The non-political Coronavirus thread

Just found out that my cousin and her husband tested positive. She is 8 months pregnant. Haven't thought about this situation before.

My guess is all are going to be fine. But it will be quite interesting to monitor.

I have family who work as EMTs and other Medical workers. It has been a really bad situation for them. Going into a house as an EMT and knowing it is the virus yet the people in the house refuse to accept that fact. One run they picked up 3 members of a family who all ended up dead from the virus Yet they had to go back again a week later for two others who would not take any precautions. In this county we have seen over 14,000 cases and had 244 deaths. At my age and connections here I knew a great number of them. I can only hope that things get better about handling the issue. Governor just reinstated a number of restrictions trying to get things under control. The state has had 256,000 cases and 5,000 deaths

We just finished our first two week quarantine. My wife and I had direct exposure on Halloween from one of our friends. The quarantine was honestly pretty nice. Got a little bit done around the house. Probably could have done more. 😂 I got kinda used to being able to make meals at my own leisure. With my job there wasn't much that I could do from home so the office has to fend for themselves and call me with any questions. I'd be lying if I said I was excited to go back to work this morning.

My Sister is an ER nurse at a hospital just outside Boston. Back in April and May she was very concerned about the Wuhan and told several stories of the weird and severe effects some of her patients (several of whom were far from elderly) were struggling with.

Anyhow, that was then. Today she mentioned that while she's seen several people coming in lately who tested positive, she now wonders aloud whether the virus has moderated. Nobody is getting severely sick.

And she was a true believer who is right there in the trenches every day.

I believe that by this time next year we'll be normal. Not new normal. Regular normal with maybe more hand-washing and a little less hand shaking. Masks will be worn on Halloween and on ski slopes. It'll be social anathema to call attention to the Covid in public and folks will just let it fade away. News shows will follow suit.

Two American companies have vaccines within a few weeks of full production. 95% effectiveness is really good for a vaccine.

Just got my test results back and they are negative but that was of little surprise to me. We have extremely few cases in this area. YMMV.

A friend is in the ICU at the local hospital. Pneumonia, covid. Was admitted with a high fever (103) and his pulse ox was 86%. He is still posting on facebook. He has had infections in the past actually affect his heart and his pneumonia has gotten to his blood stream. He is wife and daughter are both positive also.

Also a coworker left work early today because he son passed out (probably dehydrated) but they did a covid test. While he doesn't expect it to be positive, if it is, he is probably out a few weeks. I hope that doesn't happen because it will get fun in here for a few weeks as we were already a man down with an open position.

A family member on my dads side passed away with it (hesitate to say it was all from it). It was my dads moms sisters husband. Both him and his wife live in assisted living facility so not a big surprise they got it even though they don’t go out. Plus being in their late 80’s or 90’s didn’t help.

A family member on my dads side passed away with it (hesitate to say it was all from it). It was my dads moms sisters husband. Both him and his wife live in assisted living facility so not a big surprise they got it even though they don’t go out. Plus being in their late 80’s or 90’s didn’t help.

I'm very sorry to hear that man. Thoughts and energy to the family.

Back