The non-political Coronavirus thread

My father fully recovered before Christmas. A couple of weeks ago he received the vaccine and had been tired and in pain ever since. He was admitted to the hospital on Friday for fluid in the lungs and labored breathing. He passed last night. RIP to a hardworking MF. Taking the vaccine was the right thing in his situation, being in a nursing home, 90 years old and wheelchair bound. No matter your feelings on the vaccine it was his best option, you have to do what is best for your situation. During a pandemic, living in a petri dish is just about the worst case scenario.
So terribly sorry for your loss. You're in my thoughts.

My father fully recovered before Christmas. A couple of weeks ago he received the vaccine and had been tired and in pain ever since. He was admitted to the hospital on Friday for fluid in the lungs and labored breathing. He passed last night. RIP to a hardworking MF. Taking the vaccine was the right thing in his situation, being in a nursing home, 90 years old and wheelchair bound. No matter your feelings on the vaccine it was his best option, you have to do what is best for your situation. During a pandemic, living in a petri dish is just about the worst case scenario.

So sorry. I hope things go as well as they can for you and your family.

may he r.i.p., sorry to read this.

Sorry for your loss, foobahl. My condolences to you and yours.

A friend thinks he has it, his wife was the one who passed away due to a burst brain aneurism while staying home so he didn’t get it. He has been driving a cab almost every day for 60 plus hours a week for a long time. Not surprised he got it if he does. Hopefully it stays mild to nothing much if he does.

Last edited:
Wow, man, I am so sorry for your loss. Peace and comfort to you.

Sorry for your loss,foobahl.

I'm sorry for your loss. RIP.

That sounds very difficult for your family. I wish you peace and strength, and RIP to your Father.

I'll echo your sentiments about nursing homes. My brother in law Don recently sold his house and bought a multi-family so that he could move his Dad here from a nursing home where he has been living during the bulk of the lockdown due to non-covid health issues, Don went to visit him on Thanksgiving (for instance) and was told he couldn't see him. That sort of thing is the hidden cost of Covid. Anyhow, his Dad passed away (not Covid) while they were redoing the apartment for him. Don is upset feeling that he should've done more or made different choices, but-- he sold his house, moved his family and took on a world of issues to try to do something good. It just didn't work out.

At this point, I won't be getting it.. on the advice of doctor. I suffer from an immune-based neurological disorder. Thankfully, due to some miraculous drugs its under control and has been for over 20 years.. I have no symptoms.
But, my neurologist suggests waiting a bit until more is known about how this interacts with people like me. I am going to see him in May. Time will tell. I haven't had a flu shot in 20 years for the same reason... haven't gotten the flu in that time.
Sounds like you might have a good one.

Cheers

Sounds like you might have a good one.

Cheers
He's out of MGH, and he's one of the best in the world. I am very lucky to have gotten coonected with him all those years ago but that is a story for another thread someday.

Wow, I’m really sorry to hear that, man. All the best to you and your family during this time. Your family is in my prayers.

I remember when Dad died. It was like I couldn't breathe for a month. It was so very hard. Sorry for your loss. Be well.

BostonTim

Cloth masks are good but N95 ( or KN95s) are better. If you can get them and it is easier now, they filter out more of the smaller particles... Just try to avoid touching it with your hands to avoid contaminating it. Watch the videos for donning and doffing...

Cloth masks are good but N95 ( or KN95s) are better. If you can get them and it is easier now, they filter out more of the smaller particles... Just try to avoid touching it with your hands to avoid contaminating it. Watch the videos for donning and doffing...
Good grief.

Back