The non-political Coronavirus thread

Is anyone taking the same perspective I am on the shot? Basically, I'll get it when and if it's conveniently available to me, but I'm not going out of my way to go and get it. I'm just not worried enough about a disease with a 99% survival rate, and since everyone at significant risk can get the shot whenever they want to, I'm not putting others at risk (that they're not apparently okay taking, at least) by not getting the shot.

If I'm at a doctor's appointment and they ask if I've had the shot, and ask if I want it? Go ahead, jab me. Other than that? Meh.

It just seems like everyone is so strongly pro- or anti-vax...
It will need to be both convenient and PROVEN safe over a considerable period of time (years) before I will consider it.

As of now, there is no reason for me to get the jab. My position may change if my personal situation changes.

It will need to be both convenient and PROVEN safe over a considerable period of time (years) before I will consider it.

As of now, there is no reason for me to get the jab. My position may change if my personal situation changes.

I don’t think I would have gotten it so quickly if I wasn’t a teacher. That was the primary reason I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t think I would have gotten it so quickly if I wasn’t a teacher. That was the primary reason I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Personal decision which I respect.

Soooo...anyone else get the Johnson & Johnson? 🤦‍♂️

I was supposed to Friday, now I’ll wait as the mass site isn’t happening now. I bet this pause doesn’t last long. Six people out of 6.8 million had a clot issue, 6! I will still take it over the other two.

I got it, and no worries at all :shrug-n:
I’m not worried about it when I can get it. Until there is hundreds, if not thousands, of cases of this reaction it isn’t a big deal. They paused it over six cases in the USA out of 6.8 million.

I had wanted J&J so it would be one-shot-and-done. I got my first today (Pfizer) and it was vaccine-du-jour (no menu, no sommelier offering fine vintage with hints of nutmeg and aloe with a smooth WD40 finish :coffee: )vaclegal.JPG

I had wanted J&J so it would be one-shot-and-done. I got my first today (Pfizer) and it was vaccine-du-jour (no menu, no sommelier offering fine vintage with hints of nutmeg and aloe with a smooth WD40 finish :coffee: )View attachment 3190
:ROFLMAO: If you are good with getting the jab, the J&J is fine. Other jabs have side effects at a higher rate. There is a reason they made .00000088 risk a huge deal. It isn't.

* disclaimer: I have a position in J&J stock and took a hit today, LOL.

Teh wifey and I got positive tests Tuesday. I'm asymptomatic. She is feeling a little run down, but not too bad. I work from home, so no big deal for me. She is home 10 days. Kids home the rest of this week and are off for break next week, so all in all not too big of an impact.

Teh wifey and I got positive tests Tuesday. I'm asymptomatic. She is feeling a little run down, but not too bad. I work from home, so no big deal for me. She is home 10 days. Kids home the rest of this week and are off for break next week, so all in all not too big of an impact.
Crazy it seems like forever ago that I heard about somebody having it.

Crazy it seems like forever ago that I heard about somebody having it.
A player on a baseball team I coach has it. Was in lockdown for a few days but fortunately, I tested negative.

Y'all be well. :beer:

Sorry about that. I hope neither of you get it badly. All the best.

Back