The non-political Coronavirus thread

judging by the root "card" i'm going to say heart issue.

Yes, and I know of a Sox pitcher that the Dr.s claimed had it because of CV.

I have yet to see an objective doc put forth the validation for this. Maybe they have but to be fair I haven't really been paying that much attention as it seems to affect a very small of folks.

Over the weekend I had a niece and her mother and boyfriend come down with the Rona. She and her boyfriend are social butterflies, were never socially distancing (which I believe in) and from pictures were rarely wearing masks. In Mass WTF, you guys are getting hammered again. Then Saturday night found out my father who is in a nursing home in ManchVegas has had the Rona and Pneumonia in his lungs since Tuesday. They have him on blood thinners, antibiotics and oxygen but he is not hospitalized. He has a couple of lower body aneurysms, so being on blood thinners if one were to let go, they say there is nothing they can do for him. Fingers crossed.

Over the weekend I had a niece and her mother and boyfriend come down with the Rona. She and her boyfriend are social butterflies, were never socially distancing (which I believe in) and from pictures were rarely wearing masks. In Mass WTF, you guys are getting hammered again. Then Saturday night found out my father who is in a nursing home in ManchVegas has had the Rona and Pneumonia in his lungs since Tuesday. They have him on blood thinners, antibiotics and oxygen but he is not hospitalized. He has a couple of lower body aneurysms, so being on blood thinners if one were to let go, they say there is nothing they can do for him. Fingers crossed.
Prayers and best wishes, foobahl. COVID sucks

Best wishes, foobahl 🤗

Very sorry to hear that, man. Hope you guys end up well.

Jesus, man. My heart is breaking. Be well, guys.

Oh, thank god. And coming from an atheist that is something. All my best to you and her.

Ugh!! Terrible. I feel for you guys on the absence, man. Haven't seen my mom since March but that's not the same as a wife.

Be well guys.

A Facebook friend lost his wife, had been in the host since early December and on center since earlier last week.

Another friend I know was put on a vent for about a day but is off it already and eating and talking.
It is very interesting how everyone recovers differently.

Received news that a co-worker of mine down in NC died Christmas Eve. He and I occupy the same position at our company and competed internally. He was a fiery and worthy competitor and we went back and forth many times all the while driving and teaching each other. I respected him.

We were life twins as we both moved away from the North East (me to MI and him to NC), stumbled into our wives and had three children and built our families. We are the same age and the significant events of our lives line up almost to the month. Married 25 years with 19, 20 and 21 year old kids in college. I respected him even more for his accomplishments leading his family.

Now he is gone. I will miss the competitor and friend, but my throat aches painfully for his family as I type this.

Cause of death was vasculitis which is so general to me I don't know what to make of it.

Too damn young. Not fair.

Back