The non-political Coronavirus thread

Does anyone who has had the shot wish they would have waited for the johnson & johnson?

Proof? Natural causes, according to her obituary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a coinkEdink? :coffee:

You can choose to believe whatever you want...but, this is glaringly obvious.

Are you saying that 40 year olds never die of heart attacks, aneurisms, etc?

Really?

If you’re going to make an asinine claim, provide evidence.

Heart attack IS a common side effect from the jab...so, perhaps. :coffee:

Again, friggin’ hilarious. Where is this idiot getting his fake data?

LMAO...are you kidding me?!?!

That site literally copied the CDC site...made the stats easier to find.

Come on man!

Blame the CDC...because it's THEIR STATS!

The site is simply translating the CDC stats on their own site (I've tried to look up the stats on the CDC site, and they're purposely making it very difficult to find). There is absolutely no BS...now, if the stats are BS (I think they are...I think the CDC is skewing the stats way low), feel free to blame the CDC, because it's THEIR stats.

Last edited:
LMAO...are you kidding me?!?!

That site literally copied the CDC site...made the stats easier to find.

Come on man!

Blame the CDC...because it's THEIR STATS!

The site is simply translating the CDC stats on their own site (I've tried to look up the stats on the CDC site, and they're purposely making it very difficult to find). There is absolutely no BS...now, if the stats are BS (I think they are...I think the CDC is skewing the stats way low), feel free to blame the CDC, because it's THEIR stats.

So you can’t find the CDC stats.
But that website of yours is legit.

Logical.

The CDC jab stats are all in the VAERS site...they update every few weeks. Every two weeks or so I think. I don't doubt that their stats are skewed, since they have their agenda...but, it is what it is.

Does anyone who has had the shot wish they would have waited for the johnson & johnson?
I was lucky and didn't have to wait. I was scheduled for the Moderna shot and then another location out of the blue had some extra johnson & johnson shots so I went for it. Only having to get one shot was nice. I still had a little soreness but nothing terrible. My only concern after having it is now I'm reading that it might not be as effective as the other two. :shrug-n:

Is anyone taking the same perspective I am on the shot? Basically, I'll get it when and if it's conveniently available to me, but I'm not going out of my way to go and get it. I'm just not worried enough about a disease with a 99% survival rate, and since everyone at significant risk can get the shot whenever they want to, I'm not putting others at risk (that they're not apparently okay taking, at least) by not getting the shot.

If I'm at a doctor's appointment and they ask if I've had the shot, and ask if I want it? Go ahead, jab me. Other than that? Meh.

It just seems like everyone is so strongly pro- or anti-vax...

I am not strongly pro or anti either way.

Right or wrong, I think the hope is that enough people will get vaccinated to at least sharply reduce its spread if not eliminate it. I think with the unknown length of effectiveness for the vaccine, they hope to have enough of a percentage immunized at once to get that herd immunity.

Not sure there are a large enough percentage of Americans willing to get the shot to prove that true or false though.

I am not strongly pro or anti either way.

Right or wrong, I think the hope is that enough people will get vaccinated to at least sharply reduce its spread if not eliminate it. I think with the unknown length of effectiveness for the vaccine, they hope to have enough of a percentage immunized at once to get that herd immunity.

Not sure there are a large enough percentage of Americans willing to get the shot to prove that true or false though.

I respect that some choose not to have the vaccine, because nobody can say for sure that there won't be long-term issues for those that do.

I see it as a decision with potential consequences either way you go, so I don't judge those that refuse. I made my decision to get one and hope it is the right one, but I don't really know for sure and neither does anybody else.

I don't know what the percentages will ultimately be nationally, but in my corner of the world it seems to be a slam dunk for getting it and only a few refusers. I'd say it's at least 5 to 1., but that might be due to the fact that most of my friends and relatives are over 50. Maybe it's different for those younger. I could sum it up with "I'm protected, so if you choose not to be then that is on you".

I still believe this is all going away before too long and people will remember it but not dwell on it. The new normal will be a whole lot more like the old normal, but with face masks being used by a few in public places and more hand-washing. And with little tolerance for Covid being an all-purpose excuse for whatever people don't want to do or is more convenient for them.

Back