Nope ...... but the new Battle star Galactica mini series on sci-fi has been interesting.

The wife sucked me into watching it with her ..... thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Undertaker #59 said:
Anyone watching this show? It gets a little more bewildering every week.

I'm hooked on this show.

I love the way they're slowly developing the characters. The island mysteries just add to the appeal.

And looking at Kate and Shannon every week certainly is a plus :thumb:

I missed it the first time around, but started watching when they showed the first 3 episodes again a few weeks ago. It's pretty good - can't wait to find out what the 'hatch' is all about. I'm hoping it doesn't end up being something really stupid.

I worked until about 1 AM last night and missed it.

Can someone fill me in on what happened? I've been keeping up with it up until now.

Undertaker #59 said:
I would be glad to Flagg, but I get too bewildered and can't remember character names.

Keep an eye here: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/episodes/2004-05/13.html

They'll have a full recap soon that will explain it much better than I could. They have full recaps for all the previous episodes that are pretty good.

Yeah, I haven't got all the names memorized yet.

In general, the episode focused on Boone and Shannon, the brother and sister. We find out that they're actually step-siblings. Boone's mother married Shannon's father. The bottom line is that Boone has been in love with Shannon for a long time and Locke (the hunter) helps Boone work through it in a bizarre way.

Other assorted subplots, too numerous to get into.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
Nope ...... but the new Battle star Galactica mini series on sci-fi has been interesting.

The wife sucked me into watching it with her ..... thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :D
:banghead:

I forgot all about that. I was watching a Smallville rerun.
________
vaporizer

Flagg Wanderer said:
I worked until about 1 AM last night and missed it.

Can someone fill me in on what happened? I've been keeping up with it up until now.

I love this show!! I actually taped it since I was out last night, so here's the story (you can skip this if you already read the synopsis on ABC, but since I already typed this novel ;):

To start, Sayid gives Shannon a gift for helping him translate the French documents. It seems that he is sweet on her, and Boone notices. Boone later tells Sayid to stay away from his sister, but Sayid doesn't seem threatened. At the same time, Hurley is dying for some real meat and complains that Locke and Boone's boar-hunting trips are coming up short. He wonders why they continue to hunt yet return to camp empty-handed. Jack tells Hurley to try to fish or ask Jin to help him catch more fish, but Hurley thinks Jin has been holding a grudge against him since that first day when Hurley rejected the sea urchin Jin was serving to the survivors. He reluctantly goes out to the beach to try his luck anyway.

Meanwhile, Locke and Boone embark on another boar-hunt, but the true nature of their expeditions is revealed - they are trying to open a hatch in some kind of fuselage buried on the island. Boone tells Locke he wants to tell the entire camp, including Shannon, about this important discovery. Locke appears to be ok with it but then knocks him out with a blow to the head. Boone wakes up in restraints, asking why Locke would do this to him. Locke places a knife just feet away from Boone and says if he is motivated enough, he will cut himself free. Locke then makes his exit and soon we hear the "monster". Shannon's screaming for help somewhere, and Boone cries out to her. He finally manages to get himself free and runs towards her cries. He finds her tied to a tree. He frees her and they start running for their lives from the monster. Although they are able to hide for a while, Shannon is seen being lifted by the monster and disappears. Boone keeps running and tries to find her, when he approaches a stream and notices blood on the rocks. He follows the trail of blood to find her body by the stream. She's dead.

In the next scene he runs back to camp and starts to tackle Locke in anger. Locke says Shannon can't be dead, she's been at the camp all day with Sayid. It's true, she was never in the jungle with Boone. Boone is shocked at the realization that the entire sequence was a vision. He says he felt relief when she died, and Locke says that he should let his "feelings" for his sister go.

The backstory for this episode is on Boone and Shannon's relationship. A flashback begins with a panicked Shannon calling Boone from Sydney. She tells Boone she needs him to come get her, and she can be heard over the phone screaming at someone. Boone flies to Sydney and arrives at her home to find her with her boyfriend, who has no idea Shannon called Boone. Shannon appears to have bruises on her forehead, and subtly signals to Boone that she is in trouble but that he must leave. Boone gets the idea. It turns out though, that she is scamming Boone to get money from his mother. As it turns out, Boone and Shannon are not blood relatives, only by marriage. Boone does what he normally does when she ends up with loser boyfriends - he bribes them with money so they will "go away". The boyfriend demands $50,000, but soon after Boone realizes that Shannon was just scamming him. Later on, Shannon comes to Boone's hotel informing him that the boyfriend ran off with the money and left, so the circle of irony is complete. She is drunk and tells Boone she thinks Boone is in love with her. She starts to make a move and he doesn't resist. It's a little creepy watching them get it on, even though they're not really related, the whole incest thing comes up anyway and it's a little disturbing to watch. The next morning, Shannon tells Boone they'll go back to the US and pretend that nothing happened.

Meanwhile, Hurley and Jin are "bonding" trying to catch fish. Hurley unfortunately steps on a sea urchin and the hilarity of Hurley trying to tell Jin to "pee on my foot!" is off the charts. Later, Jin tries to coax Hurley to eat some sea urchin, and although Hurley tries, it just comes back up on him. Towards the end of the episode, Jin catches and cleans a fish and presents it to an awed Hurley.

