap penalties and technique issues as well. Our guys didn't do a good job coming back to the football all year.

I looked up the receivers coaches and it's Mick Lombardi and Troy Brown who also does the kick returners. Oh, and Mick Lombardi is Mike's son. Maybe Troy can take over.

Anyhow, I'm on to Jameson. I just read on Walter Football that he's a straight-line guy and not a great route runner. Great, maybe some folks will think that is
actually true, which it isn't even close, imo. The more bad shit I read about him then the more excited I'll be that we have a shot at him. I heard today he's a killer gunner on STs and
uses the same techniques to get off the line without getting stuffed.

Plus his name is Jameson.
I just finished up the last of my Jameson. Yummy...

To me Meyers is Malcolm Mitchell without the smarts.
Jameson Williams is fine but it's Metchie I'm wanting if we're limited to Bama WRs. Metchie adds the element of quickness to some speed which Williams doesn't have.
That allows Metchie to line up at all WR positions. His versatility makes him more appealing to me for now.
That opinion isn't written in stone. I want to see the Combine results before ranking any WR.

I like Metchie, too, but I don't know if he's a guy that can tilt the field or be a top X, but I'd be happy to get a
guy like him. Not in the 1st, though.

I'm just having a little fun with the Jameson thing for now. There is long way to go until the draft and I don't
get serious about a binkie until late March. Except for last year. ;)

Attachments

• 1643120394931.gif
    1643120394931.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 6
I like Metchie, too, but I don't know if he's a guy that can tilt the field or be a top X, but I'd be happy to get a
guy like him. Not in the 1st, though.

I'm just having a little fun with the Jameson thing for now. There is long way to go until the draft and I don't
get serious about a binkie until late March. Except for last year. ;)

I can understand that.

I was hoping to see Jameis W again next season at Bama, but he is entering the draft. He torn his ACL, as I think you know, so will see how that goes.

I guess we are getting excited about our binkies. LOLOL

After the playoff loss it seems that everyone felt that we had to go after a LB who has sideline to sideline speed.
Now that has seemed to shift to WR. That is probably the one position that has the biggest boom or bust in most drafts.
Mostly you can't go wrong drafting a Bama WR. But both the Bama relievers this year have injury problems. Ohio St offers a couple in Wilson and Olave. Then there is Bell from Purdue. There are also a couple from smaller schools that look interesting.
Speed is certainly something to be looking at, but explosiveness off the snap, route running, and hands are just as important. If you draft a WR in the first round, they better have all of the above as we learned from drafting Harry.

Last edited:
After the playoff loss it seems that everyone felt that we had to go after a LB who has sideline to sideline speed.
Now that has seemed to shift to WR. That is probably the one position that has the biggest boom or bust in most drafts.
Mostly you can't go wrong drafting a Bama WR. But both the Bama relievers this year have injury problems. Ohio St offers a couple in Wilson and Olave. Then there is Bell from Purdue. There are also a couple from smaller schools that look interesting.
Speed is certainly something to be looking at, but explosiveness off the snap, route running, and hands are just as important. If you draft a WR in the first round, they better have all of the above as we learned from drafting Harry.
Yeah, I don't think WR is a top need for the Patriots. They've certainly won with worse crews, and I think another year in the system along with the TEs is going to make a big difference. (I have seen enough of Agholor, but he's not going anywhere).

They do need speed at linebacker, almost prioritized over skill, imo, and I'd like to see a faster FS, (which may be Jalen Mills, who knows).

Yeah, WR isn't super-high on my list. I'd like to see them draft a Karras replacement before a WR, tbh.

There are a lot WRs who would do and they're not all 1st rounders.

Georgia image
Jordan Davis, NT, Georgia
Height: 6-6. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
Projected Round (2022): 1.
View Ranking History

9/25/21: Davis had an excellent game against Clemson to open the season. He was a beast at the point of attack and led the Bulldogs' tremendous run defense against the Tigers. Davis collected three tackles and a sack, but the numbers don't illustrate how big of a force he was for Georgia. Versus South Carolina, Davis notched two tackles and .5 sacks. He has eight tackles and 1.5 sacks this season.

7/10/21: Davis was a solid run stuffer for Georgia in 2020. He has some talent, but is raw and needs development. Some team sources said they gave Davis a mid-round grade for the 2021 NFL Draft, but he has the upside to rise and made a favorable impression on some advance scouts.
Davis is a heavy nose tackle who is tough to move at the point of attack. He could be a good fit as a zero-technique in a 3-4 defense. Davis showed more ability to make plays in the backfield in 2019 as a sophomore. He has upside to improve and rise as a senior.

NFL Draft Profile: T'Vondre Sweat, Defensive Lineman, Texas Longhorns​

NFL draft profile scouting report for Texas defensive lineman, T'Vondre Sweat
THE NFL DRAFT BIBLE
SEP 13, 2021

Pos: DL
Ht: 6040
Wt: 335
DOB: 7/11/_
Eligible: 2022
Huntsville, TX
Huntsville High School

T'Vondre Sweat​

Texas Longhorns​

Pros:​

Lamattina: Sweat has sufficient play strength to take on blockers up front and create opportunities for himself and his teammates behind him. He is very well developed with his hands. Quickness, suddenness and power within his hands make him difficult to handle up front on a consistent basis. Creates good extension as he gets into his progressions against opposing offensive lineman. Stays engaged on plays in the pocket and rarely gives in early. Can get his matchup off-balance quick when he gets his legs churning. Subscribe for full article
then a LB then a CB

Both are needs really...and more of a pass rush up front. And another CB.

I certainly don't think the biggest need is wr. But I believe wr has become the new "can he rush the passer" with pats fans.
I've been hearing about needing a #1WR since at least Stanley Morgan retired.

Branch & Givens were "not game changers". Brown, Welker, Edelman were "just sot guys"

Sports Radio and Fantasy football.

That is correct. There promising prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round. My preference would be one of the LB's either Lloyd, Dean, or Harris in the 1st round..
I was saying the same thing in another thread, not sure if one or more of them would make it to 21 but we can hope.

Yeah, I don't think WR is a top need for the Patriots. They've certainly won with worse crews, and I think another year in the system along with the TEs is going to make a big difference. (I have seen enough of Agholor, but he's not going anywhere).

They do need speed at linebacker, almost prioritized over skill, imo, and I'd like to see a faster FS, (which may be Jalen Mills, who knows).

Yeah, WR isn't super-high on my list. I'd like to see them draft a Karras replacement before a WR, tbh.
You seen enough of Nelson (HA HA!)? Where was he at???? :coffee:

I know nothing about him but if he is being compared to Micah Parsons he is certain to be way over-drafted by someone.

Daniel Faalele is the guy I want at LT. He is identical in size to Brown (6-9 380). He's still raw but his abilities have grown. If not LT slide Brown over to LT and move this kid to RT. We would have the twin towers..lol

I first heard of Faalele back when he went to Minnesota and there was a big article about him in SI (I think) but I sort of forgot about him. Then, earlier this past season
I was watching Minnesota and saw Faalele right away because he's hard to miss.

He's improved a LOT and will likely get better with experience. I don't think we'll spend a top pick on the OL this year, but if you told me that Pats took
this kid in the 2nd round then I wouldn't think it was a wasted pick. I think the 1st round is too much of a risk because I'm not sure whether he can cut off
the edge against NFL talent and he's still going to need time to develop.

Based on how much better he is, he's a pretty good bet, but......I could get quite used to drafting guys that don't need 3 years of work to help us.

Back