THE OFFICIAL: N00bs ~~ Jump In The Water's Fine Here Thread

RoadGrader on 06-21-2007 at 01:50 PM said:
Summer's Officially here today and Your Planet Needs You N00bs..........

Time to stop lurking and jump right into the cool, refreshing waters of PatriotsPlanet by making your introductory posts here, I mean what the hell are you waiting for?

Nothing much is going on with Training Camp not open yet, no Planet regulars are having (or admitting to having) any affairs they want to talk about -- WE NEED SOME FRESH INPUT, Dammit

Be the 1st on your block to jump in -- we won't bite (at least not hard enough to leave any of those incriminating marks The Authorities like to find)

Especially any of you shy, retiring women out there who have been dying for more excitement in your lives -- why not rip those nasty, restricting clothes off your bad selves, jump into the cool pool we have here and make those fine [Mod edit for content] of yours stand out prominently, your [Mod edit for content] uplifted in proud testament of the fact that your outer beauty is simply a facade hiding your inner beauty yearning to be free

Soccer moms welcome --- Rugby chicks too, maybe (if you're hetero -- [know what I'm talkin'?] )

I can promise you all (even you guys) a hale and hearty welcome here, unless you prove to deserve otherwise

Maybe even The Clown that runs this joint will make this thread a Sticky (whether you N00bs turn it into one anyway with a hawt 1st post) if he's not too busy juggling his balls back there wherever he is

the thread is now yours

you left out an important part.....you forgot to tell the bronco fans to just keep on lurking.......>)

Undertaker #59 on 06-22-2007 at 09:27 AM said:
Welcome Ponder.

What a long time to lurk, but I think a lot of new people have felt the same way you do - that we have a tight community that they would feel they are interrupting. I would like to assure you and them that this is not the case. One of our favorite things is when a good new user comes along and adds his/her voice to the chorus. It it always cool to see new people integrate with the old.

Who you callin' old you freakin' clown?

:mad:

BTW, glad you came out of hiding, Ponder....welcome to the posting life! Condolences on the Colt's fan thing you've got going on.

RoadGrader on 06-22-2007 at 12:21 PM said:

2.) dashoe: ........and it came to me what a skilled craftsman he really was at what he does

Yeah, most guys aren't that flexible.

Undertaker #59 on 06-24-2007 at 10:29 AM said:
I thought you liked getting old?

Actually, getting older is pretty cool....though Annihilus hasn't really reached 'old' status yet.

Now Ras on the other hand..... ;)

Really, getting called old by a clown with razor teeth is just disturbing.

3 pages....

1 new poster....

and not one mention of zombies?

:eek:

Welcome to the fun, ponder!

Apparently, some things can be deduced here by process of elimination.

Either

#1, ponder is the only lurker, or
#2, all the lurkers are away on vacation, or
#3, the regs scare the living sh*t out of newbies.

Those can also be combined to various degrees.

Benign Despot on 06-24-2007 at 03:52 PM said:
We need better bait

what kind of bait are you talking about?

b596142fa0.jpg

OK. I'll wade in at the shallow end. Brand new to the Planet, but wanted to see how good a job RG did on sizing my pic. I envy all you fans who actually live in NE. As a transplant to CA, not many Pats aficionados here in the heart of Raidahs country. Looking forward to risking my neck posting on your site. I'm new. I'm old. Be kind.

Welcome.

Nonono...I told you to watch OUT for RG. I actually did the resizing for you. :)

oldbagfan on 06-28-2007 at 01:50 PM said:
OK. I'll wade in at the shallow end. Brand new to the Planet, but wanted to see how good a job RG did on sizing my pic. I envy all you fans who actually live in NE. As a transplant to CA, not many Pats aficionados here in the heart of Raidahs country. Looking forward to risking my neck posting on your site. I'm new. I'm old. Be kind.

Welcome OBF. The thing about the internet message boards is no one really knows how old/young you are unless you tell them. I'm 102 but most think I'm 24.

Oops. Scrod up already! Big tnx to UT for kindly assistance to the elderly and am now remembering his sage advice to watch out for RG (sounds like state abbreviations). Sorry to have nothing of particular merit to contribute to the pool, so I'll jump back into the bushes with this important comment from New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."

welcome to the planet old bag fan, I would say Patriots Planet but we have a bit of a revolution brewing around here but pay that no attention

now the name oldbagfan is that a family name?

oldbagfan on 06-28-2007 at 01:59 PM said:
Sorry to have nothing of particular merit to contribute to the pool, so I'll jump back into the bushes

Don't do that! Not having anything of particular merit to contribute doesn't seem to stop anyone else. ;) Post away.

oldbagfan on 06-28-2007 at 01:59 PM said:
Sorry to have nothing of particular merit to contribute to the pool, so I'll jump back into the bushes with this important comment from New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."
you've already commented on more football with this post than most of us have in our previous 10,000 or so

Maybe you guys aren't so scary after all (knocking on wood). As to my heritage: I'm from my mother. As to my age: think cheddar cheese. Parting thought for today: Darrell Royal, Texas football coach, asked if the abnormal number of Longhorn injuries that season resulted from poor physical conditioning: "One player was lost because he broke his nose. How do you go about getting a nose in condition for football?" (1966)

Back