Jack is wandering around in the jungle and notices Kate is gathering some herbs and seeds. He watches her for a while, not announcing his presence, when she pipes up that she knows he's there. He asks what she's doing so she takes him to a cleared patch of land where Sun has been working on a garden. In another scene, Kate is talking to Sun even though she believes Sun can't understand English, but when Sun reacts to something Kate says, Kate demands to know "you can understand me, can't you?" to which Sun finally says yes. She pleas with Kate to not tell anyone and she agree. It would seem that in the wake of the accident, Sun has found a rekindled love towards her husband and no longer wants to leave him after all.

That is most of what I remember. There was one small part that stuck out to me - in one of the flashbacks, Boone is at the Sydney police department trying to find a way to have the "abusive" boyfriend arrested, when he sees a loudly-protesting Sawyer being led into the office in handcuffs. I think Boone remembers this and is one reason why he doesn't trust Sawyer from the get-go.

Excellent synopsis, maelli!

The only thing I would add is when Locke has Boone tied up, he puts a paste on Boone's head to help heal it. He then throws the knife at his feet and tells him camp is four miles west and that "you'll thank me for this later, you'll be able to free yourself when you are properly motivated."

It seems to me that it was implied toward the end of the show that the paste caused Boone's "vision" of his sister and the creature.

The other small plot point is Locke gives his compass to Sayid, saying he doesn't need it any more. Sayid discovers that compasses are not working properly on the island.

Wow, that's some serious typing there, Mary. Good synopisis.

I picked up on the Sawyer appearance as well. They've done that often in the flashbacks. After all, they were all in Sydney at the same time, so somewhere along the line, paths were bound to cross.

Undertaker #59 said:
The other small plot point is Locke gives his compass to Sayid, saying he doesn't need it any more. Sayid discovers that compasses are not working properly on the island.

Ah yes! Forgot that one. I wasn't too keyed in on that storyline, but my impression was that Locke gave Sayid a faulty compass, maybe in an effort to sabotage Sayid somehow. Of course, if all compasses aren't working, does that mean there's some kind of weird Bermuda Triangle effect going on? :shrug:

bideau said:
Wow, that's some serious typing there, Mary. Good synopisis.

I picked up on the Sawyer appearance as well. They've done that often in the flashbacks. After all, they were all in Sydney at the same time, so somewhere along the line, paths were bound to cross.

Absolutely! I noticed that in the first episode, when Jin and Sun were in line at the airline and Sun was getting ready to make her break for freedom. It was all set, all she had to do was walk out. BUT, because Jack was at the counter fighting with the ticket agent about his father's coffin, he held up the line, and kind of spoiled Sun's plans (I also now think she had a mini-change-of-heart at the last minute). It's just a small subtle thing, but hits you later on as these layers unfold.

maelli said:
Ah yes! Forgot that one. I wasn't too keyed in on that storyline, but my impression was that Locke gave Sayid a faulty compass, maybe in an effort to sabotage Sayid somehow. Of course, if all compasses aren't working, does that mean there's some kind of weird Bermuda Triangle effect going on? :shrug:

They didn't show if the compass Sayid made with the magnet and needle floating in water pointed in the same direction as the compass Locke gave him.

So we don't know if that particular compass is defective, as Sayaid said to Jack, or if all compasses are defective.

If the latter is the truth, then it suggests two likely outcomes.

Something on the island is defelcting the compass needle.

What's behind the hatch? Is there something down there that would deflect the needle?

The other possiblilty is that the sun's direction doesn't agree with the compass because the island is some sort of artificial environment. It would be some sort of Truman Show simulation that the survivors were placed in (this is one of the ideas that's been kicked around on the various discussion boards).

This idea is reenforced by the hatch ( a door to get off the stage) the rain occuring out of the blue, the ocean rising suddenly at the beach, etc.

There was one line that caught my attention.

At the begining, when Locke and Boone were walking into the jungle, Locke chastized Boone for confronting Sayid.

Locke said "we'll need him on our side".

Side? There are going to be sides?

This may tie in with two other Locke tidbits from earlier episodes.

When Locke taught the kid the rules of backgammon, he held up the white and black pieces in his hands and described them as a battle between good and evil.

When Claire had the dreams about someone taking here baby she came across Locke. One of his eyes was all white and the other was all black. They were the same orientation as when he held up the backgammon pieces (i.e., the left was black and the right was white)

Locke is definitely the key to the whole thing.

Remember after his encounter with the monster, he made some comment about now understanding everything.

And Boone also made a reference to Locke during his hallucination with Shannon. Something about needing Locke because he's the only one who knows what's going on. Don't remember the exact phrase.

dchester said:
:banghead:

I forgot all about that. I was watching a Smallville rerun.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/mini/ If you want to get caught up on the mini series.

Friday night 9 pm the "series" starts I'm sure they will have a brief synopsis of what happened thus far.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/mini/ If you want to get caught up on the mini series.

Friday night 9 pm the "series" starts I'm sure they will have a brief synopsis of what happened thus far.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

HEY....no hijacking allowed here. Go start your own thread ;)

Thanks, all.

There's something a little un-normal about that island, I think.

Some interesting developments in the latest episode:

- The comic book that Walt is reading has many images related to the island.

- Walt's step-dad tells Mike that strange things happen around him.

- Another polar bear shows up.

- Locke continues to be in the middle of things.

- Claire returns to camp....but is she still pregnant?

- Kate and Shannon are still hot (those jeans fit very well on Kate :thumb: )

Back