The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

Just found out my papa in law has had a heart attack. He is 80 and is in the state below us. He treats me like a daughter. Please, please any thoughts, well wishes and prayers are needed and appreciated.

😥
hugs for you,and well-wishes from me for him.

Just found out my papa in law has had a heart attack. He is 80 and is in the state below us. He treats me like a daughter. Please, please any thoughts, well wishes and prayers are needed and appreciated.

😥
Creator,
Look upon this man with eyes of mercy.
May Your healing hands rest upon him and his family. May Your life-giving powers flow into every cell of his body and into the depth of his soul, restoring him to wholeness and strength for many more years.
Amen.

😥
Prayers to him.🙏

At this very moment, the flight we booked to FL last month is landing. We are not on it.
Friday, my bride took a pretty good spill working in her garden. I wasn't home, she downplayed it like she just got bruised on her side. She sucked it up over the weekend and didn't say much other than it was sore.
Last night it became clear she was really hurting and didn't want to say anything because she really had to get to FL. Took her to the ER and spent many hours there, and it turns out she broke 4 ribs. That's pretty bad. There was concern about a punctured lung but a CT scan ruled that out. Needless to say I cancelled our flight, car, business appointments and weekend with our son.
I guess we'll just have to go back when things get better. I've got a house I bought that I have yet to spend a night in. It will be a while longer.

The bride is a little less in agony tonight but it's still pretty bad, I can't leave her on her own at all for at least a week to 2 weeks.

At this very moment, the flight we booked to FL last month is landing. We are not on it.
Friday, my bride took a pretty good spill working in her garden. I wasn't home, she downplayed it like she just got bruised on her side. She sucked it up over the weekend and didn't say much other than it was sore.
Last night it became clear she was really hurting and didn't want to say anything because she really had to get to FL. Took her to the ER and spent many hours there, and it turns out she broke 4 ribs. That's pretty bad. There was concern about a punctured lung but a CT scan ruled that out. Needless to say I cancelled our flight, car, business appointments and weekend with our son.
I guess we'll just have to go back when things get better. I've got a house I bought that I have yet to spend a night in. It will be a while longer.

The bride is a little less in agony tonight but it's still pretty bad, I can't leave her on her own at all for at least a week to 2 weeks.

Dang. Life gets in the way. I hope her pain subsides fast. Hug her head.

Damn. The good news is you are there for her. So glad the lungs ok. May she gat well fast.

Best, BostonTim

Your bride is tougher than any man that I know. Broken ribs aren't just a little painful. It feels like you have a red hot poker in your side. If you take more than a shallow breath, it hurts.
How in the world could she downplay it for 3 or 4 days blows my mind.
Glad to hear that there was no damage to the lungs. She can play on my team anytime. :)

Wow your wife if one tough lady. So sorry she is hurting. I’ll pray for a speedy recovery.

You are doing the best you should do. So glad to know the lungs were not damaged. Try not to make her laugh for at least a week. Wishing the best to both of you.

Muse. I pray papa in law is better.
Patswin, wifeys are STRONG and I wish yours a speedy recovery.
Thank you so much. 💕

He was released from the hospital and he is doing okay . This is the second time he has been placed in the hospital this year though. He is on medication that he better darn take.

Sending positive vibes your wife's way from across the Atlantic.

Appreciate all the kind thoughts thank you all.

Her attitude and her spirits good. Trying to smile. She had an awful night though. The pain is horrible and I almost am crying just looking at her. Trying to get comfortable is impossible. The doc says she has to get up and get around. I got her outside for a short walk and that went pretty well. I figure 2 weeks of this and then some improvement and things get a tad easier. She works from home and had a thought of logging on and doing some stuff. Her boss called her and said don't you even think of it. As I mentioned we were supposed to be in FL on vacay starting today. Her boss backed out all her vacation time so she got it back and put her in as sick so that was nice of her.

Thanks again

@patswin
And me lol she and you are in my thoughts....
I hope you don’t have any residuals of the Canadian forest fire cause it’s awful.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Back