The non-political Coronavirus thread

johnlocke

Reaction score
judging by the root "card" i'm going to say heart issue.

Yes, and I know of a Sox pitcher that the Dr.s claimed had it because of CV.

I have yet to see an objective doc put forth the validation for this. Maybe they have but to be fair I haven't really been paying that much attention as it seems to affect a very small of folks.

foobahl

Reaction score
Over the weekend I had a niece and her mother and boyfriend come down with the Rona. She and her boyfriend are social butterflies, were never socially distancing (which I believe in) and from pictures were rarely wearing masks. In Mass WTF, you guys are getting hammered again. Then Saturday night found out my father who is in a nursing home in ManchVegas has had the Rona and Pneumonia in his lungs since Tuesday. They have him on blood thinners, antibiotics and oxygen but he is not hospitalized. He has a couple of lower body aneurysms, so being on blood thinners if one were to let go, they say there is nothing they can do for him. Fingers crossed.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Over the weekend I had a niece and her mother and boyfriend come down with the Rona. She and her boyfriend are social butterflies, were never socially distancing (which I believe in) and from pictures were rarely wearing masks. In Mass WTF, you guys are getting hammered again. Then Saturday night found out my father who is in a nursing home in ManchVegas has had the Rona and Pneumonia in his lungs since Tuesday. They have him on blood thinners, antibiotics and oxygen but he is not hospitalized. He has a couple of lower body aneurysms, so being on blood thinners if one were to let go, they say there is nothing they can do for him. Fingers crossed.
Prayers and best wishes, foobahl. COVID sucks

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Hope everyone is ok. Yeah, I mean, some of us just have to be safe as possible, and this time of the year, its not going to get better. Stay safe, wear a mask, stay in when you can, and try and get through the winter.

Joolz

Reaction score
Best wishes, foobahl 🤗

Inspector_50

Reaction score
So took wife to the Hospital, she was running fever, and she is positive, which probably means I have it too, but I tested negative so far. She was not doing well. Just got off the phone with them, they have her drugged up, she was having pretty bad chest discomfort. She is a school teacher, so I am guessing that is how she got it, other then that, we do not really leave the house.

johnlocke

Reaction score
So took wife to the Hospital, she was running fever, and she is positive, which probably means I have it too, but I tested negative so far. She was not doing well. Just got off the phone with them, they have her drugged up, she was having pretty bad chest discomfort. She is a school teacher, so I am guessing that is how she got it, other then that, we do not really leave the house.

Very sorry to hear that, man. Hope you guys end up well.

imapig

Roger Godell Gets mounted by Stallions
Reaction score
That sucks dude I hope your wife is going to be OK

Inspector_50

Reaction score
So she is still in Hospital, they removed her spleen this morning. She is back in her isolation room. Still running fever, but her breathing has improved a bit. Still negative for me, which makes me think I already had it and didnt know it.
Its weird. She started having symptoms Sunday night, so its had time to start working on me. She is pretty depressed being in the hospital around Christmas, and she is also upset that she took so many precautions and still ended up getting it.
Everytime the phone rings I always think the worst. She is for sure not getting worse, so thats a good sign.

johnlocke

Reaction score
So she is still in Hospital, they removed her spleen this morning. She is back in her isolation room. Still running fever, but her breathing has improved a bit. Still negative for me, which makes me think I already had it and didnt know it.
Its weird. She started having symptoms Sunday night, so its had time to start working on me. She is pretty depressed being in the hospital around Christmas, and she is also upset that she took so many precautions and still ended up getting it.
Everytime the phone rings I always think the worst. She is for sure not getting worse, so thats a good sign.

Jesus, man. My heart is breaking. Be well, guys.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Oh, thank god. And coming from an atheist that something. All my best to you and her.
Yeah I appreciate it. When she went on the respirator Saturday, I really thought that was it, because that is all I have read, when they go on that its over. I have not even been able to be in the room with her either. I told them put me in a hazmat suit. Its been a rough two weeks, it will be nice to see her awake. In less than a month I have learned what oxygen level, the difference in improvement in respiratory symptoms and improvement in symptoms. I'm going to be a medical expert after this.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Yeah I appreciate it. When she went on the respirator Saturday, I really thought that was it, because that is all I have read, when they go on that its over. I have not even been able to be in the room with her either. I told them put me in a hazmat suit. Its been a rough two weeks, it will be nice to see her awake. In less than a month I have learned what oxygen level, the difference in improvement in respiratory symptoms and improvement in symptoms. I'm going to be a medical expert after this.

Ugh!! Terrible. I feel for you guys on the absence, man. Haven't seen my mom since March but that's not the same as a wife.

Be well guys.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Ugh!! Terrible. I feel for you guys on the absence, man. Haven't seen my mom since March but that's not the same as a wife.

Be well guys.
No its just as bad. My Mom passed in 2006. Not seeing family is tough, especially when you always saw them before. I just hope this thing gets under control and everyone can go back to normal and families can once again be together.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
A Facebook friend lost his wife, had been in the host since early December and on center since earlier last week.

Another friend I know was put on a vent for about a day but is off it already and eating and talking.
It is very interesting how everyone recovers differently.

foobahl

Reaction score
Scary stuff. I am happy for your family that this is hopefully coming to a healthier conclusion.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Received news that a co-worker of mine down in NC died Christmas Eve. He and I occupy the same position at our company and competed internally. He was a fiery and worthy competitor and we went back and forth many times all the while driving and teaching each other. I respected him.

We were life twins as we both moved away from the North East (me to MI and him to NC), stumbled into our wives and had three children and built our families. We are the same age and the significant events of our lives line up almost to the month. Married 25 years with 19, 20 and 21 year old kids in college. I respected him even more for his accomplishments leading his family.

Now he is gone. I will miss the competitor and friend, but my throat aches painfully for his family as I type this.

Cause of death was vasculitis which is so general to me I don't know what to make of it.

Too damn young. Not fair.