The NFL Draft, 2022

Per Schefter, Pats have traded their 5th round pick to Texans for Houston's 6th and 7th round picks.

You know, with all the rumblings of multiple teams wanting to trade down it may be a time to low ball them and move up.
We never have a clue with what Bill will do. But I'd bet the farm that his mind will work through every facet of that option.

Cheers

I like this recent 5th round trade. Multiple signs of intelligence going on in this new front office.

1. Shows they're thinking comprehensively how the draft will play out and where they see certain players being where they want to take a couple shots on goal later. Like, OLine or NT.

2. I also like the Devante trade as it wasn't giving up a ton of draft capital (3rd for a 5th) but with good upside.

Multiple positive signs from this front office. Now, I will take it all back if they draft a WR first :)

You know, with all the rumblings of multiple teams wanting to trade down it may be a time to low ball them and move up.

I've been hearing a lot about teams wanting to move down won't get the usual charted value in return. With 3 sixth round picks BB may want to bundle 2 to move up but you never know. Those picks are 183, 200 and 210.

I’ve really warmed to CB Marcus Jones from Houston. The guy has arguably the best tape of any CB in the draft. Save for the fact he’s 5’9”, he’d probably be a top-5 or top-10 pick.

I also really like Stingley, Gardner, Booth, McDuffie, and Elam as well, so give me any of them and I’ll be happy.
If you like Jones you probably would like Cam Taylor-Britt also. Good tackler , strong against the run plus returns kicks & punts, and blocks kicks.

I like this recent 5th round trade. Multiple signs of intelligence going on in this new front office.

1. Shows they're thinking comprehensively how the draft will play out and where they see certain players being where they want to take a couple shots on goal later. Like, OLine or NT.

2. I also like the Devante trade as it wasn't giving up a ton of draft capital (3rd for a 5th) but with good upside.

Multiple positive signs from this front office. Now, I will take it all back if they draft a WR first :)

It depends on which one... :coffee:

Be Honest, if BB trades out of the 1st round just before the Pats pick are you going to be a bit bummed - even if you like the trade - because that means pats won't be picking a player on day 1?
I'll be watching and while I find it interesting what other teams are doing, I would really like to see pats make a pick thursday night.
I'll get over it if they get a good/great deal trading the pick, but still.

Be Honest, if BB trades out of the 1st round just before the Pats pick are you going to be a bit bummed - even if you like the trade - because that means pats won't be picking a player on day 1?
I'll be watching and while I find it interesting what other teams are doing, I would really like to see pats make a pick thursday night.
I'll get over it if they get a good/great deal trading the pick, but still.

I get what you are saying, but nope. Turn 21 into 5 picks via multiple trades.

Chess.

I'd be flabbergasted if they take a WR after trading for Parker, and don't forget as far as draft capital, that 3rd rounder for Parker is for 2023 so we good for this year.

I’ve really warmed to CB Marcus Jones from Houston. The guy has arguably the best tape of any CB in the draft. Save for the fact he’s 5’9”, he’d probably be a top-5 or top-10 pick.

I also really like Stingley, Gardner, Booth, McDuffie, and Elam as well, so give me any of them and I’ll be happy.

To me, Jones doesn't seem to play like a small guy at all. He looks pretty solid and his change of direction skills are crazy. He's lightning quick. I read somewhere
that some scouts agree that he's the best kick and punt returner to come into the league since Devin Hester. So, he's got that going and is one of the most versatile
players in 'this draft along with being the best playmaker in this draft. That's a lot. Sign me up for wanting him in Foxboro and if it cost us our 1st I wouldn't complain much.

This is one of the better highlight films you'll see. Jones is a phenomenal talent. Check out the one of him stripping the ball away from Cincy's Pierce in the end zone. Pierce
is about 6' 3".

View: https://youtu.be/i5Uym5Vw57k

Last edited:
Back