The non-political Coronavirus thread

EzCzgMnWYAsvYH7

Crazy it seems like forever ago that I heard about somebody having it.
I play in a golf league and one of my partners got it pretty bad in January and told me last week he can't walk 40 yards without running completely out of gas, so he's out for the first time in 27 years. Says he hasn't improved at all, but already had COPD to begin with.

He became the 9th person in my little Venn diagram of friends, acquaintances and relatives, approximately 75 people or so, to test positive. 3 of them were asymptomatic and the rest ran the gamut from mildly ill to wiped out, but he seems to be the hardest hit. I sat at a table last week that had 4 of them at it, but didn't give it a second thought until now.

I wonder how close my experience is to others.

As an aside, I was at a restaurant last week and saw a woman I hadn't seen for a while. She was completely trashed and totally giddy because it was the first time she'd been out to eat and drink in over a year. She ain't the only one, either. A lot of folks are just now venturing out into the world.

I've got my vaccine appointment set for this Friday. I'm excited, I know it takes a couple of weeks to develop the protection, but the end is in sight for me. My nightmare scenario during all of this was getting it and then giving it to my Mom who is 74 with COPD and killing her. My Mom got her first shot a couple of weeks ago now, so she should be good.

Soon this nightmare will be over for us, and I hope the rest of humanity soon thereafter.

I play in a golf league and one of my partners got it pretty bad in January
I mean, if he's playing golf in January, perhaps it was actually pneumonia - or even frostbite? Either way, that's one dedicated golfer.

I mean, if he's playing golf in January, perhaps it was actually pneumonia - or even frostbite? Either way, that's one dedicated golfer.

Either I've gotten pretty sloppy with my sentence structure or you can still get around on a slowball down the middle. I'll guess it's the latter. To be clearerer we live in Massachusetts where you don't play typically play golf in the winter unless you are nuts. I contacted him a few weeks before the normal league start which is late April and that's when I found out that he got the Covid which was in January.

I welcome the debate that was taking place here, but a lot of it was also wrapped up in politics.

This thread is not for debate.

I have moved the conversation in its entirety to the thread in the political forum, even if some of the responses may not have required moving, in order to maintain the discussion. If you are interested in that debate please do it there.

Thank you.

Back