The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

I believe this thread is for any kind of support whether good or bad circumstances. Congratulations on landing the new job!! ;)

I think you will all grow as a result..... but keep an eye on the other son speaking as a child psychologist. At some point he may or may not believe it was his fault and from everything you’ve said I dont feel you believe anything even close to that realm. Hes got a fantastic support system you guys rock for real.

~Dee~

Today would have been Grant's first day back at KU. Just when we think things are getting a little more tolerable, we get punched in the gut with stuff like this. 💔
OMG I'm so sorry for your loss man. There's nothing that can prepare a parent for the loss of a child because parents should not outlive their children. I know you'll never be "over" it but I hope you're able to find a little more peace as each day passes. Again, so sorry.

Yesterday was the follow-up for our son's hand. This was the first time that we got to see all of the hardware. They admitted this time that it was much worse than they had originally indicated and were quite impressed with how things were looking. They took the cast off and fitted him for a removable brace. The first one was going to completely immobilize three of his fingers. He absolutely lost his shit when the doctor left the room. We were able to do some negotiating and got him a brace that will still allow him to use his fingers. We go back in another week to have the stitches removed. He's going to have a pretty impressive scar on the back of his hand.
20230127_144249.jpg20230127_144013.jpg20230127_144110.jpg

Last edited:
And set off alarms at the airport for the rest of his life? :rofl: (not funny of course, but just a little chuckle)

Cheers

I look at my hand. So friggin amazing how it works, In awe really. Especially seeing this,
And doing a repair, just wow.

Looks like he is in good hands so to speak,
May he fully heal. <3

Still looking at my hands

Last edited:
I just wanted to send out a quick note to all here. You probably won't see me around much for a while. On Wednesday night our boys were driving home and the roads became suddenly icey. Our youngest son lost control and the car rolled into the ditch. Our youngest son somehow was able to get out of the car and run to the highway for help. Our oldest son unfortunately didn't make it. This is just the most God awful pain that I have ever known and I honestly don't know how we're going to keep going but we have to for our son. He is still facing some surgery on his right hand and has a nasty contusion on one of his lungs but we are home after a long night at the hospital. All of the thoughts and prayers are much appreciated and needed. This is how we are going to heal.
Just seeing this… absolutely heartbreaking. I am truly sorry for your loss.

I haven't been posting for over a week. Last Friday I reported to the hospital, for a major aortic aneurysm surgery. The surgery started about 9AM and my wife and family got to see me around 630 PM.
The surgery itself is considered to be one of the biggest surgeries that they do. That was told to me by 2 doctors who weren't involved in the actual surgery. I spent 3 days in the ICU and 4 days in other hospital rooms. I came home this Friday, weak and very tired but recovering better than expected. It will be a long recovery but should be able to do most things in about 3 months. Looks like I should be able to play golf around May 1st.
What I found out is that I have been blessed more than any man can expect. Not just by my wonderful family, friends, business accociates, but by many people who I didn't have a clue cared about me. This team of doctors did a great job, the nurses and other health care workers were all outstanding. I wish that I could say hospital food prep but you would know that I would be lying.
Please keep sending your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes to Alk and his family as I do. They will need them for a long time.

Last edited:
I haven't been posting for over a week. Last Friday I reported to the hospital, for a major aortic aneurysm surgery. The surgery started about 9AM and my wife and family got to see me around 630 PM.
Holy shit. Hopefully things are going smoothly for you now.

The surgery itself is considered to be one of the biggest surgeries that they do. Thet was told to me by 2 doctors who weren't in voloved in the actual surgery. I spent 3 days in the ICU and 4 days in other hospital rooms. I came home this Friday, weak and very tired but recovering better than exexpected. It will be a long recovery but should be able to do most things in about 3 months. Looks like I should be able to play golf around May 1st.
What I found out is that I have been blessed more than any man can expect. Not just by my wonderful family, friends, business accociates, but by many people who I didn't have a clue cared about me. This team of doctors did a great job, the nurses and other health care worker were all outstanding. I wish that I could say food prep but you would know that I would be lying.
Pleas keep sending your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes to Alk and his family as I do. They will need them for a long time.

No thoughts and prayers, you know me. :)

All my damn energy and I mean it, anything you need brother, just a word, I'm there.

I'd take a bit of of break from the paranoid thing, buy what do I know about value of breaks? :shrug-n2:

As for @Alk, yes, always and everything.

Get well and keep rocking it brother, your a good one.

:wuv:

Last edited:
The surgery itself is considered to be one of the biggest surgeries that they do. Thet was told to me by 2 doctors who weren't in voloved in the actual surgery. I spent 3 days in the ICU and 4 days in other hospital rooms. I came home this Friday, weak and very tired but recovering better than exexpected. It will be a long recovery but should be able to do most things in about 3 months. Looks like I should be able to play golf around May 1st.
What I found out is that I have been blessed more than any man can expect. Not just by my wonderful family, friends, business accociates, but by many people who I didn't have a clue cared about me. This team of doctors did a great job, the nurses and other health care worker were all outstanding. I wish that I could say food prep but you would know that I would be lying.
Pleas keep sending your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes to Alk and his family as I do. They will need them for a long time.
It can be a wonderful discovery finding that you have more people than you ever expected caring about you. I know I have been there myself.

It can be a wonderful discovery finding that you have more people than you ever expected caring about you. I know I have been there myself.

Had you clearly in mind as I read this from Paranoid.

No matter what crap we tend to think other human beings are, not many of them really are.

Thankful you guys have the ones you have even if you didn't know they cared.

Most do. 

:wuv:

The surgery itself is considered to be one of the biggest surgeries that they do. Thet was told to me by 2 doctors who weren't in voloved in the actual surgery. I spent 3 days in the ICU and 4 days in other hospital rooms. I came home this Friday, weak and very tired but recovering better than exexpected. It will be a long recovery but should be able to do most things in about 3 months.
Looks like I should be able to play golf around May 1st.
Please keep sending your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes to Alk and his family as I do. They will need them for a long time.

wishing you continued success in your recovery, you Maine-iac 👍

on the bright side of such a life-changing event, you should easily be able to milk 2-3 sympathy shots per round from your golfing buds when you are able to be back on the links 🙃

Consider this done, will add you to my prayer list and my church's prayer list. Alk is on there and anyone who wants to be on it just let me know. Take it easy, buddy. Glad it went well for you and your family. 💞

Back