The NFL Draft, 2022

I’m really enjoying this thread, but you know the seasons getting bad when draft threads pop up in October.

Is WR really most important need? It’s definitely a huge need, but if a guy who could be a ten year dominate Left tackle is there that’s what I’m cheering for. It’s time to move on from Wynn.
Nah, I am looking to see what the Pats will possibly do in the future. I do this even when Brady was here. It's fascinating to me.

As for Wynn, I like him, when he is healthy he is a very solid LT. But the problem is, he's never healthy.

I'm going to ignore the first sentence, because that's when threads go bad. I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing that you are youngish and haven't experienced
much in the way of lean years for this team.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the 2021 version of Wynn looks the way he does due to a bad knee (or other unspecified issue) that limits his power and mobility. Yes, he's had trouble staying healthy, but the guy that had lined up for us prior was very quick, very powerful and was a skilled, talented blocker worthy of a 1st-round selection. I'm hoping that some time off lets him heal up and play much better. I wouldn't drop him off at the bus station just yet.
This. Absolutely And Let me simplify if I can. Patience Grasshopper.

Cheers

I’m really enjoying this thread, but you know the seasons getting bad when draft threads pop up in October.

Is WR really most important need? It’s definitely a huge need, but if a guy who could be a ten year dominate Left tackle is there that’s what I’m cheering for. It’s time to move on from Wynn.
Some fans are so into their team that they were aware of potential 2022 draft picks even before the 2021 draft. If interest in next year's draft isn't your cup of tea, no need participate.

Beyond that, I don't think you understand how draft threads work. We look at players in all positions and try to find the ones we like and/or we think will fit our system the best. You've been bitching about or WRs for a decade and so why bitch now when people want to discuss drafting one? Someone mentioned how bad the available QBs are this year. It's interesting even though we are more than set at QB

Chill and enjoy the process, man. We draft geeks are.

This. Absolutely And Let me simplify if I can. Patience Grasshopper.

Cheers
I think Wynn was projected as a guard coming out, right? I wonder why they haven't tried him there. Or maybe they have in practice and it isn't working out well, or the need at LT is that great. It doesn't seem like there is any more need at LT than anywhere else on the line. Brown (on IR now), Herron and Wynn, with Owenwu at RT backed up Cajuste.

I think Wynn was projected as a guard coming out, right? I wonder why they haven't tried him there. Or maybe they have in practice and it isn't working out well, or the need at LT is that great. It doesn't seem like there is any more need at LT than anywhere else on the line. Brown (on IR now), Herron and Wynn, with Owenwu at RT backed up Cajuste.
I am pretty sure Wynn was projected as a OT. I may be wrong though.

Some fans are so into their team that they were aware of potential 2022 draft picks even before the 2021 draft. If interest in next year's draft isn't your cup of tea, no need participate.

Beyond that, I don't think you understand how draft threads work. We look at players in all positions and try to find the ones we like and/or we think will fit our system the best. You've been bitching about or WRs for a decade and so why bitch now when people want to discuss drafting one? Someone mentioned how bad the available QBs are this year. It's interesting even though we are more than set at QB

Chill and enjoy the process, man. We draft geeks are.
I think we need to focus heavily on OL as well some more options at WR. I'm not expecting the next Joe Thomas but I also wouldn't complain if we got one..lol

And very well said btw.

What a difference yesterday could have been with a prime big Vince at nose.
Godchaux was brutal in the 4th quarter. Can't help but think it may have been different if Barmore didn't get dinged. Hell, seemed like everyone of that defense got hurt at some point.

Godchaux was brutal in the 4th quarter. Can't help but think it may have been different if Barmore didn't get dinged. Hell, seemed like everyone of that defense got hurt at some point.
Are they doing the same with Barmore as they're doing with Mac?

My understanding is that 2022 is supposed to be a great year for CBs and DBs generally. Huzzah to that; I'll take two in the first two rounds, please.

The trickle down effect of getting a stud/starter or two that let us push Mills to a hybrid spot or even a pure cover/matchup safety would be tremendous.

I am still bullish on the staff finding the right way to deploy Wade to reveal him as a stud, but I'm happy to pay for insurance on that.

He's a Freshman, so he won't be eligible for a while (not sure how covid deferments will work) , but I'm impressed with Clemson RB Phil Mafah. Not only because he's a good player with power and speed whose game will likely translate to the NFL, but because it would be a lot of fun to give him nicknames. How 'bout "Bad" Mafah?

The other RB with a great name I watched tonight is Kentucky's Kavosiey Smoke.

Senior bowl invites, you might see some this weekend.

Back