The Official is Mark Sanchez a Bust Thread

Dirty Sanchez a Bust?

• He's a Bust

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • He's not a Bust

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Define Bust

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I'm willing to give him even MORE time to figure shit out.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • He's legitimately hurt (lmfao)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sonsofkraftybob

Mmmmmm, feet! Nom, Nom, Nom.
Reaction score
Now that my last 2 Official Bust Threads (CJ & LOMO) are over with
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=18351&highlight=official+chad+jackson+bust
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=37614&highlight=official+chad+jackson+bust

I figured we needed a new one. And to ward off any "perception becomes reality" or "Jinx of SOKB" conspiracy theories I figured we would change it up a little and focus my wrath on a Jet.

He looked like dog shit last week. I call BS on the "Shottie needs to take the leash off" If he took the leash off it would have been 45-9 Ravens.

So lets have at it....is he a Bust?

**** Mark Sanchez. ****ing bust.

Where is the "He has a nice bust" option?:huh:

No, for serious. I think he needs more time. I've watched him at times when he looks pretty good. Then Monday happened.

Are you counting Ronnie Brown or does Buffalo actually have a starting QB and no one told me?

Oh shit. 5th-best. Actually probably 6th if you count Hoyer. If Pennington's on the Miami shadow roster, Sanchez slides to 7th-best.

And yes, Trent Edwards > Mark Sanchez. Stats don't lie.

When your fans are saying, "I wish we had a QB who was more like Trent Edwards," odds are, you're a bust.

But in keeping with conventional wisdom, I'll give him half this season before it's official, IMO.

How bout that. I didn't know Buffalo had a QB. Good for them.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Sanchez might be the 3rd-best QB on the Jets.

Brad Smith is obviously better, and it remains to be seen what Brunell has left in the tank :coffee:

BUST

His 1st year's stats were worse than Jamarcus Russell's. His attitude is all about celebrity and entitlement; he's loving his carefree life in NY and he isn't focusing on football. He is having a good time just as any other immature kid his age would. Never mind that he is the face of a 700M NFL franchise.

His coaches are reportedly having to remind him he doesn't have it all figured out and yet he isn't a student of the game. His coaches don't trust him not to make mistakes in judgment so they don't put him positions of risk. He was a game manager in the playoffs last year when they had some success but that was greatly aided by 5 consecutive missed field goals by his opponents. Chances of that happening are less than 2%. Unless he changes drastically, he will continue to be a bust.

Now that I'm thinking about it, Sanchez might be the 3rd-best QB on the Jets.

Brad Smith is obviously better, and it remains to be seen what Brunell has left in the tank :coffee:
Didn't Mark Brunell play for the Jagzzzzz?

I'm pretty sure that disqualifies him from being refered to as a QB.

Didn't Mark Brunell play for the Jagzzzzz?

I'm pretty sure that disqualifies him from being refered to as a QB.

I think Brunell last played for them 5 or 6 years ago.

The "If he's a Jaguar he can't really be a QB" rule really didn't start until after that with Leftwich, and continued by David Garrard (and OMG MATT JONES)

I voted that he is not a bust. Don't get me wrong, he sucks ass, but if he were a bust, the JEST might get rid of him. I'd prefer he stays.

I think Brunell last played for them 5 or 6 years ago.

The "If he's a Jaguar he can't really be a QB" rule really didn't start until after that with Leftwich, and continued by David Garrard (and OMG MATT JONES)
omgmattjonezzzz!!!!

I miss Byron Leftwich.

:sulk:

I voted that he is not a bust. Don't get me wrong, he sucks ass, but if he were a bust, the JEST might get rid of him. I'd prefer he stays.

Browning Nagle, BC's Own Glenn Foley, Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell and Boomer Esiason all say you're wrong.

Back